Insurance

Got insurance renewal through today and can only say Im well chuffed, its actually lower than last year only 191 for the year albeit with a 250 excess but still esure seem to be the cheapest.

Right thats it how old are you all this is no longer funny :S €1380 with 9 years protected no claims and nil points ever nothing against my name. :'(

I'm 38 with 9 years protected no claims,think the most I paid for car insurance was £750 on my 2002 vrs but at the time I was in my late 20's.Think some ringing around is due,to try to play some of these insurance companies off against each other. ;-)

last VRS was £330 for last 3 renewals then new Octavia they wanted £750 odd cheapest I could find (bless me I try everywhere) :dull: Not looking forward to moving back to UK to see what they come up with next time on their magic quotes system!

last VRS was £330 for last 3 renewals then new Octavia they wanted £750 odd cheapest I could find (bless me I try everywhere) :dull: Not looking forward to moving back to UK to see what they come up with next time on their magic quotes system!

Are you single? If you have gf get her on it as it makes hell of a difference as you seen as a lower risk.

Are you single? If you have gf get her on it as it makes hell of a difference as you seen as a lower risk.

I thought that sexist insurance thing was stopped earlier this year with some EU ruling? I have driving qualifications coming out my ears but a diesel Octavia ....... so stupid they want so much :wonder:

This is the old,you are deemed more responsible if you in a relationship LOL. Had this myself 1 year when I put the girlfriend on the policy, group 16 mk1 vrs octavia and swmbo on a provisional license, the premium reduced by £200, she only drove it once.

Just insured my 2009 vrs tsi estate and Privilage was the cheapest at £452. I'm 30 and the missus is 26. Not over the moon shall we say but considering the big hike in prices it was £120 cheaper than anyone else and when the missus insures end of the month il save a 1/3 on hers with the joint car policy so not so bad. Service has been excellent so far aswell