Timing Belt kit?

wilsonian

Hello,

I'm looking at changing my timing belt over the next few months and have noticed a fair few different kits with different prices.

The car is a 07 Fabia vRS SE. Can anyone point my in the right direction as to which kit is best to buy?

Also I intend to replace the coolant fluid bottle (due to the common sensor issue). Is there anything else I should replace while doing the timing belt (besides the water pump).

Thanks,

Paul.

old trick, call into skoda and make an enquiry into what timing belt kit is required for your model of car, then make notes of part numbers or get a printout off the parts department, get a price what they will sell to you so you have a price to cross reference with other prices, i paid for skoda to replace mine ie belts tensioners and water pump, cost £326. all parts got skoda cover for 12months. took a couple of hours to do though.

Hello,

I'm looking at changing my timing belt over the next few months and have noticed a fair few different kits with different prices.

The car is a 07 Fabia vRS SE. Can anyone point my in the right direction as to which kit is best to buy?

Also I intend to replace the coolant fluid bottle (due to the common sensor issue). Is there anything else I should replace while doing the timing belt (besides the water pump).

Thanks,

Paul.

Ill do it for u bud £250 incl. Gen skoda parts if u bob over the penines 2 wakefield on a satdy mornin ;) ...

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a site that sells the timing belt kit and water pump that are geniuine parts?

Also is it normal for a company to ask for a return of your old water pump? Make me think the ones they sell are rebuilds rather than new parts.

Edited by wilsonian
  • Like 1

The Gates kit was used when mine was replaced, obviously had no problems with it.

I've heard some 3rd party water pumps are better than Skoda as they have a metal impeller instead of a plastic Skoda one.

Genuine parts give you two years warranty, does a gates kit from a motor factors?

Do they give you two years warranty if you fit it yourself? (the OP plans to do it himself).........I doubt it, surely only if a VAT registered garage fits it.

That being the case.......save £50 and get a gates kit.

If something does have an issue who you going to get better service from, a dealer or an online supplier or motor factors?

In my experience, certainly not the dealer.