Clap's Fabia vRS

JackClap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally have a few interesting things to update this with!

Got hold of a full set of Superpro bushes thanks to recent group buy by W8. The bushes have completely transformed the car. It feels much more planted on the road and in corners, and handling overall feels better.

Then afterwards I had the tracking done incase the bushes had thrown anything out.

8541493289_b4c8c423db_b.jpg

I then paid a visit to Clive at Cntuning, a top guy and definitely new his stuff!

I had Shark stage 1 put on and the car is phenomenal. It pulls really well across the whole range and the car feels much more eager to accelerate.

8542591718_2e1607860c_b.jpg

Then went along to the recent JKM rolling road day, was a good day out and nice to see some other fabias.

Really pleased with the results, better than I was expecting especially as the JKM rollers are known as heartbreakers.

8541496417_36bb948e31_b.jpg

8522860228_61aa4abb33_b.jpg

Pleased with the peak figures as well as the smooth curves.

No other mods planned for a while, planning on upgrading the clutch and flywheel and fitting an FMIC come summer time. So enjoying driving it for now!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Decided to replace the catch can as I wasnt very impressed with the one I had off ebay.

Managed to find a different style catch can which is much easy to empty and looks a bit tidier is the engine bay.

8830497228_e739e76ca8_b.jpg

8830493144_69814799c7_b.jpg

• Like 1

Decided to replace the catch can as I wasnt very impressed with the one I had off ebay.

Managed to find a different style catch can which is much easy to empty and looks a bit tidier is the engine bay.

8830497228_e739e76ca8_b.jpg

8830493144_69814799c7_b.jpg

I apologise for my ignorance Jack.. but what does a catch can ACTUALLY do? :)

I apologise for my ignorance Jack.. but what does a catch can ACTUALLY do? :)

It stops all the oil vapor being recirculated which eventually results in gunk through the egr and intercooler etc. Basically just keeps things running cleaner :)

I did have my doubts whether it would make much difference, but after I emptied it for the first time I was surprised how much oil it had actually collected

• Like 1

It stops all the oil vapor being recirculated which eventually results in gunk through the egr and intercooler etc. Basically just keeps things running cleaner :)

I did have my doubts whether it would make much difference, but after I emptied it for the first time I was surprised how much oil it had actually collected

Ahh right okay.. That makes sense :)

you coming to the portsdown hill meet today?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few new things to update.

Fitted new front tyres, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2. They have been getting rave reviews so gave them a try, they definitely live up to the reviews.

Although they are rather soft so I doubt they will have a very long life.

Also had the air con regassed. Such a nice luxury to have in this heat.

A mod I have been planning to do for a while, FMIC. After a lot of thought I eventually decided going for the THS Seatsport style and the darkside hardpipe kit. 

I have to say I did under estimate how much cutting was needed to get it to fit. I found it a complete pig to fit.

Eventually after many hours of frustration I got it all fitted.

9234517142_3b6738784f_b.jpg

9231743197_dc8d6225b8_b.jpg

9231751545_2fd73365ff_b.jpg

I have only been for a quick sprited drive, It definitely helps when really giving it a push, Just keeps pulling and pulling. 

I do seem to have a small leak somewhere, but I'll look for that another day.

• Like 1

Looks awesome buddy! Thats my next step too.. but probably won't go for this due to the amount of cutting.. 

Also.. I love the red piping :)

Thinking of changing mine to green..

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely update, saw the pic on IG.

Should be fitting my forge FMIC soon, when it arrives.

In hindsight the Forge looks far more appealing now, far easier to fit and probably performs just as good. You planning on going for a bigger turbo eventually?

Looks awesome buddy! Thats my next step too.. but probably won't go for this due to the amount of cutting.. 

Also.. I love the red piping :)

Thinking of changing mine to green..

Thanks man, Hows the car since you've had the coilovers and bushings fitted?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...