Dave's Fabia 1.4 16v

Goblin

Okay guys it's not going to be a full project thread as I don't intend to do too much to it (famous last words!), but thought I'd share it and some of the tweaks as I go along.

Picked it up last Wednesday for £1200, 57600 on the clock or something close, full history and documented TB change, and it's the 100 bhp one too, so quick enough for a 20 year old just come out of a 1.0 Polo!

Got it back to my folks' in Rochdale where it got a quick wash and wax

b63ca2d9.jpg

Going over the bodywork, the paint's smooth as can be, and there's around 3 or 4 marks on it tops!

Also discovered the full size alloy spare, again, pretty much mint condition :)

a2295798.jpg

So far it's had MTEC Cosmo Blue bulbs fitted and I nicked the LEDs from the plate lights on my mum's Polo (I paid for them to be fair!) and put them in

25c00cf4.jpg

Also hit a landmark this morning when leaving for work :)

a72edb91.jpg

Could resist these sneaky two either when I got in tonight, I love a reflection shot :) Sorry about the crappy quality though, didn't have the camera with me

69f1bbb2.jpg

465a6ba2.jpg

You can just about see the original Car of the Year 2000 sticker too :p That'll be gone when the windows are tinted though :(

Not really sure what I want to do with it really, not lowering it though, not practical for some of the places I go and I don't wanna pay the extra insurance. Going to have the rears tinted, shark fin aerial and a double din sat nav / stereo in there. Might try and get some sport or VRS alloys when the Avons on it have had enough (they look pretty new though :( ) Needs a new flip key too. Errm, can't really think of anything else.

Debadge the Fabia badge. Yes or no?

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally got a bit more done today, been a mix of good and bad. First off I've managed to get my aerial base gasket replace audit was stuffed and falling to bits.

Before:

7D251EF6-AD48-4444-AA70-4064F6A88AF2-587-000000556D5E861A_zps1693117a.jpg

Off the car:

515FDF26-1360-46C1-85A4-606AB96A5554-587-00000055ABDBF46F_zps09116f4b.jpg

Nice new one:

C1D47A7C-5757-4E22-B66C-4F1F0019407F-587-0000005577244906_zps06f63dd4.jpg

Next job was to debadge as one of the As of Fabia was loose anyway and fell off somewhere between Rotherham and Rochdale last night. Used lots of boiled water and maplin adhesive remover and they came off nicely, though a lovely 'FABIA' shaped etch of missing paint has been left... ****! Not the end of the world, going to get my old man on the case, he looks after my basses and his guitars and does awesome repairs, so car paint won't be too different, besides after winter I've got a mate who's offered to detail it for me which will help matters. Here's what I've been left with:

5C1FE092-E9A3-42EE-A8B4-CA25C0FA6D29-587-00000055905B0A4D_zps8884f504.jpg

Next stop was the cabin filter as the fan was alright but not great. Took the cover off and this is what happened:

1C769B03-7D05-4B05-A7C0-B07797041FAA-587-00000055A2504A10_zps3bc7b950.jpg

And old vs new (Amazingly got this one from Halfrauds!)

2488A7EF-48DD-4685-BF16-EB4A17FD1AB4-587-0000005597D1FEB4_zpsdf73f195.jpg

Well that explains a lot :lol:

Also had a proper look at why my door puddle lights aren't working. Turns out F5 fuse is completely blown, so that's a job for tomorrow once Autoglass have sorted my windscreen. Future plans are LEDs around the interior lights, window tints, new reg plates and possibly a W8 light.

• Like 1

Hello tints!

IMG_1712_zps43f05f57.jpg

IMG_1713_zpsc05a74f2.jpg

IMG_1710_zpsc5ed3b4a.jpg

and one with new dealer reg plates

IMG_1711_zps23c4754e.jpg

Had the work done at MK Windowfilms upon recommendation from a mate of mine, and I couldn't recommend them any higher! Dropped the car off at 8 this morning and it was done by 11, really friendly guys, Johnson film and they've given lifetime warranty on the work too. Ended up going for a 5% light allowance, so the windows are pretty much pitch black on the outside. Looks a lot better than I was expecting :)

Yeah I'm thinking that myself, I'll probably find myself going for a 9N3 wiper. This one's got a brand new blade on it though, I at least want to get my money's worth, being a student an'all that ;)

Well I got back from uni band rehearsals and discovered Father Postman's been and has brought presents

Nice quick one to do:

IMG_1718_zpsf730ebe3.jpg

This also came, 30 pin connector and 3.5mm jack, routed from the front of the centre console up behind the stereo, so no trailing wires, sound quality is much improved too!

IMG_1719_zpsc78ef80f.jpg

Also got a new flip key case as mine was a bit uhm, well used.

In between - absolute nightmare, batteries were different size to the ones in the original key and nail polish remover required to remove immobiliser chip, cue using spare key to go out and forgetting car has an alarm, in a closed car park. Still got the tinnitus on the go :(

IMG_1716_zps944af9ab.jpg

Before and after:

IMG_1721_zpsbacd17f9.jpg

IMG_1722_zpse572a80e.jpg

Not really going to be doing much more for now, going to sort a dock for my phone, got some LEDs for the interior on order too. I'll probably look at one or two other cosmetic tweaks at some point too, but we'll see what happens. Buying a Glastonbury ticket on Sunday so godda watch the budget :p

When I had my W reg (Registered July 2000) 100bhp Elegance, it came with a Flip key, but i didnt have TCS, i was then told it was a standard on Elegance models. Seems the very early fabias, i.e. first year or so were very baffling indeed

It could be because yours is a Comfort which is a slightly lower spec one, whereas mine and Taylor93 have / had Elegances. They're baffling specs though definitely, as mine's not got the ASR either, though it does have the heated seats which some of them didn't have.

• Like 1

Ahh I've got heated mirrors too :) I'm just trying to sort out a decent bluetooth stereo at the moment, as I've discovered that iphones don't output calls through the 30pin connector. I can get a bluetooth module that goes into the rear aux port, but would that mean I lose my rear aux or could I put a splitter on it and use it for both?

Cheers man, I'll go have a look at them :) Just popped down to Halfrauds, not a right lot of interest. The Philips one with the built in dock looks like a good idea, but the fascia ain't removable. With cars being broken into where I'm living at the moment, not really an option for me