This makes me laugh

My_Yeti

http://www.pistonhea...p?storyId=25466

Best bits:

"I don't feel like a fashion victim"

"I bought the Evoque because it is capable of doing everything I need it to do with a certain degree of style and a great degree of comfort and practicality (for me)"

If those are applied to the Kia Sportage then it would make sense, but not an Evoque!

I should also add that I like Land Rovers - especially practical ones like the 90, or the original Range Rover, but not this as much (I like it, but you cannot deny it is a fashion item).

Edited by My_Yeti

A Yeti or an Evoque ?

Come on guys, hasn't this stupid comparison been done before ?

Stop dreaming about the Yeti looking good, because it clearly doesn't. At least the name is spot on.

Look at the profile. It was penned by a 4 year old. Let's remind ourselves again.

An Evoque specced Yeti is nearly as much and you have to wait longer for one.

• Like 2

Jonny boy,

I agree that comparing the Yeti to the Evoque is not a true comparison, but as has been proved on here in the past a fully spec'ed Evoque is a lot more money than a fully spec'ed Yeti. However, as before, you won't believe it. Plus my local LR dealer says that there is at least a 3 month wait for one, which is longer than some Yeti's.

And as for looks, just remember that beauty lies in the eys of the beholder. I don't particularly like the Fabia, as I think the thre-quarter profile is wrong and the rear is to heavy, but I'm sure you think it is fine. I also don't like the design of Evoque that much, especially having sat in the back of one. I found it claustrophobic.

The Evoque makes any Skoda look dull.

It's just this topic by a Yeti driver smacks of sneering.

My Sister has an Evoque. I've driven it many times. It is incredibly stylish, incredibly comfy, fantastically equipped and superb off road.

I feel the guys having a pop at the Evoque look at them and see Posh & Becks and automatically see the oppisite of what the Evoque is.

It's a triumph of style & engineering in my eyes.

The Yeti ticks every box in my eyes besides looks, same as most Skodas.

• Like 1

I gave my wife a choice of a Yeti or an Evoque and she wanted another Yeti.

But having said that, this is not a thread to compare the two, that's an assumption that has been jumped to by Jonny Boy.

As a long term Land Rover/Range Rover fan I had high hopes for the Evoque. And it is a good car.

It's taken the Range Rover brand to a whole new group of custmers that can now say they drive a "Range Rover", which means it'll be a big success in todays image and branding driven world.

But I have to say that I am not a fan of the styling. Maybe it's a personal thing, but the rear end particularly is just odd.

"I'm unlikely to take it touring in Europe, to Le Mans for the 24hrs or the Classic or to the Scottish Highlands on a driving holiday..." Not a very encouraging comment for such a car.

"I'm unlikely to take it touring in Europe, to Le Mans for the 24hrs or the Classic or to the Scottish Highlands on a driving holiday..." Not a very encouraging comment for such a car.

Mods, please axe this thread. It's humiliating for most Skoda owners. (The ones who don't have a white stick and a Labrador) :yawn:

• Like 1