FUBAR

Now now..... meanwhile back on topic LOL....

Has anyone either got or riden the latest Triumph Adventurer 1200? I'm having a look round this year in prep for a purchase next and went to a Triumph dealer today to see what they were like in the flesh as I fancied a look the Adventurer sport thinking the stock AV would be too big (the sport has smaller wheels but is chain drive)- A nice trip out to Blade at Stratford and very helpful they were too. Looking on line I'd discounted the stock Adventurer due to it's published seat height as I'm a short ar8e with a 29 inch inside leg as struggled with the GS last year so thought that would be similar.... but with the normal seat on its lowest setting I can get both balls of my feet down without problem and it felt like a really brill riding position RE-sult! Tried the sprint 1080GT too and apart from being chain driven it too seemed to be a great bike especially for under 10k when it comes complete with luggage. Looks like triumph have come along way in the last couple of years. Has anyone else tried them as I don't fancy another 4 cylinder bike and being all triples I'm guessing they have more character?

Couple of videos, just getting to grips with video editing bit by bit :D

My mates Fireblade

And the CB1

We went out into the middle of nowhere before anyone cries that we deserve an asbo  :sun:

I'm well chuffed with mine, considering it's got the baffles in and the cat still on verses my mates Micron which had neither of them. 

• Like 1

Had a busy day yesterday, took the pup to the vets, then had to go get a new shirt for an interview, then attend interview (panel of 4...). All the while the weather was cracking and I kept seeing bikers out enjoying themselves everywhere :( .So back after rushing around and woke up the 636 from it's near 2 week kip. :D

Had a big long trail of traffic early on which wasn't much fun, but still nice to be able to make progress. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlKsvheLfio&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

***NSFW*** (language)

I should add, as it's not that clear in the video. If you look carefully you will see that as he is moving back into his own lane, and doing his sign language, he swerves at me... 

Very lucky to get away from that one!!

The man 'made a mistake', 'just didn't care', 'took a risk' etc etc would all be things I could accept, in the hope that as a rational person would learn from it. But his decision to go through a cycle in lightning fast succession of '2 fingers', 'middle finger' and a gesture that rhymes with 'anchor', while driving 1 handed and still on my side of the road, after what he had just done / was STILL in the process of doing...... :thumbdown:  The dangerously retarded manoeuvre aside, all he had to do was be civil about it, not show off in front of his mates. Whom would have already been nervous at his driving and uncomfortable with what he had just done. If I hadn't been held up for a few seconds before, or I had have been going a little faster or vice versa for the tractor or himself, he would have likely killed me. Since the outcome of that is a pathetic 1-2 year driving ban and a fine here, I didn't want him to be under any illusion as to the seriousness of it, from my point of view. I would never suggest to go to the extent of turning around after something like that with a view to addressing the driver, but I did it with a hope it would make him less likely to do any of the above again. If I rode on, would he have given a damn and just carried on as normal thinking he was 'the man'....  No, he soiled himself in front of his pals at the prospect and I hope it is forever stained in his memory, every time he is thinking of overtaking or sees a biker! 

Counting the seconds now until I can get it delivered now, I have bought my dream bike, finally....

Not everyone's cup of tea, but after 20-odd bikes, including Maxi-Scoots, Yamaha Diversions, Bandit 1200, BMW R1100/1150/1200RTs, I most missed my outstanding MZ Saxon Tour which I bought new in 1994.  It was a 2-stroke 251 which I just meshed with, very practical, comfy and great for all weather fun-but I really wanted the 500 Rotax version.

After years and years of searching, I have finally secured an MZ Rotax 500 Country, a trail/tour version with the bomb-proof engine as used by the military in the Armstrong, Harley and others.  I love the ruggedness, simplicity, comfort, range and the practicalities of the enclosed forks and chain; plus this one has an electronic ignition upgrade, Bilstein shocks a new seat cover and the extended front mudflap-all bits I wanted to fit.  I can't wait to perfect it and make it mine.

Thanks to all who helped on the courier advice-just getting it booked now.

I reckon you got a good bike there.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like that.

No fuss, no drama, and on the rare occasion it does go wrong, dead easy to fix.

Well done

***NSFW*** (language)

I should add, as it's not that clear in the video. If you look carefully you will see that as he is moving back into his own lane, and doing his sign language, he swerves at me...

Scared the **** out of me! On the plus side had you been in your car it would probably been a head on?

• Like 1

***NSFW*** (language)

It's really odd how often when people clearly know they are in the wrong their immediate response is to become aggressive!! We come across it all the time at work I'm sure some physiologist could analyse it but let's call it "I'm a ****" syndrome

• Like 1

It's really odd how often when people clearly know they are in the wrong their immediate response is to become aggressive!! We come across it all the time at work I'm sure some physiologist could analyse it but let's call it "I'm a ****" syndrome

Some shockingly immature driving goes on here. Was on my way home last week and couldn't get there due to some young lad deciding that driving through a village with cars parked down one side with a bend over a bridge at end of it, his Corsa would be perfeclty fine to go faster than the normal 15-20mph folk do, or even the 30mph maximum speed limit and achieve this.......

Corsa%2520Bridge.jpg Corsa%2520Bridge%2520Crash%25202.jpg

I had a load of frozen stuff from Asda which was all destroyed £30 that wee git cost me.  :@ Then there have been 2 or 3 deaths on the roads locally in the last week or so as well. We also boast the lowest survival odds for RTC injuries in western Europe with no regional trauma care or any air ambulance service at all in the entire country (for the most rural part of the UK).  :clap:

Argh that does my nut in too. We all **** up from time to time, even the better drivers among us but when I do, I hold my hands up and apologise, 9/10 it'll defuse the situation. Why when someone knows they're in the wrong do they give it the big un I dont know, *******.  

• Like 1

Argh that does my nut in too. We all **** up from time to time, even the better drivers among us but when I do, I hold my hands up and apologise, 9/10 it'll defuse the situation. Why when someone knows they're in the wrong do they give it the big un I dont know, *******.  

Simple, adrenaline kicks in, the monkey in you takes over until you can control it when you calm down.  It is an instinctive primal response that some control better than others.

• Like 1

Video today of the tightness! All of you who do not have a garage, do you have any tight ingress/egress points to negotiate? 

My current set up is much improved (less off roading required), but I really want to take out all the hedging still and gate/fence and make a drive and double gate down the side. As you can see pavers in front of shed, I just dumped there, but this is a temp measure. 

This was when I got back after the van driver ride. 

Just like to pass on a huge thank you to CFB for the ABBA stand! Works a treat

Commiserations to those who missed out MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously though thanks Clive

Shoosh you lol ;-)

Right place at the right time with that one bud....and very generous of Clive for the offer :-)

• Like 2

Just like to pass on a huge thank you to CFB for the ABBA stand! Works a treat

Commiserations to those who missed out MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously though thanks Clive

You're welcome.

• Like 2

Now now..... meanwhile back on topic LOL....

Has anyone either got or riden the latest Triumph Adventurer 1200? I'm having a look round this year in prep for a purchase next and went to a Triumph dealer today to see what they were like in the flesh as I fancied a look the Adventurer sport thinking the stock AV would be too big (the sport has smaller wheels but is chain drive)- A nice trip out to Blade at Stratford and very helpful they were too. Looking on line I'd discounted the stock Adventurer due to it's published seat height as I'm a short ar8e with a 29 inch inside leg as struggled with the GS last year so thought that would be similar.... but with the normal seat on its lowest setting I can get both balls of my feet down without problem and it felt like a really brill riding position RE-sult! Tried the sprint 1080GT too and apart from being chain driven it too seemed to be a great bike especially for under 10k when it comes complete with luggage. Looks like triumph have come along way in the last couple of years. Has anyone else tried them as I don't fancy another 4 cylinder bike and being all triples I'm guessing they have more character?

I have not tried the new model but I have a 63 plate Tiger Explorer and that replaced the Sprint 1050 GT that I had for a year.  Both are exceptional to ride with bags of power and if you are used to fours or twins a real unusual (but good) exhaust note.  I previously had a VFR 800 Vtec and the Sprint was every bit as good to ride and in some ways better.  I thought it handled better than the VFR in many ways especially on the open road but the longer wheelbase did mean it was a little trickier to turn in restricted spaces.

I changed the Sprint for the Tiger last September and have never regretted it for a second.  I took the Sprint in for a service and the crafty sods gave me an Explorer for the day.  Rode it loved it and ended up buying one.  OK I am 6' 2" and have no problem with the seat height but as you say it is adjustable on the Tiger.  I thought about the 800 Tiger but wanted to get away from chain drive so opted for the 1200 and as we are often 2 up it is better for us.

Do I have any criticism of the Triumph brand?  Well I don't think the finish is as good as a Honda of BMW but then if you keep on top of them and clean them regularly and thoroughly that will be less of an issue.  I ride all year round and had mine protected by All Year Biker http://allyearbiker.co.uk/ and that has certainly made it far easier to keep clean even with salt on the roads.

There are some cracking deals on the Triumph range from time to time including free luggage.  If that is the sort of thing that interests you then look out for the offers.  I bought second hand with the Tiger and the bike came with thousands of pounds of accessories that I would have specified on a new bike so saved a good amount of money and had everything fitted that I would have wanted including fog lamps, heated grips, heated rider's seat and crash bars.

The riding position on the Tiger for me is ideal as I am getting to creaky and groanie for sports bikes these days.  I just cannot get on with the BMW Boxer engine and the Triumph unit may have had it's problems but Triumph have sorted them out and extended warranties where needed.  I am happy and I would imagine with a test ride you would be too.

Hope that helps.

Regards Chris

• Like 2

One of the many random bad bumps in the road, but this one really came out of nowhere lol. 

• Like 1

Went for a blast today, took my mates bike to the dealer for his service. Had a row with him when we left so spent most of the time ****ed off, luckily my brother come with us so I had him for company. Done a good 140 miles, all three bikes performed perfectly and took a battering too :D Had some popping from the new exhaust on the overrun too! Busy at work this week so no riding for a while now. 

I have not tried the new model but I have a 63 plate Tiger Explorer and that replaced the Sprint 1050 GT that I had for a year.  Both are exceptional to ride with bags of power and if you are used to fours or twins a real unusual (but good) exhaust note.  I previously had a VFR 800 Vtec and the Sprint was every bit as good to ride and in some ways better.  I thought it handled better than the VFR in many ways especially on the open road but the longer wheelbase did mean it was a little trickier to turn in restricted spaces.

I changed the Sprint for the Tiger last September and have never regretted it for a second.  I took the Sprint in for a service and the crafty sods gave me an Explorer for the day.  Rode it loved it and ended up buying one.  OK I am 6' 2" and have no problem with the seat height but as you say it is adjustable on the Tiger.  I thought about the 800 Tiger but wanted to get away from chain drive so opted for the 1200 and as we are often 2 up it is better for us.

Do I have any criticism of the Triumph brand?  Well I don't think the finish is as good as a Honda of BMW but then if you keep on top of them and clean them regularly and thoroughly that will be less of an issue.  I ride all year round and had mine protected by All Year Biker http://allyearbiker.co.uk/ and that has certainly made it far easier to keep clean even with salt on the roads.

There are some cracking deals on the Triumph range from time to time including free luggage.  If that is the sort of thing that interests you then look out for the offers.  I bought second hand with the Tiger and the bike came with thousands of pounds of accessories that I would have specified on a new bike so saved a good amount of money and had everything fitted that I would have wanted including fog lamps, heated grips, heated rider's seat and crash bars.

The riding position on the Tiger for me is ideal as I am getting to creaky and groanie for sports bikes these days.  I just cannot get on with the BMW Boxer engine and the Triumph unit may have had it's problems but Triumph have sorted them out and extended warranties where needed.  I am happy and I would imagine with a test ride you would be too.

Hope that helps.

Regards Chris

Thanks Chris for taking the time to give such an informative reply. We seem to have similar tastes as I know what you mean about chains once you've had a shaftieand I've been down the sportsbike route too which I'm not going back to. I bet the dealer had a big knowing grin on his face when you took their loan TEX out! I just found the seating position really comfy at the dealers. How do you find the bigger front wheel with the slimmer tyre on than what was on your GT? The luggage/heated grip and seat offer is on at the mo too so I'm fighting the urge to do something daft. Off to Wolverhampton tomorrow if the weather is fine to go to both the Triumph and Beemer dealers for another look.

Cheers

Ade