Android Torque app & Skoda Fabia's....

Has anyone successfully connected the Andriod app 'Torque' via a bluetooth OBD2 adapter to their Fabia?

I'm trying to ascertain if my BT adapter is faulty or whether the Fabia isn't obd2 compliant?.

Or maybe even the car ECU is faulty as my Vag-com usb and VCDS crashed trying to read the ECU and now that won't work anymore either. (Full format and fresh installation is in progress for car laptop).

Cheers,

Dan

Yeah I have the ELM372 adapter too.

So, it's either the adapter at fault or the ECU.

Anyone local to York with this app to test my adapter on their car and vice versa?

Cheers,

Dan

Just to add, my car is 1.4 8v.

Edited by Dj4man

Try disconnecting the battery, put the main +'ive (going to the car not from the battery lol) to the earth then reconnect.

I find sometimes my ecu has blocked vagcom (usually when playing with channel 46) and doing this allows me back in.

I live nearby, Dj4man, if you want to PM me. I haven't got a bluetooth ELM adapter - mine's USB, but it works fine on my 2003 1.4 TDI, so we should easily be able to see whether your adapter/car are compatible.

Hey I'm in York.

I use an ELM327 on mine (pretty much the same as a fabia) so you're welcome to try my adapter/phone out with yours and vice versa.

I also has VCDS lite with usb adapter and a serial adapter and VDS pro if you wanna try anything else.

Phil

• Like 1

Yep I've got the torque app (Full version) and two bluetooth OBDs things from ebay. One lives in my R32, and the other in my Fabia. No problems with either!

You do need to pair the ODB dongle (like you would a bluetooth handsfree) on your phone, via the phone's bluetooth menu, and then punch in the pin before torque app recognises the dongle...

It's quite a good app to play with once it's all working

also you need to enable the OBD2 in the torque app settings too i found (full version)

GTI fly, how do you get the cubby hole cover closed on your fabia? i cant close mine when the dongle is fitted

also you need to enable the OBD2 in the torque app settings too i found (full version)

GTI fly, how do you get the cubby hole cover closed on your fabia? i cant close mine when the dongle is fitted

I've unclipped the cubby hole completely.

• 9 months later...

Bump, anyone having issues with scanning using elm bluetooth and torque app? I should have a fault code but torque app saying non.

Reset codes and reading everything else (boost, Rev, etc) works.. Am I missing something?

I have vagcom but lent cable to a friend which I can't get back anytime soon doh. Laptop doesn't have bluetooth..

I've got the cheapo eBay one (black body blue layer with 5 led lights).

I'm wondering if I need to invest on a more expensive model to read the fault codes..

Then again I can read the O2 sensors, boost, etc etc. I would've thought it comes from the same data route?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

I found that a similar OBD2 (Cheap £15 ebay special) reader would not work on VAG group cars earlier than june (ish) 2000. Something to do with the OBD2/CAN BUS not being ISO9141-2 compliant, which later vehicles are.

So it may be due to the age of your vehicle.

For example it mine did not work on:

1999 Octavia classic 1.9TDI

2000 Fabia Comfort 1.4 MPI

but did work on

2000 Fabia Elegance 1.4 16V - (Certain parts were stamped July 2000, car was first registered in August 2000)

2001 Fabia Comfort 1.4 MPI.

just my two pence. :happy:

edit: just realised this was an old thread someone bumped :rofl: :rofl: