Fabia vRS Fuel Filter

wilsonian

Few questions about the fuel system on the vRS and unfortunately I don't have the Haynes manual to hand.

Firstly at what mileage do you normally change them and secondly which is the better unit?

I've been on Euro Car Parts and they have two for sale but at almost double the price.

Guttmann Fuel Filter £13.14 or the Bosch Fuel Filter £25.14. Is the Bosch one really that better or is it classed as OEM?

Think I paid around £25-30 for a proper/'official' VW one. . . It had another name on the canister, but I can't remember whose now though.

Made a big difference to the car, freed up a lot more power. (Not sure how old it was, but the car is on 130k. And it does have a running issue, so not sure what impact it would have on a newer car. Can't hurt though!)

Edited by TriggerFish

Do you have to prime the unit with fuel before installing it?

You could fill it with clean diesel first, Or just fit it and turn the ignition on and off a few times to prime it!

Change all my (4) filters every year.

Cost £30.70 all-in from E-Bay sellers, in 2011.

The taller fuel filter I fit, needs inner plastic retainer pushed to bottom of outer metal casing, to allow

top of fuel filter clear the bonnet when closed.