Car Keyed!

Arrrgh!!! as if I only found out today that before xmas someone had an issue with me parking infront of their house, while I was visiting next door!

The bitter woman kindly left a note saying F'in T'$$er, why dont you f'in park somewhere else and F off!!!

For a start I have never seen such language, I just though ok...fair enough I'll move, had a quick look around the car, but as it was raining I didn't notice anything....so 5 weeks later, I washed the car yesterday to find a key mark on each door, and my rear passenger window!!! now I knew that note had something else to it, because it was really aggressive!

so I've managed to find something to touch up the key marks, luckily I have filled them in and you can't notice it but I'm waiting in between each rain shower to go and do it!!!

but what am I going to do about the glass!?! at first I thought it was a spiders web, but when I took a closer look it was a scratch, and thats when I noticed the rest...

:thumbdown: :wonder:

I don't understand why people can be so nasty over something so little. it wasn't even a permit only, or a disabled space....I've only had the car for a couple of months!

:(

That's bad luck and truly low of the woman (if it was indeed her).

You could make a claim for the glass to be replaced on your insurance policy, it's usually a fairly reasonable excess and doesn't affect the NCB.

As for the woman, if it can be proven to be her (have you kept the letter) then possibly Criminal Damage charges could be brought. If nothing else you have a good idea of who was responsible unlike the scrote who left a fetching dent in the side of my passenger door whilst parked the other day.

Good luck and may justice prevail!

Leon, really sorry to here of your plight. The truth is that there are some very weird people out there and they are not Skoda drivers... I recently witnessed an elderly lady try and drive a Range Rover through the rear wing of a Mercedes (supermarket car park). She was going to drive off. Having managed to stop her I too was amazed at the foul language and the threat 'I will run you over next time I see you in this car park!' Fortunately the Merc driver turned up and he managed to match the woman for expletives. I left them to it...

Regards your damage-I have not used glass restorers but recall seeing something in Halfrauds that purported to erase minor scratch marks. For the paint work I have used Chips Away (local franchise) to restore scratch damage; not too pricey but felt it was an excellent job done. Have you been in touch with the police? The note and the damage would suggest a visit from the old bill would be in order.

Hope the rest of this New Year brings more cheer.

Don't confront anyone over it. Contact the Police and report it as Criminal damage and let them make any enquiries.

Chances are the sight of a patrol car outside your property will be enough for the toerag that did it.

Sorry to hear about this, amazing what jealousy does nowdays ;)

Thanks for your kind words guys,

Salute - it's crazy how aggressive people get! getting ran over threats, isn't that a verbal warning of murder?! wow she must of had a bad day!! I'm glad it wasnt physical :o

I managed to get a touch up pen from Halfords, and did it myself today, I wasn't clever enough to take a photo before as I was rushing against the rain!

but this is the finished results.

I'm happy that I could correct it. but it was still the point of why?

post-4851-0-31491900-1325766600_thumb.jpg

post-4851-0-31154400-1325766612_thumb.jpg

post-4851-0-75393300-1325766734_thumb.jpg

Don't confront anyone over it. Contact the Police and report it as Criminal damage and let them make any enquiries.

Chances are the sight of a patrol car outside your property will be enough for the toerag that did it.

Sorry to hear about this, amazing what jealousy does nowdays ;)

She's got a dark blue Kia Sportage 03 plate.

It was a shame it wasn't a neighbour of mine or I would of had words myself, but it was my friends neighbour. Yeah, I've still got the note.

I'll just be super careful where I park next time, I already park the furthest I can in any supermarket as I don't trust anyone. especially with the winds, kids, trolleys...I wonder how people manage to relax unless they have a banger that they dont worry about!!

She's got a dark blue Kia Sportage 03 plate.

It was a shame it wasn't a neighbour of mine or I would of had words myself, but it was my friends neighbour. Yeah, I've still got the note.

I'll just be super careful where I park next time, I already park the furthest I can in any supermarket as I don't trust anyone. especially with the winds, kids, trolleys...I wonder how people manage to relax unless they have a banger that they dont worry about!!

Go to the police.

After a similar incident on my car recently I'm seriously considering one of those camera thingies that records the last 400 hours. They're cheaper than my excess. And I would sooooo love to bring the animal to justice who took my wing out while I was in the restaurant.

Go to the police.

After a similar incident on my car recently I'm seriously considering one of those camera thingies that records the last 400 hours. They're cheaper than my excess. And I would sooooo love to bring the animal to justice who took my wing out while I was in the restaurant.

A camera in your car? I've never heard of mobile cctv!?

A camera in your car? I've never heard of mobile cctv!?

it's widely available on the internet. It's also available with a camera front & rear. Takes an SD card or the equivalent and I think they're a good idea.

it's widely available on the internet. It's also available with a camera front & rear. Takes an SD card or the equivalent and I think they're a good idea.

wow, I'm guessing it could be secretly integrated into the rear view mirror and other places? :thumbup:

Get some paint stripper and chuck it over the Kia !emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

someone else said tomato ketchup because of the acids if you leave it long enough? haha....! at least I've fixed the damage apart from the glass :dull:

someone else said tomato ketchup because of the acids if you leave it long enough? haha....! at least I've fixed the damage apart from the glass :dull:

Egg... It doesn't wash off very easily!

Some people are very selfish. Was the space specifically marked for her use?

isnt brake fluid rather nasty to paintwork?

tbh i doubt the police will be able to do anything unless they can prove she wrote the note, as its nasty and aggressive it could be used but its a long shot

id do 1 of 2 things, 1 goto the police and see what happens and then do nothing else otherwise your suspect number 1 or 2, knock on her door and ask her straight out. facial expressions should be enough to decide if shes guilty and then only you can decide the next move

underhanded stuff like this just shows how low some tw@'s will go, if anyone doesnt like me then tell me, not damage anything as thats just chickens work imho

Egg... It doesn't wash off very easily!

Some people are very selfish. Was the space specifically marked for her use?

no which was why I was baffled!

it was just your usual road with houses on it, and space to park cars, no allocated spaces, or disabled spots, or double yellows...

no which was why I was baffled!

it was just your usual road with houses on it, and space to park cars, no allocated spaces, or disabled spots, or double yellows...

What a boot - you're as entitled to park there as much as the next Road Fund Licence payer! If everyone started acting like her it would be carnage - she obviously has issues!

The police would not do anything as the damage was not witnessed, they would never be able to prove it in court and i don't think it would ever get as far as that, i don't see why people do things like paint stripper its so easy to spot, i did have a friend who had expanding foam put up his exhaust, not very easy to spot until you start the engine.