New bits added to my Yeti --- New Skoda emblem too!

vertigo_blues

Package arrived from Skodaparts.com .

dsc03514d.jpg

Fitting the font mudguard is no brainer, 3 torx screw required for each flap. Done in less then 10 mins.

Before

dsc03516.jpg

After

dsc03520g.jpg

Here comes the exciting part. The fitment of the new emblem!!

Grille is out....i did the carbon fibre wrap using 3M di-noc couple of weeks back.

dsc03521e.jpg

Do take note that this emblem is meant for Skoda Citigo and dimension is 90mm wide. The extruded nipple is for Citigo alignment and what it means to me is that i need to get rid of 2 nipples before i fit it to my yeti's grille.

Here comes the dremel!!! to remove the 2 nipples.....

dsc03525eh.jpg

All done...for your viewing pleasure!

dsc03534o.jpg

Edited by vertigo_blues
  • Like 1

I got as far as the Dremel to remove the two nipples and couldn't manage any further 'cos of tears in my eyes...

Haha... Its a painful ordeal that no one in the right mind would do it....dremel ..nipples.. It simply does not go hand in hand..

It's a front and rear mod I'd like to carry out - once the new badges appear on the Yeti...no sign as yet :(

Liking the new badge emblem,have you changed the rear one?

Not yet for the rear one though im not sure if there's 110mm sized emblem available to order as of now... Currently using Citigo's fromt emblem and its rear emblem is a 90mm flat version so it can't fit the yeti's back side.

Very nice. I do like bling :thumbup:

Got the underbonnet pad, glasses case, and coat hangar from SkodaParts, the chrome rings for the front lights from Superskoda (who I rate, but shipping can be expensive), and the rear bumper trim from my own dealer. The car was a demo vehicle and came with mudflaps, spare wheel, and nets, so I think that will be it for me.

I just love that carbon effect grill and the new badge. Glad I viewed the forum today as I was going to remove the grill in the morning and take to be shot blasted then painted matt black - but your way looks so much better, and it can revert back to chrome when sell. Like you, I wanted to de-badge so have sourced some Skoda VRS alloy wheel centre emblems (to cover up the standard Skoda ones) and a rear "Bigfoot" badge for the rear (Superskoda http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-rear-emblem-cover-MONSTER-FOOTSTEP-Glossy-Black-V3-WHITE )

Was the front upper grill easy to remove?

Anyway, like you I love a bit of "Pimping" (used to customise/show cars in my younger days - but still hold a torch for the art).

PS: also fitted VRS (Octavia) badge to rear and front - again from Superskoda (by the way they are top people and very helpful).

Truthseeker,

The front grille removal is quite an easy task. U need a torx screwdriver and a flat head screw driver. Torx to remove the securing screw for the grille located underneath the emblem, the flat head screw driver to nudge the securing grille tabs off(be gentle- i broke 1 of the tabs). As for the emblem, use the flat head to nudge it out of the adhesive from the holes on the back of the grille. Hope u have fun pimping away...do share pics once its done! :)

Edited by vertigo_blues

I uploaded a photo I took myself of my Yeti fitted with a bonnet bra but deleted the photo because of the negative replies I was getting (see edit in following post).

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240434-yeti-bonnet-bra/

I do however believe you, as I cannot upload now, but how did I manage it before, as it was not from a photo hosting site?

http://www.briskoda....yeti-bonnet-bra

I do believe you as I can't upload now, but I did originally post a photo of my Yeti with a bonnet bra fitted (not from a photo hosting site). I since deleted photo (see edit details) because of negative comments I was receiving (justified I since realised).

Edited by Truthseeker

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this. I'm not sure at what angle it should be. Maybe there's a secret code?

Looks good like that, where did you get it from? Is that part of the Chevy we can see in the reflection?