AUQ Vs. AGU Engine

I know my Octy VRS has an AUQ Engine in it which has potentially has some issuses with the Turbo / valve stem seals etc.

I've been offered a AGU engine with low mileage on it. I know they are 150bhp as opposed to the 180BHP AUQ engine.

Does anyone know any other fundamental differences between the engines?

Are the heads, block, pistons, crank, turbo etc the same, Can parts off the AGU engine be used on my AUQ engine?

I know its a fairly big ask but by having the AGU engine to cannablise could save me a fortune :thumbup:

Auq has variable valve timing and drive by wire.. Agu has bigger ports and stronger con rods ironically..they both have slightly different breather systems... I wouldn't want to comment on which parts will interchange between them internally...

You are better off holding out for an engine with the same code tbh.

It isn't the same engine, there are many differences although some inconsequential, you could probably steal parts from the AUQ to fit the AGU to make it work but it won't be a simple swap.

Look out for an AUQ or AUM, they are physically identical.

AGU has different coil pack same as Audi S4,and has no problems with them

Quite right, i forgot about that.. The agu engine has an ignition setup which is unique only the that engine code.. The coil on plug units are specific to that engine code as they don't have an amplifier circuit built in, there is a separate ignition output stage module mounted ONI the back of the airbox which coverts the signal from ecu to TTL for the coils...

Ah ...always wondered what the thing on the airbox was :thumbup:

Apologies, I've described it wrong in my haste... A normal ignition coil/coilpack has a permanent live on one side of the primary winding and the ecu ignition driver circuit switches the other side of the primary winding to earth to create a spark... On the agu ecu it works in a different way, the ecu has 4 separate ignition drivers which are a logic TTL (in electronics nerd speak), so in other words they switch on to +5v to fire a coil but they don't have sufficient current capacity to fire the coil.. So the ignition module takes this TTL signal and converts it to a negative earth driver for the ignition coils.. The reason it's mounted on the airbox is because the module gets quite hot, it's bolted to a small heatsink which is inserted into a hole in the air box, the air flowing past keeps the module cool.. It's quite common for folks who fit daft little induction cone filters to just leave this module flapping around like a donkeys knob in the wind which leads to overheating and premature failure, often it's cylinder 3 which goes first.... Sorry for the irrelevant info and the holy thread hijack.

The other thing the agu engine has is a barometric pressure sensor which is also adjacent to the air filter box.