Wishbone Bush Shot!

Mr OCD

All done... Only went with the PF console bushes as everything else was in good order so won't have any issues.

Took me 4hrs in total which isn't too bad considering ... Car definitely feels much better.

The OSF console bush was absolutely shot... The wishbone had actually seperated from the bush. NSF console bush was actually fine but obviously replaced anyway.

Odd how it passed MOT last month!

4 hours? I'd get sacked lol

About 45 mins for the pair normally, but I suppose ramps and special tools help ;)

I've got the Powerflex front wishbone bush and arb bushes, but as they were all fitted at the same time I can't say if one on its own makes a difference. Mine have been fitted for three years or so, still in perfectly good order. Trick with the wishbone bushes is to make sure you tighten the wishbone bolt up with the wishbone in the laden position, always works for me.

Yeah Awesome quoted me around 4 hours labour too. Quick question - did you notice a difference between the wishbones? IE can they be used for either side? Also how easy did you find it using the PF bushes?

We charge 2.2 hours which I believe is book, but wheel alignment is extra to that which is sublet out.

So 4 hours is probably a fair time if they are doing everything and at a cheaper labour rate worthwhile.

I just do so many I've got quick at them, but at the end of the day it's how I make my money, being quick at stuff.

And anyone wanting to be even quicker. Ive got 2 consoles with new bushes pressed in sat in my garage! Just unbolt the old ones and bolt the new ones in!

When at Unit18 I used to do much the same, just remember the n/s one has to be from a vRS if your fitting to one, all o/s ones are the same.