Max BHP after Remap out of Fabia MK2 PD 105bhp

Slotty

Hi all

I've had my Fabia re mapped few months ago and the guy who did it for me asked me what extra power I'm looking to add. I asked him for a safe power increase and he added exta 35bhp to my car. Does anyone know what is the max BHP that can be added to 1.9 PD 105 bhp without changing any parts or modyfying the engine/clutch/gearbox as I've been given the lifetime warranty by the tunning company and can ask them to change my map at any time and if it's possible might ask them to increase the power.

Many thanks for your help and any answers

Matty

Edited by Matty FabSport MK2

Hi Matty, 140bhp sounds pretty good. It's what Audi pushed this engine to for the A4. It's reckoned to be very safe at that power output. You can go more but I can't answer you question definitively as to how much more. Just remember the more you extract, the more likely your are to shorten the life of the transmission, ie: DMF, clutch etc. It's part of playing the power game. It just depends what you want, a power mad crazy car or one that is going to be reliable for a long time. In it's current state it'll be fine for years. Speak with your tuners too, they may be able to advise further, but be cautious as they have a vested interest in selling you another chip. No doubt others on here will have some good info for you.

Which Audi was sold with the same unit as the Fabia with 140hp?? (I'm sure there isn't one)

Furthermore the estimated output is absolutely not representative of how long the car will last.. It purely relies on how the map is written.

The PD105 is good for 140 or so, possibly 150 for a very short time.

Is there anyway that I can check my map's quality. For the remap I've used Flash Remapping (www.flashremapping.co.uk) Do you know if they any good..?

YOu are in Dartford, so i would nip across to BexleyHeath and use Sanspeeds dyno dynamics rolling road. Its very accurate, you wont get false or exagerated figures and will have a fair idea what your car is putting out. Its around £60 for a run iirc

Theres no other decent or accurate rollers local to you IMO

The PD105 is good for 140 or so, possibly 150 for a very short time.

Was thinking about the Audi 1.9TDI PD 130ps engine. Of course you are right about how the map is written being an important factor, very. But you have just made my point better than me in your post. I've seen the 1.9pd engine pushed to 160ps but it didn't last for more than a few months.

I had a Performance Torque remap on my vRoomster which ran 150's verified on Will's rollers and on Awesomes and had a lovely curve. I will try and find the picture of the graph, it had the same PD105 engine.

Edit, here it is

BILD0493.jpg