What colour ???

Hi, really thinking of getting a 1.9TDi, in top spec Prestige with full leather pack, to replace my Octy vRS, been quoted a v-good deal on a cash price, but cant make up my mind on the colour l would like :confused: :confused: So.

1. Can anyony tell me if the car in this pic is NIGHTFIRE or DEEP SEA Blue ?

2. Anyone got an opinion (pref with pic to back it up :thumbup: ) on what is the best colour for the Superb :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers for any help ye can give me with this :thumbup::thumbup:

Dont you mean Elegance trim?.

Thanks Kentish ~ car looks good in that colour :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: As for the spec here in Ireland there are 3 spec levels, Expression, Exclusive and Prestige. It is not unusual for Irish cars to have different names and spec levels to UK models.

Bryan

Personally, i prefer 1 of 3 colour options when they are available. Black exterior with full red leather, red (flat) exterior with full black leather or dark blue / green with full beige leather. Just my preference, but black exterior and full red look lovely !

Personally, i prefer 1 of 3 colour options when they are available. Black exterior with full red leather, red (flat) exterior with full black leather or dark blue / green with full beige leather. Just my preference, but black exterior and full red look lovely !

Don't now if they do it but i'd get YELLOW :thumbup:

If it were me, I'd be split between Flamenco Red Metallic link

or Titan Grey Metallic: link

That said, you can't really go wrong with a metallic black or dark blue on a large saloon either. I presume the Irish colour choices are the same :confused:

And I think I would need the wheels featured in both of those photos too, suit the car really well I think.

Let us know how you get on :thumbup:

Steve

If it were me' date=' I'd be split between Flamenco Red Metallic link

or Titan Grey Metallic: link

Steve

Thanks Steve,

The grey does look good :thumbup: but l wish l could get to see the cars in the flesh somewhere and judge from that, it is really the only way to know just what you would want :( :(

Thanks Steve' date='

The grey does look good :thumbup: but l wish l could get to see the cars in the flesh somewhere and judge from that, it is really the only way to know just what you would want :( :([/quote']

No probs, I take it there's no local dealers with Superbs in stock, or maybe a car supermarket? I've always liked cars in a dark grey and remember seeing a 2.5 TDi Superb at a dealer when I was looking at Furbys. Looked ace :thumbup:

Steve

No probs, I take it there's no local dealers with Superbs in stock, or maybe a car supermarket?

Dont have a local dealer, nearest is 1.5 hrs drive away :( and he had 1 Superb in Silver,

Car supermarket - in Ireland :eek:

Might try find out where the cars are imported to, if they come in2 Cork will go check them out in the compound, but then would be looking at them b4 being cleaned and not get proper idea of the colours :confused: :confused:

I'm with Wardy on the colours, the Flamenco Red Metallic looks brilliant. I wouldn't have expected to like a dark red, but it does look a little bit unusual, therefore a bit exclusive.

For the last two years, Silver has been the biggest selling colour (taking over from Red), but I think its been done to death, there are just too many of them, (I know, I bought one, but secondhand there isn't the same choice).

The most 'in' colour now is dark grey, the 'titan grey metallic' for Skodas, and it does look very classy.

At the risk of offending some people, I'd recommend you avoid the lighter colours, all the gaps round the front of the car are exagerated and it doesn't look as elegant.

Glad you like my choice of red Michael (blimey, this is starting to sound like it's me who's choosing!). It's a underated colour choice I think, and works especially well on bigger saloons - you'll see what I mean if you see a 5-Series or E-Class done in it.

Silver, on the Superb, would be the wrong colour IMO. As you say, it exagerates certain features and doesn't give the lines any definition. It also makes the car look bigger, which you don't really need. I first really noticed this trait on the new Accord. My mate has a silver one and the poor car looks swamped. Then I saw a dark blue one and it looked like a different car.

It's tricky - dark red or dark grey? It would be a really hard choice for me.

And poor bryan can't even see them easily in the flesh. Damn the Irish Skoda network :rolleyes: :thumbdwn:

Steve

Have checked, and Skoda do ship cars into Cork. Been onto a friend who has a friend that works in the compound, and he is going to see if he can get me in :thumbup: . However, there is no way of knowing if there will be ANY Superb's there, and if there is, what colours they might be :( , but at least there is a chance l might get to view a few there :thumbup:

Bryan,

Its worth all the effort, I drove all over the NW looking at Superbs, and the car definitely didn't suit some colours at all. But thats just my opinion, you have to get the right colour for your taste.

When I bought my other car I wanted dark blue, and they offered me 15 different dark blues, at first it looked like a difficult decision, until I realised that they were all equally good, so it became a decision that didn't matter, and became easy.

Mine was Canadian Green, which I think looked really good on the car. I would recommend staying away from the beige interior though- you either spend your whole life cleaning it or it looks really shabby after a bit. I did see a flamenco red one too at the dealership - that really suits it IMHO. Good luck choosing!

Have checked, and Skoda do ship cars into Cork. Been onto a friend who has a friend that works in the compound, and he is going to see if he can get me in :thumbup: . However, there is no way of knowing if there will be ANY Superb's there, and if there is, what colours they might be :( , but at least there is a chance l might get to view a few there :thumbup:

Sounds like you should get a lo-cost flight over to Manchester bryan, and we'll go Superb hunting :cool:

Might well be less hassle :rolleyes:

Steve

Sounds like you should get a lo-cost flight over to Manchester bryan' date=' and we'll go Superb hunting :cool:

Might well be less hassle :rolleyes:

Steve[/quote']

Now there's a thought :rolleyes: . Would l be covered for B&B also :D

I've had my Superb Comfort 1.9-130Tdi two years now. Color choice was really difficult then as there weren't many about! Finally went with Nightfire Blue. Well happy with choice as almost the same as the C-class Merk mid-metallic blue. Didn't go silver as last car was this. Since then I like the Dark Metallic Blue and Gunmetal Metallic. You definitely have to see the car in the color. The color swatch is very misleading! Worst Color is the insipid light mauve/gray/bluish color. can't remember it's name but looks orrid. And BTW, go black interior. The ivory looks like a babies nappy. :rolleyes:

You definitely have to see the car in the color. The color swatch is very misleading! Worst Color is the insipid light mauve/gray/bluish color. can't remember it's name but looks orrid. And BTW, go black interior. The ivory looks like a babies nappy. :rolleyes:

That colour will be Mystery Blue - who on earth would buy a Superb in that colour with Ivory Full leather :thumbup: