Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

Just picked up my black manual hatch today and had a really enjoyable drive home even though it was hammering down the whole time! My boss dropped me off in his Golf R32 and looked very impressed when the dealer drove the car round to the forecourt. He said it looked way better than he thought it would.

I asked the dealer how many were left and he reckons a few blue DSG's was all that was left. No white and no black. Whether he was tellling the truth or not is another matter! :wonder:

Beautiful car to drive though :rofl:

I HATE you ! :devil: :devil: lol

Where's my car!!!??

How long is reasonable to wait before asking for compensation of some kind?

i got the standard '2 weeks' to help me to sign up and pay a deposit, and now it looks more like 4 weeks...

It seems everyone in this thread is experiencing similar delays and frustration :rain:

Really enjoying mine... great quality with plenty of fun, and even some practicality!

On the practical front anyone know if you can get silver door sill kick plates for the rear, as my kids are in/out of the back of the car all the time, I am keen to keep things looking good, even investing some money in the right cleaning gear, and reading up on detailing (my previous cars got a bucket and sponge!)

flyinglizard - good work on the BT setup and mic install, how did you go about finding the right people for the job? Skoda/local installer etc. Any concerns about warranty.

I HATE you ! :devil: :devil: lol

Where's my car!!!??

You surely can't have more than a few days left at the most... I can't see how it could be anymore than that, otherwise it's just taking the p*ss how you've had to wait so long.

oh, 200+ miles away. In all honesty the stereo removal is the hardest bit. There is plenty of room to pass a wire under the dash to the fuse box and then up the door behind the rubber seal, you can then use a ruler to poke the wire into the roof lining. Pop off interior ligh, 2 screws in the housing and then feed the mic to the whole and mount into the light housing.

There is a guide to removing the stereo on here too

HTH

where did you get your mic from?

You surely can't have more than a few days left at the most... I can't see how it could be anymore than that, otherwise it's just taking the p*ss how you've had to wait so long.

I waited over 6 weeks, and I was one of the first on here to sign up for one in August.

I've been told by my dealer to expect mine (white estate) late next week. If its any later than that then the dealer may have an issue because I shall be abroad for a fortnight and wont be able to pick it up until I get back.

Apparently Skoda have a 10 day rule meaning the dealer must deliver it to the buyer within 10 days of receiving it. Otherwise Skoda get suspicious about the dealer stockpiling cars with the 20% vat discount in order to sell them on at a later date.

We'll see what happens over the next few days.

If I must pick the car up just before going on holiday i,'ll be concerned about having to leave it unattended on the drive for the first 2 weeks of me owning it!

Ok. I'll make sure im happy with how its supposed to work. Generally its a case of undoing a few torx screws and prizing off the surround nice and gently. Shouldnt be too difficult.

Pretty much. Have had mine out half a dozen times and its pretty easy. Removing the top box also helps as you can see down for putting the wires away when you're done

Was it a blue DSG petrol hatch by any chance? If it was it's mine awaiting fitment of the black Neptunes. ;-)

It was a blue DSG hatch but it was the Blackline

looks lovely in black. damn it, it looks lovely in all the colours!

Are Octavia VRS rare? I have seen maybe 3 -4 in the last 2 - 3 weeks and that included a 400 mile round journey to get mine! I love it, it gets many glances :kiss:

• Like 1

Apparently mine is still in Emden and the dealer seems to be loosing interest.

Mine has been at Emden port for more than a week and missed 2 boats. Hoping it came off last one that docked yesterday but who knows. I've also paid for a few extra bits to be painted so that will delay it even more.

Its frustrating for us all who are waiting. Personally i've not bought a brand new car for many years and i'm used to waiting only a few days for my new cars..

Edited by sly200sx

Apparently mine is still in Emden and the dealer seems to be loosing interest.

I'm curious to know why you say your dealer is losing interest. Certainly my dealer doesn't seem to be very pro-active in chasing.

Likewise, always bought used before. Hoping the next batch have arrived, they must all be just about in the UK now. Trying to privately sell my Astra Twintop has been an interesting, just dealers offering peanuts.

Mine has been at Emden port for more than a week and missed 2 boats. Hoping it came off last one that docked yesterday but who knows. I've also paid for a few extra bits to be painted so that will delay it even more.

Its frustrating for us all who are waiting. Personally i've not bought a brand new car for many years and i'm used to waiting only a few days for my new cars..

Yep same here - missed the last 2 ships. Yours is coming into Sheerness right? If so there is 2 more trips this week. One on Friday and one on Sunday. I have been assured that it will be on one of those ships. To give you an idea my Blackline has been sat in Emden waiting for shipping for 12 days.

Phone SUK on Monday morning to establish whether yours made it one of of them.

I'm just off the phone to Skoda UK.

My dealer told me yesterday that my Blackline was sat in Emden, however could be on a boat as they rely on someone over in Germany updating the system.

Skoda however informed me that it is actually at port in the UK, never said which one, and the dealer would be in contact once they receive it. I'm delighted with that news, finally some progress. Does anyone know how long it typically takes from UK port to dealership?

Also, the dealer had my father in laws for 4 days before letting him know they had it with them, hoping they don't do that with me.

• Like 1

Picked mine up on Monday morning. Black manual with rear privacy. Already had a few comments from other drivers. Hopefully it will be as reliable as my last one, standard blue vrs.

• Like 1