'That Fabia forum'

xa0sx

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did all economy and everything else come from in this argument? For what's been spent on that car along with the purchase of the car could have a nice sports car for that, nice TVR or Caterham?

Diesels are boring..... (runs and hides ;) )

Keep running. ;)

Can you imagine how much Luke would have to spend running an Evo if he does 25k miles a year. :o

Petrol has it's place... for an occasional toy. :giggle:

I love the fact that the cars mentioned above to be faster cars etc for 5 grand or so. None of them is a diesel.

So is there a better diesel out there for the fabia's money????

SEAT Ibiza FR or Cupra.

Same car, cheaper, better spec as standard (climate control if nothing else). If Cupra, has the PD160 intake, Brembos, FMIC, strut braces etc as standard. There's £1.5k at least saved I'd expect.

SEAT Ibiza FR or Cupra.

Same car, cheaper, better spec as standard (climate control if nothing else). If Cupra, has the PD160 intake, Brembos, FMIC, strut braces etc as standard. There's £1.5k at least saved I'd expect.

The PD160 cupra is double the insurance group the fabia is so most of what your saving on having parts standard has gone on insurance !

Just had a read through this and there are a lot of malicious comments. Makes for comical reading though.

Luke may have a drive it like you stole it attitude, but he obviously does maintain his car well.

He is doing what many people seem to have forgotten. Driving should be fun! Surely that's the reason people bought the vRS?

Yes he has invested heavily in it, but he is fortunate to be in a position where he can afford it. I mean who wouldn't go mad with a car they like?

Also I think it's good that he shows how much his mods cost. I'm pretty sure that most people's questions are where did you get that part and how much did it cost?

Now my keyboard warrior moment is over I'm gonna get a tea!

SEAT Ibiza FR or Cupra.

As you said 'same car'.

Fr's are closest I think in terms of money.

But I don't think there's a better non vag small diesel car out there.

Got to page 3 and cant be arsed to read the rest. This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I have noticed that there are a few on this forum who have big egos and insist on always being correct. It all gets a bit boring after a while.

If the postie recognised my car or even mentioned the forum I think I'd prob post something on here.

ps My dad is better than all of your dads ;)

Got to page 3 and cant be arsed to read the rest. This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I have noticed that there are a few on this forum who have big egos and insist on always being correct. It all gets a bit boring after a while.

If the postie recognised my car or even mentioned the forum I think I'd prob post something on here.

ps My dad is better than all of your dads ;)

I'm gonna tell my dad you said that.....

If i wanted diesel i would go for a 2007 onwards 330d(sallon or coupe) 231bhp standard, with stage 2 map over 300bhp. and still around 45mpg capable.

and a nice smooth 6 cylinder engine too.

the only reason i haven't got one, is i can't afford to fix the BMW if it goes wrong, whereas fabia's are cheap to fix.

If i had say Bossfox's disposable income i would prob opt for a 1year old 335D Coupe.

Luke For the record, i have no problem with you or your car. if i had a nice car and actually knew how to post pics on this forum i would certainly share my modifying experiences with other people. i appreicate you build threads. thanks for posting them and keep up the good work.

As you said 'same car'.

Fr's are closest I think in terms of money.

But I don't think there's a better non vag small diesel car out there.

What about the Sporting Grande Puntos? Either 1.6 or 1.9 TDi?

Better spec'd, but not quite as comfy as the Fabia from memory. Not driven one in anger though, so not too sure on the handling front, but I'd expect it to be slightly better personally.

Keep running. ;)

Can you imagine how much Luke would have to spend running an Evo if he does 25k miles a year. :o

Petrol has it's place... for an occasional toy. :giggle:

but he's going 1.8T and bigger turbo so the mpgs will plummet relative to a 1.9 TDI, so are we back to being able to get a car that's way more fun to drive for a similar total outlay?

Not to be a party poooper, Because im all for modifying and I love people doing crazy things with cars. But when it comes to engine transplants it divids my opinion quiet a lot. For example I give maximum thumbs up to people who pop honda engines in the orginal mini's people who stick huge engines in little cars for example a c2 running a pug v6. Something that isnt meant to go in or something that might possibly go in, I 100% understand and respect! BUT why put an engine in a car that shares the same floor plan as 2 other cars in a close range. Ibiza and the Polo! Were you could quiet easliy go out and buy ether one of the 2 and not worry about half of things you would do if you had placed the engine in the fabia vRS. I Just dont get it! But I would understand if you thought. "Sod it I know its never been done before, but ive decided to try and cram in a 2.5 V6 TDi from a skoda superb in my fabis vRS" In my warped heard that makes much more sense, than trying to turn your car into 2 cars that already exist.....

I know that sounds odd, and please flame me for it :p but do people see were am coming from with this :rofl:

Not to be a party poooper, Because im all for modifying and I love people doing crazy things with cars. But when it comes to engine transplants it divids my opinion quiet a lot. For example I give maximum thumbs up to people who pop honda engines in the orginal mini's people who stick huge engines in little cars for example a c2 running a pug v6. Something that isnt meant to go in or something that might possibly go in, I 100% understand and respect! BUT why put an engine in a car that shares the same floor plan as 2 other cars in a close range. Ibiza and the Polo! Were you could quiet easliy go out and buy ether one of the 2 and not worry about half of things you would do if you had placed the engine in the fabia vRS. I Just dont get it! But I would understand if you thought. "Sod it I know its never been done before, but ive decided to try and cram in a 2.5 V6 TDi from a skoda superb in my fabis vRS" In my warped heard that makes much more sense, than trying to turn your car into 2 cars that already exist.....

I know that sounds odd, and please flame me for it :p but do people see were am coming from with this :rofl:

Because I don't want to start again. I don't want to measure wheels and get the perfect offset, I don't want to spend £1,300 on coilovers, I don't want to polybush the whole car, I don't want to get leather re-trim, a new steering wheel, tints, audio and other interior stuff... I don't want to change my plate over, sell (break) the car, etc. I love my car but I'd prefer a 1.8T engine in it. The PD130 is fun sure but I think the 1.8T Fabia vRS would have been more popular, I get sooo many negative comments: It's a diesel, though...

I want a nice sounding car, pops, bangs, dump valves, turbo flutter, boost but most importantly I want my own car without having black soot all over the rear after a 10 mile drive... I can't keep it clean, it's impossible, so I have to take it to hand car washes that swirls the paint. I've done like 30,000 miles this year, I'd have to clean it every single day to keep it looking reasonable, it's just unrealistic.

I like the fabia for the "its a diesel" comments, but I fully see where you coming from. A 1.8T ibiza or polo isnt a 1.8T fabia at all. Its not a common swap and would be very rare in this country. Even more of a sleeper than it is now. Doesnt matter how much people say the ibiza/polo/fabia are all the same cars, they arnt, they are nothing like each other.

I like the fabia for the "its a diesel" comments, but I fully see where you coming from. A 1.8T ibiza or polo isnt a 1.8T fabia at all. Its not a common swap and would be very rare in this country. Even more of a sleeper than it is now. Doesnt matter how much people say the ibiza/polo/fabia are all the same cars, they arnt, they are nothing like each other.

Im intrigued what makes you say there nothing like each other? :o

I want a nice sounding car, pops, bangs, dump valves, turbo flutter, boost but most importantly I want my own car without having black soot all over the rear after a 10 mile drive... I can't keep it clean, it's impossible, so I have to take it to hand car washes that swirls the paint. I've done like 30,000 miles this year, I'd have to clean it every single day to keep it looking reasonable, it's just unrealistic.

Look into other mappers then. A tuned diesel does not need to smoke.

Look into other mappers then. A tuned diesel does not need to smoke.

Or run a switchable map.

Silly for Santa Pod and slightly less silly (but clean) for the road when you are not using that top 10% of the power. :thumbup: