Yeti bonnet bra

Truthseeker

I have venture shield on mine undetectable, bonnet bras case more harm than good fact , they are abrasive to paintwork

I wear the missus' bra on occasion and I have to agree, they are abrasive and chafe a little, oh BONNET bra? Now I'm with you.
  • Like 3

Well done guys, for getting sorted. This Yeti forum is kinda noted for being non-confrontational and disagreeable, so it os brilliant that we are all, once again, in a bit of harmony - even if we DO have differing ideas about what's right!!!

And let's KEEP it that way. Brill.

• Like 2

Apology gracefully accepted. I used to customise and show cars all over Europe (in the late 80's) so I do know a little bit about "modifications". Very, very tempted to "Pimp" the Yeti, but at aged 60 might not go down to well with Mrs Truth-seaker. Might just do that bonnet wrap though (been quoted £150).

I quite like the the black bonnet - mind you I'm probably not the one to pay attention to cos I'd quite like the panels to be different colours, a bit like the VW Polo(?) Limited edition that was produced a while ago.

I think if I had the money to experiment then that's what I'd do - again somewhere on this Forum were 'spy' pictures of the new Yeti with a camouflage pattern front and rear to break up/disguise the shape - I quite liked the pattern and would definitely have it all over the car!

So they have reintroduced this model, years down the line you could get any wing or door from a scrapie to match :giggle:

Your message inbox is full Silver 1011, delete some or go FREEDOM GREEN , thoght you might pop down to the Yorkshire meet to put a face to the name http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/239926-yorkshire-meet-17-th-june-2012-at-12-noon/

I know many of the Golf GTi clan use these - especially those into Concours competitions; they also seem popular with VW camper van owners (especially the air cooled lot), who seem to own the slow lane on motorways at weekends

Oi! I happen to have one of the aforementioned water cooled vw camper vans (with bonnet bra). I'll have you know that the water cooled vans will happily cruise at 80 or so. I think you're getting us mixed up with the air cooled boys who can manage 50 downhill if there's a following wind.

:p

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah, sorry so you did. :rolleyes:

Camped next to a t5 california the other weekend but the owner reckoned my home made conversion was better. Both excellent vans though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

As "Speedsport" has stated "I don't see the point in knocking someone who wants to fit one" - wish I had never posted.

Think I will just take it off and get a carbon fibre bonnet wrap done instead on my white Yeti as can be seen here http://www.superskoda.com/images/Plasty/yet-frdif2.jpg.

Should look good with the black Matterhorn alloys. Might even stick on some black 22's with a set of coil-overs. That should satisfy the show and shine brigade!

I have to admit, I like the look of the carbon wrap on the skoda in the link, I wonder what it would look like on a F/L outdoor model in white.

I have to admit, I like the look of the carbon wrap on the skoda in the link, I wonder what it would look like on a F/L outdoor model in white.

Wow! That's a blast from the past. Hope it doesn't start the same agro though.

Fred

Holy thread revival batman.

Welcome to Briskoda bty the way :sun: