FUBAR

Well, he told me about how he spent last week in Lithuania funnily enough and recover an 899 seems to be quite good

That's really impressive at chasing across borders! Absolute nightmare of a thing to set up I'm sure for them!

Website says £299 but don't know if they do a self install

I couldn't find out what it was to buy/install, the only £299 I could see was for the 3 year subscription? Do I need to go to specsavers?????

I couldn't find out what it was to buy/install, the only £299 I could see was for the 3 year subscription? Do I need to go to specsavers?????

Maybe I miss read it I'll check again later

The 3 year sub is £229

It definitely says bike track £299 inc vat and charges £5.95 for postage so unless the initial 3 year including the tracker is £299 and then £299 every three years????

Oil change and filter on my son's kwakker. The sun is shining and been out for a little spin on the Honda.

I was busy busy today stuck in my non air conditioned car :( Got out yesterday though, was a nice day, but nothing on today! :( And it was a generally crap ride yesterday on awesomely twisty roads, but behind traffic I couldn't safely or anywhere near legally pass  :thumbdown: Tomorrow is meant to be good too, but I have been told I am going to some family thing right bang in the middle of the day  :yawn:  Badly need a new battery on the bike though, and to change the indicator relay, it's blinking erratically at lower rpm's. Luckily I have a spare :D  

Whilst I am not doubting the efficiency of the tracker and it would appear to be very good if my bike gets nicked and thrashed by some very nice people I don't want it back.  I would rather just have the money please Mr Insurance man.

I too have seen a bit of this in the past and the mess they are found in and it would not be my pride and joy any more.  I understand the reasons behind trackers and the reduction in Insurance premium if you have one but it isn't for me. Just my opinion though and I certainly would not deter anyone from having one fitted.

Regards Chris

Whilst I am not doubting the efficiency of the tracker and it would appear to be very good if my bike gets nicked and thrashed by some very nice people I don't want it back.  I would rather just have the money please Mr Insurance man.

I too have seen a bit of this in the past and the mess they are found in and it would not be my pride and joy any more.  I understand the reasons behind trackers and the reduction in Insurance premium if you have one but it isn't for me. Just my opinion though and I certainly would not deter anyone from having one fitted.

Regards Chris

I would feel the same tbh and would get rid of bike after repaired most likely. But I would rather see the person who did it hopefully behind bars. That said, I don't even have an alarm, nor did I on the Z1000SX when I got it new lol. I love that fact with the current bike as it's the same key and ignition barrel as my first bike (ZZR600) which all I needed to do to get a spare key cut was pay £1.50 delivered for a blank one on ebay and then 50p for some bloke in a shopping centre kiosk to cut it for me! The same week I had bent over for BMW to make me a spare and code it etc :o Was such a difference having no tec behind it! 

It definitely says bike track £299 inc vat and charges £5.95 for postage so unless the initial 3 year including the tracker is £299 and then £299 every three years????

I dont even know if I'm on the right site now :D Bike Trac I'm on? 

It says under the about section; 

Bike Trac has 3 subscription options;

1 Year £99.99

2 Years £179.99

3 Years £229.99

Maybe the £299 is for the box plus 1, 2 or 3 years of subscription? and/or fitting? 

1 Year £99.99

2 Years £179.99

3 Years £229.99

Maybe the £299 is for the box plus 1, 2 or 3 years of subscription? and/or fitting?

Yeah I need to call him lol it's not that clear! Your def on the correct site!

I wouldn't want my bike "back" either but I'd sure as hell not what the little scrotes to have it! Add that to an insurance premium reduction and that's why

• Like 1

I was busy busy today stuck in my non air conditioned car :( Got out yesterday though, was a nice day, but nothing on today! :( And it was a generally crap ride yesterday on awesomely twisty roads, but behind traffic I couldn't safely or anywhere near legally pass  :thumbdown: Tomorrow is meant to be good too, but I have been told I am going to some family thing right bang in the middle of the day  :yawn:  Badly need a new battery on the bike though, and to change the indicator relay, it's blinking erratically at lower rpm's. Luckily I have a spare :D

It can be frustrating sometimes when stuck behind traffic. The sensible rider gene in conflict with the reckless gene. On a bike there can only be one winner though.

Enjoy the sun!

• Like 1

Yeah I need to call him lol it's not that clear! Your def on the correct site!

I wouldn't want my bike "back" either but I'd sure as hell not what the little scrotes to have it! Add that to an insurance premium reduction and that's why

Yeah same here I think, I guess it depends how far they get with it and the state of it, if they only have it a short period and not damage it I'd be happy to take it back. Even if it just results in catching the thieving ****s it'll have been worth the money. Plus, the thing that the Bike Trac one first drew me to it was the other bits you can do with it, tracking a ride etc (if you want to) could be handy if you go for one of those random rides and find a nice bit of road. 

Anyone seen Garry recently on here? Seems to have gone quiet :(

I was thinking that, he's not been on here for over a month! He has been on BCF though (yesterday), has someone ****ed him off on here?  :S

Anyone seen Garry recently on here? Seems to have gone quiet :(

I pm'd him nearly 2 weeks ago to see if he was about and no reply :(

Bike Trac is brilliant, (got it on my Panigale).  If you have any doubt, follow them on Facebook and see how many they recover, and recover quickly (within an hour a lot of the time). 

I love the peace of mind it gives me, and I also like the fact I can give the logon details to my wife, and she can see where I am if I am on my travels.  There is also a 'bike down' alert (which you can switch off), but I'm less sure about that.

From memory, the cost of the unit was £299, then you need a subscription, so I paid £299 + 3 years subs at £229.  Not cheap, but I love the peace of mind.  After 3 years, you will then need to renew (I honestly dont think I will own the bike past 3 years).  If you cant fit it yourself, you also need to factor in fitting (I got the dealer to fit it before I picked my bike up new).

RBW.

See this Facebook link, also read the comments : https://www.facebook.com/BikeTrac/posts/905722472783059

1 Year £99.99

2 Years £179.99

3 Years £229.99

Edited by rainbow-walker
  • Like 1

Bit of a pain today, I concluded on Sat that I do need a new battery with multimeter testing on the current one under different conditions.... Too late to get one sat eve and nowhere open yesterday or today. I am in a position where, I am bingo on fuel and if I stop to get some, I may not be fit to get her to fire up again (a 30 min rest seems to help the battery summon up the courage it needs though). What to do???? Was laughing the last few rides at the thought in town especially that if I were to stall it, it would be bloody embarrassing! Luckily, I don't tend to do that though, but 'what if'!!!  

Well I got petrol in a can and filled her up more or less and am now having a rest stop at that viewpoint I posted before ahhhhhhhh place is rammed so when I go to start it, it could be embarrassing hahaha

Bike has been much enjoyed today ahhhhh

30 min after posting that, I had an incident with a vehicle approaching a T-junction on left and not appearing to intending to stop I hate ***** who speed up and slam on last minute to a junction, but this was not looking like he was even going to do or manage that), rolling straight over the line...... Note to self 'this bike DOESN'T have ABS! Front wheel lock up job :o  :peek: (braked heavily immediately and road surface changed from an older to a newer surface, at that point front wheel locked up on the change....) Was a massive millisecond thing, looking back at video it's so quick, you'd hardly notice it. But you can hear the front wheel screech bars locked right then left, back wheel hopped as a result of total loss of stability and I was out of the seat until bike came up to meet me.... Should have gone down big time.  

Great to get out on the bike today.

Oiled the chain, agve it a wipe down.

Fantastic to let it rev and get back to the 0-60 in sub 4 seconds.

Only wish by knees had grease points and wish I had keep my wrists strong as you can certainly tell when you have not riden for a while.

• Like 1