REMAP TIME , SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

tapir

Has anybody ever used or heard of Diesel Bob Tuning (UK) Ltd, in Ribchester?I was recommended to go there by a lad I used to work with but haven't heard about them before or any other info?

Never heard of them, but I have to laugh at their claimed figures from a remap....

Skoda Fabia vRS (03>) 1.9 TDi

Fuel:Diesel

Engine Capacity (cc):1896

Standard Power (Bhp):130

Modified Power (Bhp):193

Standard Torque (lb/ft):228

Modified Torque (lb/ft):309

Additional Information: The 1.9 TDi 130bhp utilises a mixture of Honeywell & Garrett Turbo chargers depending on application. All the 130’s are fitted with side mounted intercoolers which provide good performance from the PD engine. We utilise torque limiters in our modified software to ensure the engine speeds reach 2,250rpm before bringing in maximum torque, this ensures a higher lbft torque figure to be achieved whilst maintaining clutch life. The output we set on these engines varies according to vehicle as we tune to ensure clutch life is maintained for standard vehicles. We can achieve figures well over 250bhp with the fitment of uprated turbos and front mounted intercoolers.

We develop all of our software on the rolling road to ensure accuracy in terms of both power delivery and also to ensure fuelling, boost pressures and exhaust gas temperatures are all within tolerance. Our aim is for maximum power whilst maintaining optimum reliability.Please note that each remap can have slightly varied results, power/torque quotes given can vary by +/- 5%.

I agree the results can be a little bit on the high side, I know we fitted a superchip to Myrescough's track Fabia vRS at our work and that made 180bhpish and I know the rollers are pretty much spot on for there reading's

What interested me was the fact they mention about limiting the torque till over 2k, I went to another good tuning company today who I would say do very good work indeed, yet when questioned reading limiting torque they pretty much said there is no need.

It's absolutely possible to get those figures from a PD130 engine, just not for very long. JabbaSport have always said they can do more than 300lb/ft if you have a modified clutch.

And they do say that the figures are variable.

A good map, like Shark's, protects the car from itself and, to a certain extent, from abuse by the driver as the torque curve is tailored to stop clutch damage.

If you want cheap, Unit 18 are £250 for a very good map, I'd just rather use Shark.

they also map out the EGR, so a delete pipe wont throw up an error on a BLT engine.

And there's your bullcrap. The EML light on a BLT isn't always EGR related, it's related to the anti-shudder valve which is electrical on a BLT engine and can have its presence verified (unlike the vacuum one on the ASZ where you can only electrically verify the vacuum pump itself is there). So even if they disable the EGR operation, you'll probably still get an error light due to the missing ASV. I'm not aware of anyone who's managed to crack this problem yet, although I think JabbaSport said elsewhere on Briskoda that they think they're close to finding a solution for it.

edit - and I'd use Shark. Very, very impressed with my Shark map and hoping to get a further few tweaks out of it once I'm running a bedded in clutch with SMF.

Edited by gavinchappell

tapir I've got a BLT and my two pence worth would be that if you're only going to remap a standard car, with no additional or supporting mods, then getting a map with a dialled down EGR is the simplest solution. You still have the EGR function, but to a lesser extent.

If you really want to be rid of the EGR system on the BLT then you may want to check out my gallery, with regards to the "wingnut mod"?

I thought some Fabias had a KKK Turbo, not a Honeywell one.

Indeed a lot of Fabias I've seen have had KKK, I just thought it was amusing that the company who wrote the above blurb about the PD130 quotes that a mixture of Honeywell and Garrett turbos are used.