FUBAR

Oh and the exhaust I want was £400 plus £10 postage, then it was put on offer for £310 plus postage. I nearly bought it last night but decided to wait, had a little look on ebay earlier and found it for £210 without the cat cover (another £70) so I messaged them about it and they said they'll do me exhaust and cover for £260! So all in all £140 saving, £50 off what I expected even with the offer! Already cleared the £320 from savings with the mrs so now need to decide what else to get for the bike :D

Maybe a new chain and scottoiler

BaronVonGrumble's how many countries in 24 hours first vid has gone up :D

Watching it now on the TV. :D Some good pannier action  :clap:

• Like 1

Waiting patiently for the new road safety advert the DOE in NI are making, will mean I would have to actually watch TV to see it when it's out though..... 

Kawasaki starring this time round  :clap:  :peek:

10835046_455275551314341_408066662185039

Tonight was the premier of the new advert at 20:00 and 20:40 on UTV A little tame still, but not a bad advert at all. 

and the other new one

That's my cup of tea that is :thumbup:

Did you say it was on TV? What channel?

Laughing out loud when he ran into him with the panniers :rofl:

• Like 2

That's my cup of tea that is :thumbup:

Did you say it was on TV? What channel?

Laughing out loud when he ran into him with the panniers :rofl:

I watched it on youtube on my TV. That pannier business was shocking! Last time anyone lends him bikes if that chopper is going with him I would say! 

Halfords Flash Sale today for 2 hours from 12:00-14:00 13% off 'EVERYTHING' (web exclusive, discount added in basket). I do not know if it will be a blanket 13% off all current prices or only RRP's. If it takes 13% off that socket set (still at £150) I will be cashing in for sure! 

http://f.mail.halfords.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=74b73bea7459977ccdec0b64d431b861

Halfords Flash Sale today for 2 hours from 12:00-14:00 13% off 'EVERYTHING' (web exclusive, discount added in basket). I do not know if it will be a blanket 13% off all current prices or only RRP's. If it takes 13% off that socket set (still at £150) I will be cashing in for sure! 

http://f.mail.halfords.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=74b73bea7459977ccdec0b64d431b861

BOOM!

halfords.png

Free delivery wouldnt get me it until late last week so I am driving 50 miles now to collect it in store at the price reserved (website is in melt down took 6 attempts) ((Also getting my quidco 3% cashback). Must hurry as I have an interview in the opposite direction and it will be tight, sockets before employment though FTW! 

150 200 piece comes in at £130.50 £126.59*   :sun:

* = Due to the cashback from Quidco already tracked  :clap:

HALFORDS%2520QUIDCO.jpg

Fixed that for you :D :D :D :D :D

I made it with precision timing and even nipped over the border on the way as my fuel light came on yesterday and filled up with diesel at Esso for 99ppl :D Made my interview with a good 3 minutes to spare after 2 hours on the road. 

20150313_163452.jpg

• Like 1

Another Biker here!

First outing of the year today and it was dry!.

took my Honda VFR800Fi out today for it's annual MOT test.

i use a motorcycle garage in Port Dundas  Glasgow - Mickey Oates.

passed fine with no probs,she's an old girl a "T" Reg with only short of 19k on the clock.

mines a RED one,which as you know is always faster!.

Any one else here  in this general neck of the woods?.

cheers dennis

Edited by maddog007

I'm not one for watching 'vloggers' but I LOVE Baron, he's hilarious. I just got addicted, watched one or two then went on to watch the whole lot from start to finish.

Fixed that for you :D :D :D :D :D

I made it with precision timing and even nipped over the border on the way as my fuel light came on yesterday and filled up with diesel at Esso for 99ppl :D Made my interview with a good 3 minutes to spare after 2 hours on the road. 

20150313_163452.jpg

Bargain, I wasnt fussed about the extra bits in the 200 piece kit BUT for the extra £5 over what I paid last week I'd have got it anyway. Glad you made it to the interview too :D 

• Like 1

I've had a productive day. Yesterday I picked up all the parts form Honda for the service, while I was in the car park I phoned and ordered the exhaust too. 

358F8FD6-AA4F-4686-907C-DB98D1770680_zps

Super speedy service from Moto GB, exhaust arrived today! 

E4B286D2-FBCD-4BAA-8E85-C5C53234B15E_zps

Amazed straightaway by two things, firstly how small the box was and secondly by how light it was. I was a bit worried at first, thought maybe it was empty. Got a couple of torque wrenches on the way home and decided to have a bash at the work on the bike. I was going to wait for my mate who knows what he's doing but thought if I **** it up or get stuck I can just leave it in the garage :D

Now I am the least 'hands on' person ever, never done much more than changed a wheel tbh, I leave that to people who can do a proper job but I said when I got the bike I wanted to learn how to work on it. Thankfully the owners manual is surprisingly good for the CB, quite detailed and useful. First I set about the air filter, expecting to have to lift the tank to get to it, turns out it's behind a side panel and just slides out after taking the cover. I only have the book stamped as having the first service at 800 miles in the book so wasnt sure how bad everything would be. Clearly a colour difference between them, I dunno how bad but it's original honda so every chance its the one from new. 

4C7D1209-0196-4258-BF61-53A195DB6EF4_zps

Next I moved onto the oil and filter. Went ok, I need a better oil tray, ended up trying to use 2 one litre cans but that didnt work well.....

63FA9C47-CB3C-4051-A141-F4A5EA3D491C_zps

Was a bit worried about doing the sump bolt and filter up too tight, I've not used a torque wrench before, that took a bit of working out but got there in the end. Filled the bike back up, run it, topped it up, run it again, spot on now, just a couple of mm under the maximum level. A combination of my phone and a sprit level meant I could check the oil b myself lol. I also noticed the oil filter was a Hi-Flo one so thankfully it has at least had a oil/filter since that running in service. 

Next job was to tighten the chain, undone the pinch bolt, got the C spanner on the adjuster and with all my might it moved about 5mm. I started thinking this was going to be a **** of a job until I looked at the chain and it was super tight! (was too loose before) So obviously it only needs a tiny bit of movement to adjust it. Kinda had to guess how tight it needed to be, enough there was still a little be of movement. Done it all back up and took it out for a spin, wow, felt like a different bike! Gears are so much quieter and smoother, feels amazing. Got back and took the exhaust out the box, nice made bit of kit, pretty chuffed with it.

075D3519-83EE-4289-80DF-42656F4AA6AE_zps

It was 5pm by this time but after looking at the standard exhaust I realised it was 3 bolts to remove......

CEDE66F2-B6EB-4A63-B1E5-6F701F03440D_zps

Aaaaaand 2 bolts to put the new one on....

C90F8CD8-AF12-4AAF-9098-1761B912C91E_zps

Not ridden it yet but started it up, sounds mental! My brothers has a Scorpion on it, which sounds a little bit deeper but thats about it, I was expecting the same from this tbh since I am keeping the cat on it but even with that and the baffles it's far louder than I imagined! Nice tone to it too. The weight saving surprised me, the old one is seriously heavy, I knew it was bulky but never thought it'd be as heavy as it is. 

I'm going to take it to work tomorrow, see how it sounds on the road, cant wait now! Just got to change the coolant and brake/clutch fluid now and it'll be ready for the trip next month and the summer. I think I'm going to keep all the recipes and pictures in a folder so if/when I sell it it'll all be documented.  

• Like 1

Ride magazine are offering a free tank bag if you subscribe for 12 months, which might come in handy.....

I might go for that, been looking at tank bags anyway! Cheers for the heads up!

Maybe a new chain and scottoiler

No space for scottoiler on mine, well it can be wedged under the pillion seat but I'd rather keep that space. Chain seems alright at the moment but I might chuck a new one on anyway. 

• Like 1

Next I moved onto the oil and filter. Went ok, I need a better oil tray, ended up trying to use 2 one litre cans but that didnt work well.....

63FA9C47-CB3C-4051-A141-F4A5EA3D491C_zps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engine-Oil-Antifreeze-Drainage-Pan-Drain-Sump-Can-Container-8-L-Litre-Recycle-/400850948119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d54941017 I have one of those, but got it a bit cheaper somewhere else I think. Also have a pella pump but little point using it on the bike. 

For the oil level on a side stand I use tiles, the stand sits on a tile anyway in my shed but I if I put 4 under it, the bike sits level. Just find something to put inder stand that equated to it being dead level and then obviously just have hand on it as you go round to check, but shouldn't fall over on it's own. In the pics I posted the other day you can see my solution being a bungee.

1 tile:

20150227_145035.jpg

more tiles and bungee, oh and my oil catcher barrel!:

20150227_120315_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engine-Oil-Antifreeze-Drainage-Pan-Drain-Sump-Can-Container-8-L-Litre-Recycle-/400850948119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d54941017 I have one of those, but got it a bit cheaper somewhere else I think. Also have a pella pump but little point using it on the bike. 

For the oil level on a side stand I use tiles, the stand sits on a tile anyway in my shed but I if I put 4 under it, the bike sits level. Just find something to put inder stand that equated to it being dead level and then obviously just have hand on it as you go round to check, but shouldn't fall over on it's own. In the pics I posted the other day you can see my solution being a bungee.

1 tile:

20150227_145035.jpg

more tiles and bungee, oh and my oil catcher barrel!:

20150227_120315_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jp

Excellent idea, I've got a bungee somewhere. Cheers

Screenshot_2015-03-14-19-50-36_zpstizjwy

So this happened today ;-D

Niiiice, 6 or 900? 

Excellent idea, I've got a bungee somewhere. Cheers

I should also say a paddock stand is a much safer option though lol  :peek: But I find my wee stack of tiles handy to just check the oil with. 

I should also say a paddock stand is a much safer option though lol  :peek: But I find my wee stack of tiles handy to just check the oil with. 

I have an ABBA stand, I can use that to hold the bike vertical, without lifting the rear wheel, to check the oil, but if I'm changing the oil the bike is on the lift so is vertical anyway.

I do have to remember which sight glass to use though

raptorclutch1-M.jpg

Big or little.....

• Like 1

Overlander here uses a RR KTM 690 R for frightening camels, causing dust storms and generally riding progressively in the Atlas and Sahara. Back here in Blighty it is my preferred form of transport. :devil:

Mike