vrs remap

Dear All, just to add my 2 pence.

Mine was a PD 170 Seat Altea!

I have had the JBS map on and their v2 map on and it made 203 BHP on Sharks rollers. It was smoking a fair bit as well which was a worry. However, there were fault codes. One was a DPF on which was a little strange as I have had the DPF removed by JBS and mapped. It seems that the DPF was not correctly mapped out?. I wanted to find the difference between the Shark and JBS map but Ben could not load their map onto the ECU as JBS had edited some of the code that told what OS/Version the ECU was.

He attempted to put the car back to stock using the latest map from SEAT but it would not load onto the ECU. I made the decision to get Ben to make a custom map that will load onto the ECU whatever version it was. The JBS one was flashed back onto the car quite easily but another tuners map would not. I dont know of many tuners that will even touch the ECU not knowing if it will lose the connections, but Ben did say if it did then he would simply take the ECU out and bench flash if the JBS map did not go back on.

Will be looking forward to the new map from Shark. I have opted to do this because I did not want the hassle to put the car back to standard if I have to go back to JBS to do so every time. I am glad they did not encrypt their map!

The people at Shark explain everything and customer service is second to none!

Just my experience!

Kinjamin

Edited by kinjamin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic