Awesome gti remap reviews?

I am happy you have found a remap which has suited your driving style. As I mentioned before it was a custom remap on that vehicle and

it did not suit your driving style. We have carried out 100's of remaps and have had many happy customers. I am happy you have given your opinion.

I would just like to say we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If anyone wishes to try our remap I am 100% confident you will like the remap.

If you are in doubt, I would try the remap that would put all queries at ease.

Thanks

Hassan

I'm sorry to have to interject here, and I don't really want to stir this up any more, nor am I having a go at Awesome, but this post is in the Fabia I section so there's no reason that I shouldn't post.

The map that was on Gavin's car didn't suit Gavin because of his driving style, it didn't suit him because it bellowed plumes of unburnt diesel out of the exhaust pipe.

Furthermore, it made nearly 40hp less than quoted. If it'd have made 240hp then perhaps the smoke would have been a worthwhile price to pay, however it didn't even get close.

And on the back of that...

Ben, when i asked you to map mine as far as it would go, you did so.

Does it smoke ?

Nope :):thumbup:

I'd be very unhappy if my car smoked as bad as Gavins did "because thats the way the previous owner wanted"

I wasn't going to post in here again as there's not really any need for it, but then I saw these posts. I mentioned to Johnny in a PM yesterday that I don't think it was my driving style and while I appreciate that's what the previous owner wanted, the way my car was fuelling could have caused serious issues on a longer term (say the next 3 or 4 years I intend to keep that car) due to unburnt fuel coking everything up, high EGTs, etc. I wasn't too impressed with Awesome's willingness to do this map, when IMO you should have only done it to what was safe and said that was the maximum. I don't see my driving style as that much different from Ste's, I get into the Fabia and I want to go somewhere reliably and quickly. If I want to use WOT then I should be able to without blinding everyone behind me.

Ben has brought up the difference in the figures I alluded to earlier, no one on Briskoda has ever believed this car has 440lb/ft, and even I came around to the fact that it didn't have that, but I wasn't expecting it to be quite so far adrift either. The Awesome map peaked at only 380lb/ft very low down which is what I believe has done in my flywheel (although the clutch itself has held up fine). I have no doubt that Awesome have hundreds of happy customers because they're a huge name in VAG tuning, and have sold maps from some similarly big players (Revo and APR spring to mind as well as your own software). I know people with 1.8Ts who absolutely refuse to consider anything that's not Revo, just because it's Revo, even though I reckon if I could persuade them towards somewhere like Shark they could get a far more drivable car.

Part of the reason I bought this car over similarly specced cars was because it had Awesome's name "attached" to it as it was virtually an Awesome development car (there's only about 2 invoices in the inch-high stack I've been given that don't have your logo on them) but my experience with your map and Shark has taught me that just because you're a big name doesn't mean there isn't better out there, you just have to be open-minded enough to try it. Maybe your hundreds of happy customers simply don't know or won't accept anything different.

I have the graph for the yellow Fabia Vrs. This was done a while ago when everything was running all okay.

The owner at the time was told the smoke will be excessive and it may not be reliable. We did not want to map the

car the way how it was done, however car did do the power below on the day we mapped the vehicle

If anybody is having issues with smoke after a remap please give us a call, we are more than happy to help.

As i have mentioned before we have remapped 100's of PD130 engines, including 2 Fabia Vrs's today.

MK05-UEP.jpg

Thanks

Hassan

Edited by AwesomeHassan

Hassan, according to the date you've left on that graph it was done in January this year, I bought the car in April (collected April 10th, so just less than 3 months after that graph). Admittedly it wasn't dynoed by me until the Shark open day at the end of August, but that's still only 7 months after your results above. I wouldn't expect to lose 40bhp/60lbft over 7 months, I had my Leon dynoed twice about 6 months apart while I had it and the second result was within 4bhp/5lbft of the first.

Like i said, this was a one off map which we did at the customers request to how he wanted it.

Our general maps are nothing like what you see above.

We offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Anyone who takes advantage of our current offer will have that peice of mind.

Thanks

Hassan

I totally agree with your comments.

I'm just gutted that I spent a few hundred quid to have a poor remap on my vRS which has led to further problems. The best bit is that Awesome want another £33 + VAT to remove it!!

With regards to your flywheel going, how do you know as I'm a novice at stuff like this? I can say that when I boot mine low down in the rev range, the needle just bounces a few thousand until it finds its feet. I assumed that was a clutch problem. Can you correct me if I'm wrong?

Cheers :thumbup:

Mounty,

If you are having an issue please give us a call, if you ask for my self, We can have a chat and see what can be done.

Thanks

Hassan

A little bit off topic but how come that graph has effectively two peaks?

Its like an overboost, the car cuts back to protect itsels, then allows things to come back in line again for the second peak.

Surely thats not normal?

Or is it - I dont know to be honest as I have very little experiance of diesels.

That graph doesn't really have two peaks, the earlier peak is the torque curve, the later peak is the power curve. It's not the best picture as you can't easily tell the two graphs apart. The torque peaks, then flattens, the power flattens then peaks.

Ah, I see what you mean now. I thought you meant it peaked twice at the same level (which the power graph from Ben's dyno actually did, I have it uploaded somewhere but can't put my hands on it right now).

Got to stick up for awesome here! I got my car remapped earlier this year, Had one little slight problem with the car a couple of months after, spoke to them at a car show, and they crawled under my car to see what the fault could be!

I have the Awesome's own map, not the Revo! The peak does not seem as bad, so it is a nice smooth graph! I know a lot of people who have the Revo maps, and it seems to get slightly more power, but IMO its to much of a peak.

The lads at awesome have been nothing but helpful, I have recommended them to loads of people, who have had nothing but good experiences.

I know from time to time people have bad experiences with loads of companies, but IMO awesome always bend over backwards to help there customers.

Remap is £299 inc VAT. They can fit cruise control and I'm pretty sure the price they gave me when I asked was £200 all inclusive (all parts etc sourced and supplied by them). Give them a call though or at least put a thread in the Shark sponsors forum, you'll get an answer much quicker than waiting for Ben to check Fabia I and happen to come across this thread.

Just an update...

I've received a call from Hassan at Awesome and we've booked my car in a week on Monday (my choice of date) so they can see what issues I've got.

Once I have an update, I'll drop a line onto this thread.

Thanks Hassan for arranging this :thumbup:

No problem Andrew, see you next monday.

Thanks

Got to stick up for awesome here! I got my car remapped earlier this year, Had one little slight problem with the car a couple of months after, spoke to them at a car show, and they crawled under my car to see what the fault could be!

I have the Awesome's own map, not the Revo! The peak does not seem as bad, so it is a nice smooth graph! I know a lot of people who have the Revo maps, and it seems to get slightly more power, but IMO its to much of a peak.

The lads at awesome have been nothing but helpful, I have recommended them to loads of people, who have had nothing but good experiences.

I know from time to time people have bad experiences with loads of companies, but IMO awesome always bend over backwards to help there customers.

Thank you. I am glad you have had a pleasant experience at Awesome!

Shark how much do you charge for a remap and do you fit cruise control? If so how much thanks Jay

Our map for the 1.9TDI Fabia (including VRS) is £299 including VAT, cruise control is £240 including VAT for the Fabia I.