FUBAR

Hummmmm, how'd these throw over bags fit then?

SV had a removable pillion seat.

One strap under it, then clip the seat on and 2 straps over it.

Then the front of the panniers tied to the pillion foot pegs

Then one bungee round the back to pull both the backs of the panniers in.

Thats what i did anyway. Held very well tbh

• Like 1

Just done some reading, seems throw overs dont get on with the R&G tail tidy, hits the indicators. General opinions seems to be a Kriega tail pack would be good. 20 litres, must be able to get a reasonable amount in that?

Mine didnt interfere with the big sticking out indicators on the SV, n a tail tidy should make it more compact?

20 litres isnt that much.

The panniers in the pics above are 35 litres each. So 70 altogether.

N even they arent all that big inside.

The problem is, stock the fender sticks everything right out the back of the bike and out the way......

2013-Honda-CB1000R_zpsa0pu504a.jpg

......but the R&G one moves them right up towards the seat and forwards to the front, right where the throw overs would sit. 

DSCF2479_zpsfv6kor7y.jpg

Short term, I'm only really going for this trip for 4 days next month so I wouldnt need a huge amount of stuff. I'll have to have a look about and see, the Kirega kit means you can add to them, so a US20 tail bag can have a US10 chucked on top, or one either side to expand it. Might consider a small tank bag too if needed. How much space can 3 pairs of boxers and a pair of joggers take up? :D

The problem is, stock the fender sticks everything right out the back of the bike and out the way......

2013-Honda-CB1000R_zpsa0pu504a.jpg

......but the R&G one moves them right up towards the seat and forwards to the front, right where the throw overs would sit.

DSCF2479_zpsfv6kor7y.jpg

Short term, I'm only really going for this trip for 4 days next month so I wouldnt need a huge amount of stuff. I'll have to have a look about and see, the Kirega kit means you can add to them, so a US20 tail bag can have a US10 chucked on top, or one either side to expand it. Might consider a small tank bag too if needed. How much space can 3 pairs of boxers and a pair of joggers take up? :D

Ah i see. Yeah. That probably would be in the way wouldnt it!

Ahh you dont need much dya.

Dont forget the option of a tank bag?

Ah i see. Yeah. That probably would be in the way wouldnt it!

Ahh you dont need much dya.

Dont forget the option of a tank bag?

I would like to do a longer Euro trip later this year maybe, in which case I've been eyeing up some top boxes but in the short term for the trip next month I think I'll have to travel light :D 

I dont like buying cheap most of the time, so while this Kirega gear is pricey it gets top notch reviews. I got about 6 weeks so might look at how big ones is first but I reckon I can get a reasonable amount in one. I dont know if I like tank bags, could borrow my dads and see if I like it or not, worse case I get a rucksack too. 

I dont like riding with rucksacks. Just dont like the feel of em

Also dont really like the look of most top boxes.

But im a fussy bugger haha

This is the problem...

I'm not keen on rucksacks, or tank bags and the box gets in the way when you throw your leg over the bike.

I like the look of the bike without luggage (unless it is a big tourer then it looks weird naked) but cannot entertain going anywhere without the kit I want to take.

I always carry spare clothes and normal shoes and want to get rid of the huge jacket and the rest of the kit to walk around when I get to the other end, plus take some basic tools like a Leatherman and a torch, plus wallet, drink etc.  I ride to enjoy it, not to show the world I am a BIKER at the other end and want to dress normally the second I arrive at the place I am going to.  Not being able to bring stuff home like nice food you find or souvenirs etc is also a pain,

The fun I used to have compared to the Sunday Ninja Turtle Brigade by arriving on my RT with a spare helmet and gloves  in a side box-and being able to take any willing female out for a blast, was immense  :angel:  :x

So I want the look of no luggage and the advantage of luggage.  The only real answer is to buy a tourer which looks right with luggage, I suppose!  I did like the R1200RT as you could go anywhere on a single tank of fuel, with the same luggage you could get in an MX-5, get there fresh and then strip the boxes off, lower the electric screen, set the electronic suspension adjust (ESA) to Sport and then embarrass the Ninjas with your Paralever/Telelever/Traction/ABS-equipped bike down the twisties.

I don't get why you have this massively high tail-piece set two feet above the rear wheel and a stupid tiny pillion seat, when sense would make the rear end wider more of a decent boot area with a 12v socket for your phone, all made pretty with clever colour use and graphics to make it look small.  Having a top-box dangling in mid-air as an add-on causes loads of issues with weight distribution and aerodynamics, so whhhyy??!

This is the problem...

I'm not keen on rucksacks, or tank bags and the box gets in the way when you throw your leg over the bike.

I like the look of the bike without luggage (unless it is a big tourer then it looks weird naked) but cannot entertain going anywhere without the kit I want to take.

I always carry spare clothes and normal shoes and want to get rid of the huge jacket and the rest of the kit to walk around when I get to the other end, plus take some basic tools like a Leatherman and a torch, plus wallet, drink etc. I ride to enjoy it, not to show the world I am a BIKER at the other end and want to dress normally the second I arrive at the place I am going to. Not being able to bring stuff home like nice food you find or souvenirs etc is also a pain,

The fun I used to have compared to the Sunday Ninja Turtle Brigade by arriving on my RT with a spare helmet and gloves in a side box-and being able to take any willing female out for a blast, was immense :angel::x

So I want the look of no luggage and the advantage of luggage. The only real answer is to buy a tourer which looks right with luggage, I suppose! I did like the R1200RT as you could go anywhere on a single tank of fuel, with the same luggage you could get in an MX-5, get there fresh and then strip the boxes off, lower the electric screen, set the electronic suspension adjust (ESA) to Sport and then embarrass the Ninjas with your Paralever/Telelever/Traction/ABS-equipped bike down the twisties.

I don't get why you have this massively high tail-piece set two feet above the rear wheel and a stupid tiny pillion seat, when sense would make the rear end wider more of a decent boot area with a 12v socket for your phone, all made pretty with clever colour use and graphics to make it look small. Having a top-box dangling in mid-air as an add-on causes loads of issues with weight distribution and aerodynamics, so whhhyy??!

Hahaha! Yeah i know what you mean! VFR looks soo much better without luggage, lines are so much better. The ideal solution really for me is a bike with inbuilt clips that the panniers go onto, rather than having to spend 30 mins putting the rack/rails on.

I know what you're saying with the pillion seat too. Another reason I've never actually managed to buy a full sports bike yet.

Each to their own though isnt it. The agility and speed of a gsxr or ninja or whatever should be far greater than our bigger bikes though. So with a decent rider, it should change direction and go quicker shouldnt it.

The BMW is a 1200, but theres faster 600's out there now isnt there. Okay they dont have the torque of flexability, but when properly screaming it, they do bloody shift.

Hahaha! Yeah i know what you mean! VFR looks soo much better without luggage, lines are so much better. The ideal solution really for me is a bike with inbuilt clips that the panniers go onto, rather than having to spend 30 mins putting the rack/rails on.

I know what you're saying with the pillion seat too. Another reason I've never actually managed to buy a full sports bike yet.

Each to their own though isnt it. The agility and speed of a gsxr or ninja or whatever should be far greater than our bigger bikes though. So with a decent rider, it should change direction and go quicker shouldnt it.

The BMW is a 1200, but theres faster 600's out there now isnt there. Okay they dont have the torque of flexability, but when properly screaming it, they do bloody shift.

Still don't get why most bikes don't get a "boot" as if done properly it would improve aerodynamics and if empty would not weigh any more.

The BMW was good as it was subtle; you could get away with things on it that would have you banned on a GSXR.

Still don't get why most bikes don't get a "boot" as if done properly it would improve aerodynamics and if empty would not weigh any more.

The BMW was good as it was subtle; you could get away with things on it that would have you banned on a GSXR.

Styling isnt it.

It just wouldnt look good with a boot.

Is a pita having absolutly no storage though. Just pockets. N not even many of those with a leather jacket

Styling isnt it.

It just wouldnt look good with a boot.

Is a pita having absolutly no storage though. Just pockets. N not even many of those with a leather jacket

Your rear wheel only deviates upwards to 10cm absolute max, but the tail has acres of spare clearance, why not reduce the clearance, add just a little width to the tail (with a nod to aerodynamics) and a little more height, then cleverly disguise the extra bulk with two colours or graphics.  Not a huge thing, just a bit better use of wasted space, more convenience and better air-flow.

I like how sharp n pointy it is though on mine. It sorta follows the angular lines of the bike

Look silly with a Hayabusa or SRAD style back end.

It wouldn't work on everything, granted!

• Like 1

I always preferred putting something on the pillion seat on all my bikes as it didn't get in the way when riding. I had a tank bag that worked well when put on the pillion seat and used the good old bungie cords to keep it in place with some strategically placed gaffa tape to protect the paint. Being a short ar8e I had to thread my leg over between the tank and bag rather than do the usual leg over but once on I didn't notice it at all. Top boxes can affect the handling too which can be a PITA

Any one read PB magazine?? My bikes on page 14 top right woooohoooooo

Only it's not a 2003 or an "r"

Still a happy little chappie though

Try and post link later

Havent read it mate!

Whats it say about it?

Waiting patiently for the new road safety advert the DOE in NI are making, will mean I would have to actually watch TV to see it when it's out though..... 

Kawasaki starring this time round  :clap:  :peek:

10835046_455275551314341_408066662185039

Been ages since the last one and it was rather tame.......:

• Like 2

Waiting patiently for the new road safety advert the DOE in NI are making, will mean I would have to actually watch TV to see it when it's out though..... 

Kawasaki starring this time round  :clap:  :peek:

Been ages since the last one and it was rather tame.......:

Good Ad.

I had heard it was nearly three quarters of accidents involving motorcylist were the car's error, mainly making RH turn across the path on the MC.

What was even more amazing was that when the US adopted compulsory headlights on then the accident rate dropped for a few months and then rose to an intermediate level and the conclusion was that the motorcyclist was subconsciously seen but the car driver pulled out anyways, there is a thought !

Just been out for a decent spin on the bike, lovely weather, dry roads, clear views, excellent  :sun:

Fabulous time of year to cruise about; daffodils, snowdrops, bouncing lambs etc, so what are you all waiting for?

I'm hankering for a bigger bike again.  It's happening again..... :peek:

Just been out for a decent spin on the bike, lovely weather, dry roads, clear views, excellent  :sun:

Fabulous time of year to cruise about; daffodils, snowdrops, bouncing lambs etc, so what are you all waiting for?

I'm hankering for a bigger bike again.  It's happening again..... :peek:

Was going to go out today especially as it's meant to be the only dry day for me for the next week odd, but it's dark and strong gales....... I opted for the dry weather alternative of poop patrol in the garden as I will need to start cutting the grass* soon. On the plus side after my running out of electricity at a filling station last week, the bike hasn't moved since and started up today perfectly free and easy with no choke.  :whew: no more Li-PO upgrade battery pondering for me  :dance:

*grass subject to status, may be substituted with 90% moss and or weeds! 

• Like 1

Just been out for a decent spin on the bike, lovely weather, dry roads, clear views, excellent :sun:

I'm hankering for a bigger bike again. It's happening again..... :peek:

Bigger bike is the way forward. Always ;).

I know its a lovely day! I've been off n i just wish i could be out riding the bike. But i fear its a bad idea for the stitches

• Like 1