My dyno print out from Shark Performance

Had my Octy on Sharks Dyno and was very impressed despite my engine having 3 misfires lowdown. It is a tweaked stage 1 map, pre cat removed, SFS hoses, K&N typhoon intake with a BSH catch can. Ben was impressed with how it held the power over 4000rpms. It almost holds the full 252 bhp till 7000rpm. I cant say enough about Ben, Cheryl, Rob and Andy at Shark as their service is always first class and the graph speaks volumes about how good Shark is :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:Shark.jpg

I am not too sure as I had the coilpacks replaced under the recall and fitted new spark plugs in June this year. It seems to pull fine through the gears with no misfires (famous last words lol) Ideally it could do with being datalogged but I havent the spare cash this month to take it back to shark to do it. I think unitl it starts doing it during driving then I will leave it alone. Its stiill bloody fast though...happiness redefined :giggle:

check the plugs - could be loads of things but from my experience the size of dips looks like plugs. cheaper first check than coilpacks as well ;)

have you got the afr and boost plot as well? may hold the key...

Might have to invest in some new plugs though these are ngk and the correct plug for the car. I would have thought they should last longer than 5000miles and 4 months. Its a pity it misfired though as it looked like it was starting to ramp quite quickly given the angle of the curve. Still its a testament to Sharks mapping on how well they can set cars up with different modifications. Plus Cheryl makes a demon coffee!:thumbup:

Thinking about it this is the second set of plugs that has misfired that are NGK. The first ones I purchased from TPS and they went after a month so I bought these NGKs hoping they were from a different batch. I am wondering if I should opt for a set of colder plugs like the NGK BKR8EIX or stick with the OE NGK plugs again :think:

Thinking about it this is the second set of plugs that has misfired that are NGK. The first ones I purchased from TPS and they went after a month so I bought these NGKs hoping they were from a different batch. I am wondering if I should opt for a set of colder plugs like the NGK BKR8EIX or stick with the OE NGK plugs again :think:

don't go too cold - light throttle when cold turns very jittery. Speak to the tuners BUT tell them how you drive it... ie if its a road opposed to track day (ie full boost for prolonged periods or the occasional couple of seconds)

i dont know how clever the ecu is on a tsi at logging faults - i chased a misfire for ages with nothing showing live logging - turned out to be a cam sensor failing at high rpm/ high temp (shame i replaced all 6 coil packs first in desperation...)

Spent the last 2 months trying to find the cause of misfires on my TSI vRS. Ended up being the MAF sensor.

Lots of fault codes produced, but none directly from the sensor. Just a case of working through the components and logical elimination.

Good figures by the way. Hope you get the misfires sorted.

I have not tried it on the stock map yet. I have tried reseating the maf sensor to see if that was leaking around the seal to see if that works. There are no fault codes and no CEL lights either. I will try checking the plugs when I get time but my socket set is at my fathers house 24 miles away so will have to wait until next week when I am off. It doesnt hesitate when driving through the gears and it only misfires when under heavy load pulling in 4th from low down, which i dont ever do so i may just leave alone until it presents itself duriing normal driving.

The mis fire has been fixed. I fitted a set of NGK BKR7EIX and its running super smoothly again. Next mod is an autotech hpfp internals, then a sports cat downpipe with a stage 3 map. Im looking at the BCS exhausts at the moment as they look to be excellent bits of kit.