Lsd For Octavia?

redbaron

The gearbox type is listed on the vehicle data sticker, eg the gearbox code/description for my 4X4 is a FEX.

You can find a link to Quaife products here.

Yes Quaife do 1 for the Octavia, 1 of the guys there has one fitted to his RS. They won't actually fit it for you, you take it to a garage down the road who rip out, sorry remove, your gearbox, deliver it the 1/4 mile to Quaife who then weld in your new diff and send it back for the other guys to fit.

Ever though of Racelogic? Same sort of price (

Customer:- I am thinking of fitting an LSD, will Traction control still be of benefit, and will it stop the LSD from working ?

Answer:- Our system is designed to allow a small amount of wheelspin because that is the fastest way to accelerate. The same is true for ABS, it allows a small amount of wheel slip to get the most braking force. Therefore it works after the LSD has come into play, and not before. The Traction Control system will not increase mechanical grip, only LSD's and tyres will do this. What it does it to maximise the grip you already have. Therefore the ideal combination would be an LSD and Traction Control, because once both wheels are spinning, the LSD is of no further use, and the Traction Control comes into play. In acceleration times, an LSD will give about the same improvement as Traction Control, but will make the car more 'nervous' as when both wheels spin, the loss in grip is double that of when one tyre loses grip.

Traction Control

Tavia,

How we integrate the traction control system from Recelogic to our cars?

What will happen to ASR? It is supposed that ASR works similar to Traction control with the difference that ASR is tuned for safety and not racing acceleration.

An LSD installation has many advantages because is working mechanically.

Does any of you guys has experience for variable LSD's (where you can adjust the diff engagement).

I think Quaife ATB is an 20-60% LSD?

Any ideas on cornering (with or without ASR), etc?

Finally i think it's a great mod but expensive one :(

My mate had the RaceLogic traction control fitted to his RX7 - i think the only requirements it has are that you have ABS. I dont think he ever lost the rear end - even when trying to!

His starts were well impressive also. :)

I dont think he ever lost the rear end - even when trying to!

...where's the fun in this?

People replace their open diffs with lsd's to make sure once you lose the rear end, you got something to get it back (and flip the other way ;)).

Still such a TC would make driving a car a lot easier, but it'd definitely be not fun. ;(

Our ASR system is the same type as the racelogic, only programmed for different goals.

And the EDL is like an LSD at low speeds.

For those how does not want either the ABS module can be recoded by vag-com to be

ABS only.

I have a peloquin on mine. The gearbox is the same as the VW gearboxes. I'm having mine fitted this week. BTW, there aren't too many good reasons to get one other than putting 300hp to the tires. The open stock diff can explode with this type of power, especially if the car is launched and it bounces. Mines there just for safety. It's expensive and almost equally expensive to install.

Speedy G

Originally posted by Speedy G in this post

I have a peloquin on mine. The gearbox is the same as the VW gearboxes. I'm having mine fitted this week. BTW, there aren't too many good reasons to get one other than putting 300hp to the tires. The open stock diff can explode with this type of power, especially if the car is launched and it bounces. Mines there just for safety. It's expensive and almost equally expensive to install.

Speedy G

Speedy

How does the Peloquin differ from the quaife.

Des