Heater blower

Right then, My blower motor is rapidly dying! Has anybody changed one out, Just want to know how much of a ballache it's going to be?

Well it looks like it's had it completely now!

So do I buy a new unit or take a chance on a used one from a breakers?

Anybody with access to a recent version of ETKA, Could you find out what the latest revision is please?

Iv just replaced mine 48 quid from a breakers yard, half hour job to do, 5 screws holding the glove box in, pop it out, about 6 or so gold screws holding the front of the motor on, take it off, put new one on, put plugs back in and hey presto, one working fan

• Like 1

I haven't changed the full unit but i've taken one apart and cleaned all the old leaves, dust & other debris from the road that have clogged mine up over the 140,000 mile it had done!

Was easy enough to do and seen a guide on here of how to do it, will be pretty similar steps im guessing.

The Guide: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/60114-how-to-fix-noisy-fabia-ventilation-fan/

Cheers for that hutchy, But I think the motor bearings have lunched themselves, Dropped the glovebox last night to have a looksee for the P/N. Driving home from work tonight I turned on the fan, Nothing, So I gave it a belt and it ran for about 20 seconds whining its nuts off slowing all the time it ran till it died! It's well and truly goosed!

Mine done the same, bearings were gone, I'm looking at possibly replacing them / seeing if I can oil them up so I have either a spare or sell it. I will probably keep it as I have a spare of pretty much everything for my furby apart from a shell and an interior