Has you're car got a name?

Jane_i10

Samantha, because she told me that was her name. (dark green, registration starts "SG").

I used to have a R19 called "the shed", because it was, and a Xantia called Spock because of having a circulatory system with dark green fluid flowing round it.

No i couldt disagree more!

Cars have personalities, and mood swings (breaking down) and good moods (when it puts a smile on your face)

I remember my Golf used to get moody, i used to drive up a steep hill everyday from work, some days it wouldt want to go anywhere and just potter up slowly (nothing wrong with it!) other days it would fly up like it had a rocket up its arse haha ok maybe i am just sounding crazy but i do get attached to my cars

Yeah I do agree, Beryl definitely has mood swings. Cyril is so called because he'd Beryls brother, when I looked at his V5 I found that he'd been sold by the same garage as Beryl 63 days after she was. Being off my trolley I rang the garage & asked if they would've been on the premises at the same time. 'Seems likely that they would' was his reply. So...... seperated from Birth & living in different parts of the country to be reunited on my piece of mud that I call a driveway. Fate I tell you! Fate! :drunk::drunk::o I'm not mad I'm not mad I'm not mad ......... :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

No i couldt disagree more!

Cars have personalities, and mood swings (breaking down) and good moods (when it puts a smile on your face)

I remember my Golf used to get moody, i used to drive up a steep hill everyday from work, some days it wouldt want to go anywhere and just potter up slowly (nothing wrong with it!) other days it would fly up like it had a rocket up its arse haha ok maybe i am just sounding crazy but i do get attached to my cars

It's the subtle pat on the steering wheel once you've done your journey saying good boy or girl to your car!!!

because it's done you proud! :D haha... adds a little more fun to life I guess, car's are metal objects yes, but I like to think they get moody, happy, etc

or if you havent seen your car for a while you say hello to it! :)

it's like after a washing the car I like to think the car is happier that's why it drives smoother - phycological I know lol.. :p

It's the subtle pat on the steering wheel once you've done your journey saying good boy or girl to your car!!!

because it's done you proud! :D haha... adds a little more fun to life I guess, car's are metal objects yes, but I like to think they get moody, happy, etc

or if you havent seen your car for a while you say hello to it! :)

it's like after a washing the car I like to think the car is happier that's why it drives smoother - phycological I know lol.. :p

Yes, yes and yes! :rofl:

Or if im leaving it in a different place to normal ill reassure her she will be ok haha

I usually name a car based on its number plate

A bmw 325 i had was L996RYG so was Larry G however my new Octy has a plate that means nothing!! Been thinking about a name based on Octy(pus) or soemthing but i feel if you force a name it doesnt work. I was thinking Vera for the VRs bit!

Was gonna call it Labia, just the one letter change, but something diferent all together... I wont say why!

Edited by mrgf

I usually name a car based on its number plate

A bmw 325 i had was L996RYG so was Larry G however my new Octy has a plate that means nothing!! Been thinking about a name based on Octy(pus) or soemthing but i feel if you force a name it doesnt work. I was thinking Vera for the VRs bit!

:p how about Ollie the Octavia?!

Mine was christened the mongrel some time ago by this forum due to it being made up of many parts of different cars

original fabia TDI chassis

fabia vRS running gear

VW golf GTI front seats

Seat Ibiza gearbox & driveshafts

Seat LCR splitter

bound to be more :D

That reminds me far too much of ollie murs who i despise haha but thanks!!

He's on the telly currently, never have I felt so much hate for someone so instantly except maybe Justin Beiber and 'Dr Dre' and a couple of other such rappers!

I haven't named my cars in the past but my current Octavia has been christened Elsie - which comes from the reg number which is LC60***. We call our Fabia vRS 'the Fabia'.