Intake and EGT figures

I did some data logging on the drive to work this morning and once the car had warmed up I a couple of hard runs though 2nd 3rd and into 4th I got the intake temp upto 21°. Was 4° outside.

Anyone else bothered to log their intake temps?

Going to log EGT on the way home, and see how high that gets. It was showing 410° this morning while the engine was cooling down. What should I expect while climbing up the revs?

You have an EGT sensor then?

The AUQ engine doesn't have an EGT sensor as standard. Other 20vT's do, like the BAM or AMK engines.

I haven't added one. Where does the reading come from? Does the ECU make up the value based on something else?

These are from a couple of years ago when we looked at the efficiency of the standard SMIC after a remap, runs were on a very cold Romney Marsh (outside air temp between 1 and 4°c) with another members car.

1st run - intake air temp 20°c, achieved 213bhp

2nd run - intake air temp 33°c, achieved 203bhp

3rd run - intake air temp 40°c, achieved 194bhp

These are from a couple of years ago when we looked at the efficiency of the standard SMIC after a remap, runs were on a very cold Romney Marsh (outside air temp between 1 and 4°c) with another members car.

1st run - intake air temp 20°c, achieved 213bhp

2nd run - intake air temp 33°c, achieved 203bhp

3rd run - intake air temp 40°c, achieved 194bhp

Cheers for that. The power really drops off as the temp comes up!

I'm using vagcom(vcds).

To be fair, it doesn't say EGT on the read out, it's just a temp that looks like it could be EGT and I assumed it was. Was up over 700 on the way home from work.