The waiting room (for a factory order)

Phoned the dealer tonight to pay the final part of my deposit and was told mine was scheduled for build week 45 which should be w/c 5th November. He seemed surprised about how quick this had been scheduled bearing in mind I placed the order on the 5th October.

Anyway, she's on the system, that's the main thing. Gonna be a long 3 months though!

May have to chase my dealer again then if you guys are getting updates (I've had none). They must be ramping up production of the mk2 (factory orders and run out stock) so they can switch to the mk3, I think I read they're looking to switch over November time.

Ordered mine the end of August and was told end of Oct/Start of Nov for delivery but i can wait to register it in Jan so I will have a 2013 plate.

vRS CR Hatch

Platin Grey

Leather

Mobile Device Interface

Automatic folding mirrors

Heated washer nozzles

Alarm

VRS CR Hatch

Race Blue

Alcantara Trim

Reversing sensors

Curtain airbags

spare wheel

Ordered 10th September and hoping it's not 16 weeks!! (Dealer said 8 to 12) :happy:

Well I had a pleasant surprise today when my dealer told me a confirmed build date of week 42 next week and expected registration for start of november. Looking like a 8/9 week process which is quick. This does seem to reinforce the idea they are clearing the decks for the Octavia 3 by building remainng orders as quick as they can :dance:

Edited by ima

Hi,

it seems there are a good few of us waiting on factory orders, I thought it'd be nice if we all shared what we've ordered and the current status of it.

So I'll start off

• VRS TSI Hatch
  • Race Blue
  • Xenon
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Maxidot
  • Alicantara trim

Ordered 15th September, advice given was 12-16 weeks (so hopefully will be in it before new year). Still waiting on a build week

After phoning Skoda CS Unconfirmed build date of wk43

Well I had a pleasant surprise today when my dealer told me a confirmed build date of week 42 next week and expected registration for start of november. Looking like a 8/9 week process which is quick. This does seem to reinforce the idea they are clearing the decks for the Octavia 3 by building remainng orders as quick as they can :dance:

I am also build week 42, so not long now. :happy:

• Like 1

Indeed but you can't always live your life waiting for the next thing. I'm happy with what I'm getting and the deal. Should mean four or so years enjoyable motoring. Never know the octavia 3 FL VRS may be out by then

Edited by IMT

Hi,

it seems there are a good few of us waiting on factory orders, I thought it'd be nice if we all shared what we've ordered and the current status of it.

So I'll start off

• VRS TSI Hatch
  • Race Blue
  • Xenon
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Maxidot
  • Alicantara trim

Ordered 15th September, advice given was 12-16 weeks (so hopefully will be in it before new year). Still waiting on a build week

Just got off the phone to Skoda CS. Build date of next week confirmed.

So 5 weeks from order date. Hopefully only around 4 weeks till delivery.

????

Think I must have got one of the last factory orders - unless you know different!!

Ordered 20th Oct

• vRS CR Hatch
  • White
  • Black Alloys
  • Xenon
  • Maxidot
  • Alcantara trim
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor and light assistant

No build date as yet, but confirmed factory order :happy: Dealer told me February, but is hoping for January

Edited by Big P

Think I must have got one of the last factory orders - unless you know different!!

Ordered 20th Oct

• vRS CR Hatch
  • White
  • Black Alloys
  • Xenon
  • Maxidot
  • Alcantara trim
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor and light assistant

No build date as yet, but confirmed factory order :happy: Dealer told me February, but is hoping for January

Why did u not just order a Blackline? Unless it was for the auto wiper and lights?

Why did u not just order a Blackline? Unless it was for the auto wiper and lights?

Was too late for a Blackline :sweat:, dealer said only a DSG estate left.

I wasn't going to change yet - was waiting for the new shape, but VAT free, £500 deposit and free servicing was too tempting in the end.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that, not long now then :D

Then it still has to get over, mine was build wk43, it's reckoned to be with me wk48/49

I was build week 42 and I pick mine up on Tuesday the 6th of Nov from the dealer, so not to bad as this is build week 45 but could have got it at the end of last week.

Edited by themul

I was build week 42 and I pick mine up on Tuesday the 6th of Nov from the dealer, so not to bad as this is build week 45 but could have got it at the end of last week.

Hope all is well tomorrow mate.

• Like 1

Spoke to the dealer who is expecting to receive it sometime this week,

hoping I'll be picking it up next week

The long wait is almost over!

Here's hoping

Just got off the phone to Skoda CS. Build date of next week confirmed.

So 5 weeks from order date. Hopefully only around 4 weeks till delivery.

????

Arrived at Sheerness this morning!! It's getting nearer!