Garage work bench

wilsonian

Hello,

I've recently moved house and now have my own garage. Ideally I'd like to get a work bench and were wondering if anyone had some suggestions. The Bench can't be more than 5ft by 3ft due to the limited room.

As long as your not looking to sit engines on it I can recommend this one as I have it my garage.

I replaced the 8mm MDF top with two sheets of 25mm MDF and then covered them in a sheet of stainless steel which also goes up the back.

I fixed it to the wall and attached my vice to it. It also matches all of my red shelves too.

Can't go wrong for £70.00...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7000704/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/2%7C14418702%7CDIY+tools%2C+ladders+and+workbenches%7C14418713/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418713%7CWorkbenches%7C14418720.htm

Made mine out of 4x2 off cuts and an off cut from an 8ft square door blank.

Covered it in Heavy duty floor vinyl (not lino...) and lipped the edges with door lipping

to tidy it up.

Total cost to me £0.00p and it's strong enough to have 3 grown men sat on it.

I have had a look at those but I have an old kitchen cupboard I want to place over the unit so the Argos setup wont work. I was thinking of either this (while replacing the boards) or spend a bit more cash and get this

from personal experience i would say dont bother with either of those options above.. what i would do is build a proper timber frame from 2x4 that is either hard bolted to the floor and/or wall using rawlbolts fittings. if you bolt a vice to one of those worktop benches above or need to use any kind of heavy hammer on anything they will bounce around all over the place and drive you mental