Is your Air Con cold because mine isn't?

For the Air con, I have quoted £550 to replace the condenser as it has been "damaged" by stones and lost all the gases!

Not impressed as there is nothing to stop this happening again as the bottom grill is so open. Garage told me they have had 3 of these recently!

One of my cars had the condensor pierced by (I presume) a stone. It does happen but it's a very rare occurance as it requires an almost perfectly aimed stone. But if this happens your AC doesn't lose some of it's cooling capacity, it loses all of it. Was your AC working at all?

Feel free to add a stone guard if you wish. The factory doesn't do this as it restricts air-flow which matters in hotter climates.

Yes it lost all of its cooling. It did blow but only ambient temperature air.

Does anyone know where I could get and fit a stone guard as the dealership wasn't aware of any such thing!

Edited by PAW3001

• 10 months later...

I'm having the same issues with the A/C it worked perfect and now, hardly nothing in temperature drop. As previous posts have suggested, it's cooler with the windows open. It's got plenty of gas. I wondered if the bottom of the condensor (fins) are blocked with crud and if this would have severe affect.

Any help appreciated.

• 3 years later...

Just seen this topic. I had the same problem with my mirrors not folding when I held the lock button down. The fix for me was to lower the driver's window then raise it to fully closed. and hold the window button for a couple of seconds. Not sure why this works but it does so I thought I would post it here for anyone else who has this problem.

If I were to complain about the aircon it would be that its too cold. It gets the air in the car cold but keeps going too long because it sees the interior panels are still hot (I think). Freezes my hands!. 

The reason the window thing works: the folding mirrors are related to the auto opening / closing of the windows from the fob. If the windows have lost their calibration (knowing where the top and bottom limits are) it disables the auto opening closing, which by association stops the fold from the fob. Software, eh?