Stopping creaky Cupra console bushes?

I had Cupra console bushes fitted at Awesome GTI last summer and have had creaking issues ever since.

I'm convinced it's the console bushes, as a spray with silicone lube stops it for a few weeks until back again it comes. Anti rollbar bushes are the next suspects but drop arm links are new and the heavy duty Meyle type.

The noise sounds exactly like rubber rubbing against metal which is exactly what happens in teh solid Cupra bush as the lower suspension arm rotates as the suspension moves. It's so bad you can hear it when doing a bounce test on both front corners.

Now, there's a lot of common sense and good ideas floating around on this forum (honestly there really is!), so I want your opinins on this idea.

The console is a pretty chunky piece of alloy. The Cupra bushes have an alloy outter rather than plastic like the Skoda bushes. I think the hexagon hole has a metal bush moulded into it (I know the uprated Skoda bushes have as I has a set ready to fit just in case).

I could drill a small hole (3-4mm) right through the console, through the alloy outter of the bush and right through to the shaft that runs through the bush. This hole could then be drilled out and tapped at the outer diameter of the console and a grease nipple fitted. A grease gun could then be used to pump grease right through the hole in the bush to the shaft until it leaks out both sides of the bush. Instant quiet bush that can be re-greased once a year when fitting my winter wheels/tyres.

Do you think this idea is a goer or a complete cop-out? Feel free to add replies claiming I am insane or other comic insults.

I haven't seen this issue on my mothers car which has cupra bushes fitted however have you thought about changing the bushes on your anti-roll bar? I know this can cause a some creaking.

I also have cupra console bushes, fitted late last year, and have been creaking for the last month or so. At least i think its the cupra bushes creaking. Any news on weather or not greasing them up again sorted the problem?

I have Skoda upgraded bushes and they squeak in winter.... reckon it's salt inbetween the bush and console? I lube mine and it goes away for a week or so but when the gritting stops it goes away completely....