Has you're car got a name?

Jane_i10

I haven't named my cars in the past but my current Octavia has been christened Elsie - which comes from the reg number which is LC60***. We call our Fabia vRS 'the Fabia'.

my number plate is NL so maybe nelly? haha

I've never really named any of my cars before, but I have to admit to patting the steering wheel and thinking,"Thanks pal!" when we get where we're going. OK, that's almost a whole week I've been driving my Octy, she needs a name, I think it needs to be a Czech girl's name though :wonder:

• 9 months later...

I called my mates fabia vrs Sooty as it had a cheap map

Mine gets called sue or sweep in response

I got caught talking to mine after a track day patting on the roof saying "you did crap, but you gave 100% thats all i can ask of you"

• Like 1

My cars have never had names but most of them have had personalities. Still finding what it is with the vRS

What vRS means or how vRS can be changed into a name?

I know have two cars so iv made them rhyme, Uggle; Octavia as the number plate ends in UG and since the Peugeot number plate says nothing ive named her Puggle :)

I called my mates fabia vrs Sooty as it had a cheap map

Mine gets called sue or sweep in response

I got caught talking to mine after a track day patting on the roof saying "you did crap, but you gave 100% thats all i can ask of you"

A cheap map does not strictly mean a smokey map, mine has had two maps from two different places, first one was cheap and nasty, did not smoke and the second one was from Shark and it smokes like its broken but its pulls like a train..it disappears into a cloud of its own smog!

What vRS means or how vRS can be changed into a name?

I know have two cars so iv made them rhyme, Uggle; Octavia as the number plate ends in UG and since the Peugeot number plate says nothing ive named her Puggle :)

No the personality of the car itself. Some days it's happy to plod along in auto then others it's almost eggs you on to drive flat out.

My Fabia was called "The black flash" after a jamaican carpenter

called Steve who was well known for his laid back work output on the job.

The MX5 was called Annabelle (By my mother in law) I called it 'The Crab'

as when I was driving it it was often travelling sideways.

I called the SDI "The tractor" but my wife didn't like me saying that so I said

it all the more. But it sounded like one.

My wifes yellow 500 is called 'Daisy' and has cut vinyl daisies stuck on the dashboard.

The Audi doesn't have a name yet but I suspect it may end up being called 'How much?'

Might I suggest Adolf the Audi :think:

I wish you hadn't suggested that.

I really like it for some reason, perhaps because I vote

conservative??? :p

Now... I've seen eyelashes for cars

but where can I get one of those cute little moustaches??

• Like 1

A cheap map does not strictly mean a smokey map, mine has had two maps from two different places, first one was cheap and nasty, did not smoke and the second one was from Shark and it smokes like its broken but its pulls like a train..it disappears into a cloud of its own smog!

the guy forgot to adjust the values in the de-smokyfy section of the map we returned the car the following week and he tuned the smoke out

Is your exhaust on the front ? :giggle:

I've not named my Fabia, but my Ax was called Winnieh as it had WNH in the number plate.

I had a conversation with my technology teacher about how cars are a form of artificial life. They have a brain, a beating heart and require air, water and fuel. Just as we do.

He disagreed though and thought I was mental lol

Previous mk2 Fabia was christened the slob ninja as that's what it was being a 60bhp 1.2.

Oh and also it's plate was SL*8 NNJ, conveniently.

Current vRS is being called 'ham' the now, as 'a ham' is all that's left of the chathams window sticker.

I've not named my Fabia, but my Ax was called Winnieh as it had WNH in the number plate.

I had a conversation with my technology teacher about how cars are a form of artificial life. They have a brain, a beating heart and require air, water and fuel. Just as we do.

He disagreed though and thought I was mental lol

That's an interesting concept, and could explain why we identify with them so much!

Octavia was Octimus Prime, but soon became Tank.

BMW is Claudia Silverline... classy lady, classy name!

• Like 1

Cars having names - silly idea, though we have been know to give names to some of the used car stock at work. There was the Octavia in Cayenne Orange which had two names - Ginger or Daisy (the registration started DA51), then there was Christine the red Felicia 1.6 estate that mysteriously rolled off the front, out into the road and got its front end demolished.

I haven't named my car myself, but it has been referred to as the Scrap Heap by some forum members.