Octavia FL possible coding options - updated 27/7/12

I will be ordering my Octavia vRS-FL CR DSG next week so I thought I would collate all the information on the net from different sources to bring together all the coding options on the new Octavia vRS-FL.

If there are any others you can add post them up and I will add them to the original post, if there any that appear incorrect then post up and I will amend.

Enabling fogs as cornering lights

Octavia II's and possible Early FL models

• Select Control Module - Cent Elec 09
  • With the controller open select Coding 07
  • From this screen you'll need to select Long Coding Helper
  • We have to change Byte 23, Bit 2 and Bit 3-4. Bit 2 simply requires a tick in the check box and Bit 3-4 is a drop down list where you should select 08 Turn Lights via Fog Lights.

Later Octavia FL models (Tested on my 2012 MY car)

• From this screen you'll need to select Long Coding Helper
  • We have to change Byte14, it simply requires a tick in the check box at the bottom labeled "Cornering lights via front fog lights active"

LED DRL's dimming when indicating (thanks vRS Carl)

• 07 Coding
  • Click Long Coding Helper
  • Go to Byte 15
  • Tick Bit 3 - Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) inactive with Turn Signals active > Exit > Do it.??You should get a box pop up saying coding accepted. Click OK

Enable both rear fog lights (www.octavia-vrs.com/cms/) (Does not appear to work on FL)

• 07 Coding
  • Click on byte 3
  • We have to change Byte 3, Bit 1, make sure that there is not a tick in this box. If you click the Bit 1 tick on and off you will see the numbers in the box marked Binary change between 0 and 1 hence the information shown in brackets.
  • Next we have to select Byte 4
  • In this Byte we must place a tick in Bit 4 which is labelled Activation of both Rear Fog Lights.
  • Once you've made the change choose Exit to close Long Coding Helper and copy the code back to the Recode Module screen. Once in the Recode Module Screen you should see the new long code inserted into the white box. Choose Do It and VCDS will validate the code before writing it to the controller and returning you to the Open Controller screen
    Disable seatbelt Chime

• Select Control Module - 17
  • Click Long coding helper
  • Un-tick the seatbelt chime box
  • Exit then Do it

Stop LED DRL’s dimming when switching to side light position

This can't be done as such however the dealer can use VAS and activate "Taillights on with DRL's" thus giving you the same effect as LEDs at full brightness as sides - minus the dash illumination.

Enabling lit speedo / rev needles all the time

my 2012 car same set with this from the factory

HID Retro Fit in to halogen projectors - coding for HID ballasts (does not work on FL models) (My 2012 MY car had the "xenon without shutter option in Controller 9 with the longcoding helper")

Select Control Module - Cent Elec 09

• 07 Coding
  • Activate 'Bi-Xenon with shutter' (Put tick in box).
  • Close Long Coding Helper
  • Click 'Do It'.
  • Clear any fault codes

Enabling Large MPH display on dash (only works on cars with white Maxidot display)

See this link

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/229766-vcds-adaptations-how-do-i/

Edited by xpower
  • Thanks 1

That´s what I mentioned once.

But after this video I just went out and tried puting my FL to RHD.

RIGHT FOG DID NOT COME ON (same left on) and got 2 errors

1. Engine (didn´t see what)

2. ABS module wrong coding

Edited by alberg

• 2 months later...