FUBAR

Give one a try FUBAR, I'll have a bet that you go for the nonexistent clutch lever when you stop though :giggle:

Thats a thought. Whats where the clutch is? Nothing?

I would put the back brake there like it is on a push bike :D I don't have much feeling in the right lower leg, so it's more of a 'I am telling it to press down' and then looking/listening for the brake rather than the normal feel. Bloody weird! 

I was out today after a hail storm it was spot on bright dry afternoon with damp patches fading away. Frigging bike failed to start again at the pumps (asda this time). Battery might be duff on one or more cells, oxford oximiser 900 isn't showing any issue with it when plugged in though...) How ruddy embarrassing :o Dr Google tells me that loads of ZX-6R's of the same era suffer from this issue and start fine when cold but when hot don't like it at all! ...... I checked terminals on battery and put them back on then it fired, but it had dropped 30DegC ish in temp in that time. She had just stopped for fuel having done 100+ miles.

Back in the saddle again!!

Picked this up this morning...

da8725fbcc1b7bfea8d42341abf3f6a8.jpg

It's the NC700X

It's absolutely the right bike for me now.

Best thing about it?

It's got the DCT gearbox. I love it. :)

Good to see you back on two wheels CFB, lovely bike. I'm going to a honda dealer with my mate in a couple of weeks, they'll loan him a bit to go and play on while his is being done so I might see if they have one to try, I'm intrigued.  

• Like 1

My little tour is planned and being booked up tomorrow. London - Dartmoor via Sammy Miller Bike Museum & Tyneham Village, St Ives, West coast, Cheddar, Stonehenge then home over 4 days. We're doing it on the cheap, £11pppn :D I'm decided on a Kirega tail pack and maybe a tank bag or rucksack. 

My bike needs a service, I've decided to have a bash myself, I think I'll be alright, doesnt look very hard. In prep I've got myself a socket set from Halfords, half price £125, hopefully that'll cover most things I need. Just got to buy all the service bits now and maybe a exhaust. :D 

I'm keeping an eye on the oil too, it was quite near the bottom today and I checked and topped it up recently. Having said that it's got a sight glass and a right pain in the arse, a few degrees either way and it could show full or empty which is annoying. I've been out with a mate and a spirit level to get as accurate measure as I can. I'm going to check again in a week or so. 

• Like 1

I would put the back brake there like it is on a push bike :D I don't have much feeling in the right lower leg, so it's more of a 'I am telling it to press down' and then looking/listening for the brake rather than the normal feel. Bloody weird! 

I was out today after a hail storm it was spot on bright dry afternoon with damp patches fading away. Frigging bike failed to start again at the pumps (asda this time). Battery might be duff on one or more cells, oxford oximiser 900 isn't showing any issue with it when plugged in though...) How ruddy embarrassing :o Dr Google tells me that loads of ZX-6R's of the same era suffer from this issue and start fine when cold but when hot don't like it at all! ...... I checked terminals on battery and put them back on then it fired, but it had dropped 30DegC ish in temp in that time. She had just stopped for fuel having done 100+ miles.

Did you have your headlights switched on when you were trying to start it? That won't be the underlying cause but could mean it starts easier until you find out if it is the battery.

Back in the saddle again!!

Picked this up this morning...da8725fbcc1b7bfea8d42341abf3f6a8.jpg

It's the NC700X

It's absolutely the right bike for me now.

Best thing about it?

It's got the DCT gearbox. I love it. :)

I must stop following this thread....

• Like 2

My little tour is planned and being booked up tomorrow. London - Dartmoor via Sammy Miller Bike Museum & Tyneham Village, St Ives, West coast, Cheddar, Stonehenge then home over 4 days. We're doing it on the cheap, £11pppn :D I'm decided on a Kirega tail pack and maybe a tank bag or rucksack. 

My bike needs a service, I've decided to have a bash myself, I think I'll be alright, doesnt look very hard. In prep I've got myself a socket set from Halfords, half price £125, hopefully that'll cover most things I need. Just got to buy all the service bits now and maybe a exhaust. :D

I'm keeping an eye on the oil too, it was quite near the bottom today and I checked and topped it up recently. Having said that it's got a sight glass and a right pain in the arse, a few degrees either way and it could show full or empty which is annoying. I've been out with a mate and a spirit level to get as accurate measure as I can. I'm going to check again in a week or so. 

Is that the 170 piece socket set? I keep looking at those and talking myself out of it :( Tool kit on the bike should provide all you need to service the bike tbh though. I did mine the other week, air/oil/fuel filters, new oil, carbs cleaned, chain stripped down for a well deserved clean and re-lube and new iridium plugs. Then took the fairing off the subframe to get at the stupid chavy blacked out rear LED cluster that won't pass an MOT and put the stock one back in. My hot starting issue though I am hoping is the battery now, has always been a pig to start when hot but getting worse. Need to find one of my multimeters... I refuse to buy another one. 

20150227_120315_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jp

20150227_132107.jpg

20150227_132350.jpg

20150227_132222.jpg

20150227_145035.jpg

Ready to ride!

P20150227_170044.jpg

P20150227_170201.jpg

I must stop following this thread....

Nah lights were off. Hoping its the battery, but too many google results coming back with loads of folk having this issue starting the bike when warm. 

Here is how she started after a week or so sat and 100+ enthusiastic miles before I filled up and it failed to restart bahhhhh......

hahaha yea a week to the day since I uploaded this, so she sat for 7 days almost to the hour 

If it helps anyone... I bought this socket set a few years ago and its absolutly brilliant.

Im a tradesman and have an obsession for having the best tools i can afford.

Britool has a life time warranty and its good. I claimed for a small Allen key on a socket as it broke, no questions. Just posted me another out.

But the stuff is top quality. Not had a problem with anything else n it does pretty much everything I've ever needed it to.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151157240110

• Like 1

Is that the 170 piece socket set? I keep looking at those and talking myself out of it :( Tool kit on the bike should provide all you need to service the bike tbh though. I did mine the other week, air/oil/fuel filters, new oil, carbs cleaned, chain stripped down for a well deserved clean and re-lube and new iridium plugs.

Yeah thats the one, I was doing the same but if I have no tools at all, I borrow my mates. If I'm going to do something it's 10x easier with the right tools lol. I didnt get a tool kit with the bike and a kit from ebay is £50! I think I'm going to do oil, filter, air filter, brake fluid, coolant and adjust the chain. I cant think of anything else at the moment. :D 

If it helps anyone... I bought this socket set a few years ago and its absolutly brilliant.

Im a tradesman and have an obsession for having the best tools i can afford.

Britool has a life time warranty and its good. I claimed for a small Allen key on a socket as it broke, no questions. Just posted me another out.

But the stuff is top quality. Not had a problem with anything else n it does pretty much everything I've ever needed it to.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151157240110

Looks good, I punted for the halfords kit because the few times my mates busted a piece it's a 30 second drive to replace it so the job can still be done. Seems to be a decent kit from what I've seen so far. 

Looks good, I punted for the halfords kit because the few times my mates busted a piece it's a 30 second drive to replace it so the job can still be done. Seems to be a decent kit from what I've seen so far.

Oh the halfords advanced stuff is good mate. No doubt about that (:

• Like 1

I got the 120 piece set before christmas when it was £60 IIRC and its well suited for bikes as most of the sockets are 1/4 or 3/8 drive making them easier to get into the nooks and crannies..... just need the bike now LOL.

• Like 1

This site might help you when planning routes/stops etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zV88duVqCezo.kIP6SaHwe4cQ

• Like 1

Yeah thats the one, I was doing the same but if I have no tools at all, I borrow my mates. If I'm going to do something it's 10x easier with the right tools lol. I didnt get a tool kit with the bike and a kit from ebay is £50! I think I'm going to do oil, filter, air filter, brake fluid, coolant and adjust the chain. I cant think of anything else at the moment. :D

Mine on paper is in theory a good nick bike now brake fluid and coolant changed before she went to bed for Christmas. Chain and sprockets and tyres brand new when I got the bike 2 days old the lot. But I miss having uber power on tap, although it is fun winding up the wee light bike and it makes a nice noise. 

• Like 1

This site might help you when planning routes/stops etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zV88duVqCezo.kIP6SaHwe4cQ

I've planned our route for the trip already but that is a cracking page, book marked, I think some trips through summer to some of those is on the cards.  :thumbup:  Thanks for the link. 

• Like 1

Oh the halfords advanced stuff is good mate. No doubt about that (:

+1

Excellent quality, lifetime guarantee, available 7 days a week and offers can be exceptional

• Like 2

The guy I bought my bike off works in Halfords and randomly it turned out we both knew eachother in passing from the MG owners club NI (from when I had the ZT). I wonder if he could get me discount :D 

• Like 1

The guy I bought my bike off works in Halfords and randomly it turned out we both knew eachother in passing from the MG owners club NI (from when I had the ZT). I wonder if he could get me discount :D

I got a *******ing for using someone else's trade card once.

He passed it back to me though. Then questioned it.

He reckoned he should really bin it, but there was no chance i was giving it back haha.

I use a different branch now aha

• Like 1

I got a *******ing for using someone else's trade card once.

He passed it back to me though. Then questioned it.

He reckoned he should really bin it, but there was no chance i was giving it back haha.

I use a different branch now aha

That is what the guidelines say, I let no one have mine :P saves me too much money to bin it

I have had a few over the years but never used one once! My ROSPA card is meant to be good for 10 or 15% off stuff in Halfords...... hummmmmm But I am still holding off for the 200 piece set to go on offer again (it's at full RRP at present £300!) Easter I am hoping :D I have been messing about looking at them since last easter and have done some amount of work on my cars mainly since then, where I have struggled on by with odds and sods :( 

I have had a few over the years but never used one once! My ROSPA card is meant to be good for 10 or 15% off stuff in Halfords...... hummmmmm But I am still holding off for the 200 piece set to go on offer again (it's at full RRP at present £300!) Easter I am hoping :D I have been messing about looking at them since last easter and have done some amount of work on my cars mainly since then, where I have struggled on by with odds and sods :(

Cant beat a good socket set mate. Makes the job soo much easier doesnt it.

N if you're doing it, you might aswel do it properly and go for the all singing all dancing one ;)

Cant beat a good socket set mate. Makes the job soo much easier doesnt it.

N if you're doing it, you might aswel do it properly and go for the all singing all dancing one ;)

This was the worst day to not have a good set tbh! :( Some swearing went on I can tell you! Used the remains of a £5.99 set :D 

20140509_142107.jpg

20140509_155932.jpg

20140509_213107.jpg