Awesome gti remap reviews?

I am planning to get a remap done at awesome gti in irlam (near Manchester) and I was wondering if anyone has got any reviews about them/the maps I was directed from a mate with a vrs but he doesn't have the map on his car so he can't say much for the maps :)

I am also thinking of getting cruise control as well :)

where in cheshire are you?

more bhp is in crewe jason is a top bloke seems to know his stuff made my fabia really nippy :D

also did my mates pd100 ibiza, i take it you have the pd100 1.9tdi? great price aswell

where in cheshire are you?

more bhp is in crewe jason is a top bloke seems to know his stuff made my fabia really nippy :D

also did my mates pd100 ibiza, i take it you have the pd100 1.9tdi? great price aswell

I live in northwich/Middlewich but I'm in Crewe quite a lot :) how much do they charge? And yeah it's the pd100 with all the vrs bumpers :)

I live in northwich/Middlewich but I'm in Crewe quite a lot :) how much do they charge? And yeah it's the pd100 with all the vrs bumpers :)

look on google type in 'more bhp' and it should come up with a contact number

i know a few people who have had remaps from there, my mate did 25k trouble free miles in his ibiza once it had been done. think i paid around £200 but that was 2 years ago now

Personally I wouldn't go to awesome for maps. Off the shelf parts, can't fault them however.

I was behind a lad who had his vRS mapped by them on a brisky drive, and it smoked rather a lot...

Also Gavinchappel on here, his car was built by Awesome, and he bought his car after it was claimed to be 240bhp. Got it on an independant dyno, and after smoking everybody out the room, turned out it was something like 204 with a ridiculous torque spike that has killed his flywheel...

Shark Performance - have a search on here to see how highly rated they are, and they now have a dealer in Manchester

http://briskoda.net/...the-north-west/

Infact that's even your topic!

look on google type in 'more bhp' and it should come up with a contact number

i know a few people who have had remaps from there, my mate did 25k trouble free miles in his ibiza once it had been done. think i paid around £200 but that was 2 years ago now

Whete abouts do you live? And there on eBay as a 'postal remap' company where you send the ecu to them and that's only £99 but I would trust that :/

Personally I wouldn't go to awesome for maps. Off the shelf parts, can't fault them however.

Agreed, their workshop seem to know what they're doing and their prices for hardware are generally pretty good, but I wouldn't use them for software again.

Also Gavinchappel on here, his car was built by Awesome, and he bought his car after it was claimed to be 240bhp. Got it on an independant dyno, and after smoking everybody out the room, turned out it was something like 204 with a ridiculous torque spike that has killed his flywheel...

Yep, the map was very smoky and very spiky. I drove around the spike but the previous owner didn't, and the flywheel started dying on the dyno runs at Shark. I had the Awesome map replaced by a Shark one that day which holds more power up to the redline and removed the torque spike. Even though the peak figures are less it actually feels better on the road when you're giving it some stick and there's virtually no smoke compared to before. That was an "Awesome custom map" but I never found out whether it was really custom or whether it was actually a map from the likes of Revo or APR (who Awesome don't use anymore but they were still partners when the build of my car started so it could have been an old APR map). SMF and new clutch going in today so once it's bedded in I think I'll be back up at Shark to see if there's anything else they can get out of my engine with a more suitable drivetrain.

Also another friend of mine had one of the Awesome stage 1 maps (I think Revo but not 100% sure) which went on Shark's dyno as well. That one seemed to have some pretty dangerously high boost levels given the flakiness of stock KKK PD130 turbos so was possibly a risk to the long-term reliability of his car, and I think that map was fairly spiky as well. He had his "upgraded" to a Shark map as well and finds it much smoother and more drivable.

I really don't think you can go wrong with Shark, it might be a bit of a drive but would be well worth it, or speak to their Manchester guy (he's on here somewhere but I can't think of his username). Depends whether you want a dyno run as well, their dyno is very accurate (again, unlike Awesome's which seemed to greatly overinflate the power and torque available from my car).

You are just speculating if you cannot be sure if it was a Revo or not, I am not saying Shark maps are no good( and was there when you treated us to your comedy smoke at Bens :giggle:) and Revo will pay for any hardware fault caused by a remapp, something that Shark could not do at the time( maybe now?) My mapp was installed by F+R tuning in Bradford, as Ben was a much smaller operation then and did not get back to me,as I have very short notice of when my day off is .When Awesome became an agent I had it tweaked to my car on their rollers. Jannersy said their rollers are out so I rollered it at Bens, which showed slightly more bhp and as stated earlier a smooth power curve.:thumbup:

All I know is it was invoiced as "Awesome custom mapping" or similar. Whatever it was though, it was spiky and smoky (the smoke being my bigger concern), and the Shark one isn't. The rest is just technicalities IMO :)

Hello people.

I hope everyone is well. Just to let you know custom Awesome Remaps are down to customers specification. We ask our customers how they would like

there remap. When the yellow fabia vrs was remapped, the customer specifically asked to get the maximum power out of the vehicle. He was advised by Awesome

the remap will be very smokey. The customer still requested to go ahead with the remap.

Regarding the Awesome Generic maps on offer at £150.00 inc vat. They have been written at Awesome and have been written for a overall performance increase, with smoke, reliability and drive ability taken into consideration. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee with our remaps. And you can drive the vehicle before you pay.

We have remapped 100's of Fabia vrs's and have had many many happy customers.

I hope that helps

Thanks

Hassan

Edited by AwesomeHassan

When the yellow fabia vrs was remapped, the customer specifically asked to get the maximum power out of the vehicle. He was advised by Awesome

the remap will be very smokey.

Hi Hassan, I thought that might have been the case. But I did ask about the smoke after I bought the car and was told it was normal, and "one of the cleanest hybrid PD130s around". Plus there's the issue of the dyno lottery giving what seem like inflated figures. The rest of the car I'm more than pleased with and it seems to have been built to a good standard, but after experiencing a Shark map and making virtually the same peak power but with a wider power band and much less smoke, I just wouldn't use Awesome again for mapping. I've had workshop work done with you guys before on my Leon as well and was very happy with that, but I just don't feel that your software is up to scratch with the competition that's out there.

Edit - as always with forums, this is my opinion only, not a fact. At the end of the day, the OP is free to take their money and put it where they feel is best :)

Edited by gavinchappell

I am happy you have found a remap which has suited your driving style. As I mentioned before it was a custom remap on that vehicle and

it did not suit your driving style. We have carried out 100's of remaps and have had many happy customers. I am happy you have given your opinion.

I would just like to say we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If anyone wishes to try our remap I am 100% confident you will like the remap.

If you are in doubt, I would try the remap that would put all queries at ease.

Thanks

Hassan

I am happy you have found a remap which has suited your driving style. As I mentioned before it was a custom remap on that vehicle and

it did not suit your driving style. We have carried out 100's of remaps and have had many happy customers. I am happy you have given your opinion.

I would just like to say we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If anyone wishes to try our remap I am 100% confident you will like the remap.

If you are in doubt, I would try the remap that would put all queries at ease.

Thanks

Hassan

Cheers matey, I think that your maps are good value for money as well as the cruise control so if I came to you guys I would be getting them both done :) and with the 30 day thing are you saying that for some reason I didn't like the map then I could come back to you lot and you would be able to put the ecu 100% back to how it was before?? Also do you offer any sort of guarantee? Thanks :)

it did not suit your driving style.

I'm sorry to have to interject here, and I don't really want to stir this up any more, nor am I having a go at Awesome, but this post is in the Fabia I section so there's no reason that I shouldn't post.

The map that was on Gavin's car didn't suit Gavin because of his driving style, it didn't suit him because it bellowed plumes of unburnt diesel out of the exhaust pipe.

Furthermore, it made nearly 40hp less than quoted. If it'd have made 240hp then perhaps the smoke would have been a worthwhile price to pay, however it didn't even get close.

I'm sorry to have to interject here, and I don't really want to stir this up any more, nor am I having a go at Awesome, but this post is in the Fabia I section so there's no reason that I shouldn't post.

The map that was on Gavin's car didn't suit Gavin because of his driving style, it didn't suit him because it bellowed plumes of unburnt diesel out of the exhaust pipe.

Furthermore, it made nearly 40hp less than quoted. If it'd have made 240hp then perhaps the smoke would have been a worthwhile price to pay, however it didn't even get close.

And on the back of that...

Ben, when i asked you to map mine as far as it would go, you did so.

Does it smoke ?

Nope :):thumbup:

I'd be very unhappy if my car smoked as bad as Gavins did "because thats the way the previous owner wanted"

Personally, I feel I've wasted my money at Awesome GTI on the remap as I've been back a few times and they've dropped the map down each time and it still smokes like mad!

It wasn't smoking nowheres near as much until I had this map put on at Awesome GTI. I enquired the other day to have it removed and will cost me another £33 + VAT on top of the £260.00 I originally paid (map + dyno runs).

I believe mines currently running at 155bhp & 275lbs of torque. I can't even use this power as my clutch is slipping like mad now and the turbo is on it's way out! So this remap from Awesome GTI will end up costing me an arm and leg!!

Sorry Awesome, I've got to be honest about my situation. If you can sort anything out for me, please private message me as I will be interested in what you have to offer.

Personally, I feel I've wasted my money at Awesome GTI on the remap as I've been back a few times and they've dropped the map down each time and it still smokes like mad!

It wasn't smoking nowheres near as much until I had this map put on at Awesome GTI. I enquired the other day to have it removed and will cost me another £33 + VAT on top of the £260.00 I originally paid (map + dyno runs).

I believe mines currently running at 155bhp & 275lbs of torque. I can't even use this power as my clutch is slipping like mad now and the turbo is on it's way out! So this remap from Awesome GTI will end up costing me an arm and leg!!

Sorry Awesome, I've got to be honest about my situation. If you can sort anything out for me, please private message me as I will be interested in what you have to offer.

Get yourself over to Shark, even if it's just to diagnose what's causing you problems and to get the car back to standard. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I've lost count the number of times I've said this, but a tuned diesel does not need to smoke

When i bought my vrs it smoked badly and was very aggressive. Had it remapped by Shark and that smoke was gone and the map was instantly noticably smoother and the car was quicker pulling strongly towards the redline whereas before there was a huge surge which quickly tailed off. I recommend Shark to anyone