vrs remap

The rolling road is only used as its easier than taking the car out and logging it, infact on road logging is better as its real road conditions.

Both maps will be similar on stage 1 as they are designed for a completely standard car.

Personally I would not be paying the extra £150 or whatever it is for the Shark map when I've seen how good the DNA maps are, but we all form our own opinions :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest liverpoolphil

Also if you have problems they have excellent back up service, and can tweak maps using the rolling road and their extensive technical knowledge

thats the bit that bothers me, its a fair distance to travel with issues

Right il go into my original post abit further

If you want a "Generic" Stage 1 Map then you can pay less for it, Both Shark and MoreBHP can do this for you, car will feel different

If you want a Bespoke Map, Shark can spend a few hours doing it on the RR, yes it will cost you abit more but its worth it.

If you are getting the DPF Delete then i would go to Shark and get them to do a Bespoke RR Map! As i said my Friend Graeme is super happy with his New Shark "Race" DPF Delete map, compared to his old JBS "Wild" DPF Delete Map

Flashing is the terminology used to describe how the "Map" is loaded onto the ECU.

Personally I would not be paying the extra £150 or whatever it is for the Shark map when I've seen how good the DNA maps are.

Id be interested in running a MoreBHP DPF Delete on the RR VS Shark see what the difference is

We recently ran Shark VS JBS and the difference was big

The rolling road is only used as its easier than taking the car out and logging it, infact on road logging is better as its real road conditions.

Not True, By law you can only test that car upto 70mph! So your map is perfectd upto 70mph, You might then take your car on a 1/4mile day for example and then find out that are 77mph your car goes into limp mode because its over boosting

Both RR and Road testing are needed, unless you have access to a very long straight off the public highway

Also if you have problems they have excellent back up service, and can tweak maps using the rolling road and their extensive technical knowledge

thats the bit that bothers me, its a fair distance to travel with issues

Issues are not common, but at least you have the confidence they CAN fix it.

A good stage 1 map should not need to be 'bespoke' or tested on a rolling road [for an otherwise standard car]. Stage 1 maps are generic and tested before they are released [although the amount of testing undertaken varies dramatically from tuner to tuner].

If a stage 1 map needs tweaking then I would suggest that it hasn't been thoroughly tested.

My recommendation is for Revo. Awesome performance, quite expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Not True, By law you can only test that car upto 70mph! So your map is perfectd upto 70mph, You might then take your car on a 1/4mile day for example and then find out that are 77mph your car goes into limp mode because its over boosting

Both RR and Road testing are needed, unless you have access to a very long straight off the public highway

And vice versa my last Octy used to overboost on the RR but not on the road as it was real world conditions. Of course we all know no tuner would ever break the speed limit ;)

What jonno said is true. With Revo you can buy the Sps switch do you can adjust boost,timing and fueling ( on the tfsi atleast) which is good if you know what you're doing but not so good if you don't.

A good stage 1 map should not need to be 'bespoke' or tested on a rolling road [for an otherwise standard car]. Stage 1 maps are generic and tested before they are released [although the amount of testing undertaken varies dramatically from tuner to tuner].

If a stage 1 map needs tweaking then I would suggest that it hasn't been thoroughly tested.

My recommendation is for Revo. Awesome performance, quite expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Obviously not read the thread dude :thumbdown:

This is a thread about the BMN PD170 Engine, REVO will not touch this engine!

I was talking about bespoke Maps for the DPF Delete not stage 1

Didnt know Revo didn't do that engine but then I know nothing about diesels so I'll butt out :D

Yeh Revo gave up on there development of the PD170 because unlike the other 1.9TDI,2.0TDI,1.8T,2.0T cars its not as simple as just mapping it

The newer CR170 Engines are abit simpler

I've read the thread thanks dude. I was making a general point re stage 1 remaps. Didn't know revo didn't do the pd 170 though but then I don't have any interest in diesel.

What jonno said is true. With Revo you can buy the Sps switch do you can adjust boost,timing and fueling ( on the tfsi atleast) which is good if you know what you're doing but not so good if you don't.

Fyi on the tsi you just have 3 performance modes relating to the grade of fuel used, 1 - 95, 2 - 98 & 3 - 100.

What was the difference between the 2 then?

Difference between original JBS "Wild" map (The one they where flashing in 2010) and Shark Race map was 37bhp

Difference between my New JBS "Wild" Map (2011 version) and Shark Race map was 11bhp

So JBS Map was worse on both occasions, The 2011 Map was better though but still a little off

Edited by AndrewJB

Guest liverpoolphil

thanks for the input, combine this with the input in my "DPF light....how often" thread, I think I'm on my way to shark for a complete DPF delete

Difference between original JBS "Wild" map (The one they where flashing in 2010) and Shark Race map was 37bhp

Difference between my New JBS "Wild" Map (2011 version) and Shark Race map was 11bhp

So JBS Map was worse on both occasions, The 2011 Map was better though but still a little off

Andrew what were the max BHP on all three maps? if you could remember?

Kinjamin

The Max bhp on the best Shark map of the day was 221bhp (this was on Shark's rollers) if you then take that car to JBS and get them to run it on there rollers it would produce 260bhp :giggle:

Andrew what were the max BHP on all three maps? if you could remember?

Kinjamin

The Max bhp on the best Shark map of the day was 221bhp (this was on Shark's rollers) if you then take that car to JBS and get them to run it on there rollers it would produce 260bhp :giggle:

So 210 bhp on JBS map compared with 221 bhp on the Shark map?

BTW you still running the JBS map?

Mine made 24007 bhp on JBS rollers then! :giggle:

Kinjamin

So 210 bhp on JBS map compared with 221 bhp on the Shark map?

BTW you still running the JBS map?

Mine made 24007 bhp on JBS rollers then! :giggle:

Kinjamin

3 of the OLD JBS Maps have made 180bhp on sharks rollers

My NEW JBS Map made 206bhp

Ben at Shark said at the time there was no point in my spending the extra money for them to put a few more horses on the car, When i have Garret GTB2260VK turbo and Bosio nozzles i will then get it mapped again hopefully for 260-300bhp on Sharks rollers (300-350BHP ON jbs Rollers :giggle: )

Just to add my 2p.

Had the dpf delete and remap done at Shark and Ben also sorted an unrelated engine management light problem. Can't praise them enough.

I made the journey from Portsmouth and it was well worth the 5am start! :smirk: