FUBAR

Just saw this randomly and wow, how jealous am I right now! A lot of naughty riding, but some good real world examples of what the H2 is out of the box with 1 miles on the clock against modified high end stuff. 

Could've been a Skoda owner, displays a number plate etc

That's why I didn't post it in the specific 'Spotted Was It You' as that part has it's own rules. I have posted loads of videos like that on the forum in the past and even stuff in there with some Octy II driver slamming on at a motorway roundabout, getting out and making a foul out of himself screaming and shouting at some one behind (passenger filmed it all). :D 

• Like 1

That's why I didn't post it in the specific 'Spotted Was It You' as that part has it's own rules. I have posted loads of videos like that on the forum in the past and even stuff in there with some Octy II driver slamming on at a motorway roundabout, getting out and making a foul out of himself screaming and shouting at some one behind (passenger filmed it all). :D

Nor did I, just on the general group page I shared it

Mental! I suppose they're a victim to their own hype. Probably one of the most anticipated bikes of the decade, it's almost bound to be stolen immediately unless your garage resembles a bank vault and not like the one in Hatton Gardens  :peek:

Mental! I suppose they're a victim to their own hype. Probably one of the most anticipated bikes of the decade, it's almost bound to be stolen immediately unless your garage resembles a bank vault and not like the one in Hatton Gardens :peek:

Gonna say, even then they'll just tunnel in for it over the weekend haha

Sad news today.

http://m.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Police-motorcyclist-dies-road-collision/story-26329382-detail/story.html?876

I didn't know him but it just highlights that no matter how much training you do you are still vulnerable.  Many years ago when I did my Advanced course the PC who did it with me was tragically knocked off his bike and lay in a coma for some weeks before he eventually passed away.  He was a very good rider and again it is a reminder that we need to be aware of all times and sometimes even that is not enough.

Always sad to see, especially more so when it's someone just doing their job. :( There was a horrific one here years ago where on a big straight road 2 police bikers had a head on with each other with massive speeds involved and both didn't make it :( 

That second one is much better with subtitles than the short one!  :thumbup: Always made my laugh with his wee cape flapping about hahahaha 

Nice one, hadn't seen that one. Your vid made me think of this one  :D

• Like 1

Dam you FUBAR,

Since you posted a link to the Baron vlogs i've been watching loads of them.

Personally I like his ramblings while watching him filter through London traffic. Call it my guilty secret :D

Almost felt sorry for him when he vloged about splitting from his wife after having the kid and having to sell his house........didn't mention selling any of his bikes though :p

• Like 1

Sad news today.

http://m.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Police-motorcyclist-dies-road-collision/story-26329382-detail/story.html?876

I didn't know him but it just highlights that no matter how much training you do you are still vulnerable.  Many years ago when I did my Advanced course the PC who did it with me was tragically knocked off his bike and lay in a coma for some weeks before he eventually passed away.  He was a very good rider and again it is a reminder that we need to be aware of all times and sometimes even that is not enough.

I don't ride like a ****, im very considerate to other road users and I have enough self control and acceptance of my riding skills to be very careful when out on the bike.

Having said that everytime I get on my bike I know the risks and sometimes no matter what you do or don't do you will end up injured or dead. I fully accept that is part of the risk on a bike more then any other mode of transport. The freedom (in every sense of the word) and enjoyment it gives me make it a risk worth taking IMO. Sometimes you cant think about it too deep otherwise you would never do anything in life. I would add that more times then not I have to take avoiding action because someone else isn't paying enough attention to their driving. I for one believe that helps to keep my skills and attention better than the average.

Of course you have the other side of the coin and regulary I will see someone riding and will be watching them and "shaking my head" thinking what a ****. Their potential for injury or death has just sky rocketed and sometimes I wish they would take a step back for a moment. When you make a mistake on a bike you have a 50/50 chance it will be the last mistake on a bike. You may be too badly injured to ride again or want to ride again, or it could be worse.

I don't know about you guys but as im getting older the "fear" is having a more controlling influence on me and in particular making sure im around and capable to look after my family. That keeps me in check more than anything...........but twisting that throttle is very addictive :D

• Like 1

Yeah i know exactly what you're saying Mark, but it is the trade off for having do much fun isnt it. I just dont get the same buzz from any car. Okay maybe a GTR, but theyre abit out of my price range, and you're still stuck in a cage without the freedom.

Quite a few bikers who were fast in their day slow down as they get a family n what not dont they, you arent the only one.

Im still on 22, so dont tend to worry so much just yet, although i am extremely cautious and consider myself to be a safe rider. Enough experience to see things coming in advance, usually.

No point hampering on the negatives of riding though. Enjoy all those positives (:

Yeah i know exactly what you're saying Mark, but it is the trade off for having do much fun isnt it. I just dont get the same buzz from any car. Okay maybe a GTR, but theyre abit out of my price range, and you're still stuck in a cage without the freedom.

Quite a few bikers who were fast in their day slow down as they get a family n what not dont they, you arent the only one.

Im still on 22, so dont tend to worry so much just yet, although i am extremely cautious and consider myself to be a safe rider. Enough experience to see things coming in advance, usually.

No point hampering on the negatives of riding though. Enjoy all those positives (:

Exactly why shortly after getting the current bike after suffering withdrawal symptoms for nearly 8 months, I bought the Mk1 Octavia TDi 90bhp and then sold the 530D. I now have the best of both worlds and a car that gets far far better mpg than the bike, just as biker jebus intended it to be  :angel:

The bike would always be ahead of that car, so the key point of owning that car which I had done a lot to, to make it a long termer was instantly diminished.

The only picture I have of both of them :) 

1.png

+1 from me about the sense of freedom on two wheels.

Regards, Mike

Freedom in every sense - Time to clear the head and concentrate on the riding, so freedom from what ever **** you have to deal with every day. Freedom from family commitments, going for a quick hour or 2 blast on your own. Freedom to ride where you want to, no passengers to consider. And a personal favourite freedom from traffic, overtaking safely and easily, filtering through traffic jams etc. If I lived in London I would HAVE to have a bike. I drive often enough in London as it is and the traffic is almost unbearable sometimes.

I wish I had time to go for a quick ride more regulary  :ph34r: For me it helps re-focus everything and means a little selfish indulgence doing something I love which I just don't have time for generally.

If all goes to plan this week I want to go and get my suspension set-up properly and if at all possible that will Friday afternoon B) That is keeping me "alive" this week as it's another ****ty week from hell :moon:

I agree with the sentiments above from many of you.  I too enjoy the freedom of the bike and I too like to blow the cobwebs away.  Once upon a time I scared myself witless on a bike and it stopped me riding for some years.  I was  a serving Police Officer and I was on an unmarked bike as I was part of a surveillance team.  I shall not go into much detail as it is boring but what scared me should not have and it was because I was unaware of what was happening with the bike.

Many years later I started riding again and very soon after became an Instructor.  During that time I rode through all weathers and became well aware of what was happening beneath me and what scare me before now no longer bothers me because I have learnt more than I did from being a Class 1 Police Rider.  Experience counts.

Do I ride like a loon?  No I don't.  Do I ride perfectly and within the law all the time?  No I don't.  I agree we should not dwell on the negatives and should concentrate on the positives.  That does not mean we should stick our heads in the sand and ignore the negatives but we should be aware and take steps to reduce them. 

I think the best advice I can give and have often is the throttle goes both ways.

• Like 3

I agree with the sentiments above from many of you. I too enjoy the freedom of the bike and I too like to blow the cobwebs away. Once upon a time I scared myself witless on a bike and it stopped me riding for some years. I was a serving Police Officer and I was on an unmarked bike as I was part of a surveillance team. I shall not go into much detail as it is boring but what scared me should not have and it was because I was unaware of what was happening with the bike.

Many years later I started riding again and very soon after became an Instructor. During that time I rode through all weathers and became well aware of what was happening beneath me and what scare me before now no longer bothers me because I have learnt more than I did from being a Class 1 Police Rider. Experience counts.

Do I ride like a loon? No I don't. Do I ride perfectly and within the law all the time? No I don't. I agree we should not dwell on the negatives and should concentrate on the positives. That does not mean we should stick our heads in the sand and ignore the negatives but we should be aware and take steps to reduce them.

I think the best advice I can give and have often is the throttle goes both ways.

I agree.

Power can get you out of trouble just as easy as it can get you into it, IMO.

Had a few times where opening the throttle instead of going for the brakes has got me out of the way and into safety. (This is why i do think 30mph restricted mopeds are dangerous, personally)

I agree.

Power can get you out of trouble just as easy as it can get you into it, IMO.

Had a few times where opening the throttle instead of going for the brakes has got me out of the way and into safety. (This is why i do think 30mph restricted mopeds are dangerous, personally)

I agree.

The trouble with machines with low power is that they have enough to get you into trouble, but not enough to get you out of it.

• Like 2

MOT due in just under 2 months, so in NI that means you must book an appointment now if you want to get one roughly when and where you want it. Seems that the MOT Test Centre for my region only does 2 motorbike MOT tests a day and only on certain days of the week! One are 11:55 one at 18:40. I should be fit to get it booked in to carry over my max 28 days (provided it passes).

I can't remember if I posted this before, searching brought nout up for me. The new rolling road part of the MOT test for motorcycles zero health and safety involved with riders and examiners not liking it. Comments are normally include the word dangerous. There is no liability on the government test centres with any damage resulting from this since the rider has now for the first time been added to the this part of the test.... Lifting both wheels off the ground on the side stand was a practice used on the MOT here until enough bikers took out civil cases for side stand and or frame damage as a result and also some bikes dropped.