It's arrived...more pics

DMilsey

Well after waiting what felt like a life time, when in reality it's no time, i finally picked up my Fab Monte Carlo. Took it for an hour spin this morning and gotta say i love it!!! makes a great noise loads of tourqe and so far average 40mpg :) Very happy bunny...

Quick pic, ill take some better ones later..

fab.jpg

Dave

Edited by DMilsey
  • Like 1

Ive got a 11 plate 86hpm1.2 love it, its just hit 20,000miles.

47mpg is highest ive seen yet but normal average between 36 to 45mpg depending on length or trip/ route used.

Very good sounded engine when driven but a bit like a sowing machine on idle lol

Cheers guys, the red looks so much more vibrant in life :). Ive just came back from TRAX at Silverstone circuit, really happy with it average 55mpg=very very happy, considering there was abit of playful overtaking on the motorway and between islands near Silverston. Not happy about all the dirty water marks all down the side from the wet motorway....

Ill have some rolling shots later, which i will share :)

Dave

The red when polished does look very nice for a solid colour, i do have images on my ipad but dunno how to upload.

The longest run ive been on was 30miles in motorway and got to 45ish so i guess on a long run i could get in to 50s

But i bought to replace a 05 Corsa 1.3CDTi which on the same trip did around 50mpg so considering the difference is cost of fuel im not that outta pocket if at all. Which is nice :)

Cheers guys, ill sort some better photos out soon. Forgot to say this is the 105ps model so really suprised with mpg figures, in saying that i reset and took swmbo parents for a quick sprint and it dropped to 33 average...

be interesting to see how the mpg changes as the car ages, hard to see how it could get much better to be honest, its pretty damn good now!!

Still had no time to take pics :( boo

Dave

On my 30mile commute home 48MPG

another great looking Monte, there seems to be a lot of talk about reed being the most popular colour but on my travels I've only seen 2 (1 silver in france and 1 white) but no red ones?

On a recent trip to Coventry stadium from my home (54 miles) my average was a shocking 64mpg!!! and some of that I drove it like I stole it, but my 11 mile commute is around 51 mpg.

this is the 105 TDi

Edited by tempra007