My Monte

CRASH67

Tbh ive had one or two ask me if it was a VRS lol

It does need to drop a little. But handles well enough for as she stands so not suremif i want to interfear with it.

Tbh i did have a go in the salesman's VRS when the dealer refurbed my wheels and I quite like the DSG, but i cant help but think how many more they may of sold with a Manual option too.

With all Dsg people "Play with the paddles" on the test drive and for two weeks in, then they just use it as an automatic, I like to feel part of the driving experience, otherwise it is just like driving a dogem, did that from the age of 8 !

Yeah i see what your saying.

For me the idea of being able to use it like a manaul for lanes or sunday morning blasts great, but then revert to full auto for built up areas would suit me.

But i can see why many others would feel "disconnected" but then its the same old thing of preferences. I thing the next generation Fabia VRS should offer TDi and petrol options as well as DSG and manuals like the Octavia does.

I was suprised no tdi varient was offered due to the sucess of the MK1 i can only asume it was either the fact the 2.0 TDI doesnt fit the hold, and that a sufficent power/econmy could be achieve from the 1.6 version? Or may VW wouldnt let skoda ??? Im not to sure, butna shame either way.

Butniffering DSG only models was only ever going narrow their customer base on the VRS

What did you use to get it that shinny

Basically as ive only had it two weeks and was given a good valet and polish i just washed, rinished and dryied.

Then used a quick detailer/wax. With a microfibre cloth. Spray on wipe off. Section at a time. Also if you havenpainted wheels grab a old grubby cloth and do the same works a treat. I have a close of the roof despite being black it gives off a near mirror like effect.

Very nice. :thumbup:

Seen a few of these in the flesh and do love them. Never seen a race blue Monte though.

Race blue isnt avalible on a monte only VRS gets that :)

best colour combo ;) (non biast opinion) :p

Dave...

Haha yep. Altho it was the orignal colours before they started releasing the others. Im pretty sure the first few months or so only red was avalible lol

• 2 weeks later...

Monte is certainly a better looking car than the vRS, and my personal preference is for all black.

Most people who come to our house will pick the wifes Monte over my vRS as it has a more aggressive appearance. Plus the vRS in race blue with the white roof and wheel combo is not everyones choice (but it is mine :)).

As to the dsg, i would have preferred a manual with three pedals, but when you do want to have fun there are the paddles and of course you can slip it into manual and then you have both paddles and the ability of using the gear selector to flip up and down as you choose.

Certainly after 18 months i am still using mine this way. In respect of the paddles, i would have preferred them to be fixed rather than on the steering wheel, can make changing gear on a roundabout interesting.