vRS AWX mods questions

Hi chaps!

I've had my fabia vRS a couple months now and im seriously looking into some performace mods to do after the crappy winter weather.

The following mods I have in mind are...

Decat

EGR Removal Kit

PowerPipe

and

A Revo remap (I will tell them I've done the following mods so they can map it correctly also I want the mao switching unit so I can put it back to standard when selling it)

Has anyone had any experiance with the above mods on the AWX engines? And out of interest what is the difference?

Cheers in advance.

Chris

Decat should be fine, but keep your cat, it might be needed to get through the MOT next year (but not 100% certain yet).

EGR removal and powerpipe are the same thing, no? If you've got an ASZ engine it'll be fine once you've got the map tuned for no EGR, if you've got a BLT then removing the EGR valve altogether will throw an engine light as you'll also remove the anti-shudder valve. I believe you can still get the EGR disabled through mapping though, just not remove the valve physically.

Also, you don't have an AWX engine, that's the longitudinal PD130 from the Passat/Superb/A4, yours will be either ASZ or BLT, and I really would consider a Shark map, they're excellent IMO and should be cheaper than Revo :)

The EGR removal kit is basically a straight piece of pipe that you put in in place of the EGR valve. Hence the slang term "powerpipe".

I had a K&N but took it off after seeing SimonK's thread on his shafted turbo (lots of erosion on the impeller blades which is probably related to poor filtration). I went out the same day and bought an OEM spec Bosch paper filter, fitted it and there's no performance difference at all. I wouldn't bother tbh, but if you really want a K&N I have one you can have ;)

Ah right, I thought that the powerpipe went from the air filter to the turbo?

Thats interesting about the K&N airfilter, I definatly don't want my turbo to go, screw that.

I'm liking the idea of the Decat at the moment, and im still pondering on the advantages of the egr removal. :)

Guest BigJase88

Asz engine loses asv as its part of the egr valve

I think the blt doesnt but could be wrong as ive never had a blt engine