Now Thats Service!

FabiaTDi

Just driven gingerly to my local Skoda dealer with my brake lights not working... fortunately no one went into the back of me!

Problem being a faulty brake light switch.

Less than 10 minutes later I was back on the road with the new part fitted! I hadn't pre-booked the car in btw.

All done under waranty and I was really impressed at the quick service. :)

had the same thing yesterday had a chap from gt yarmouth up here on holiday rung up 3.00pm with engine managment light on booked in for 4.00 pm away from garage at 4.15pm with new brake light switvh and not even one of our customers now thats service for ya!

My dealer will sometimes do that kind of thing for really small things. However, there is the opposite when I had to wait 3 weeks for my new turbo, and I'm currently at 2+ weeks for my new c/l on the drivers door ( still unlocking on passenger side :mad: ) Hoping this Friday will be THE day for the fitting.

However, they do have a waiting room with one of the biggest widescreen tellies I've seen for a while (watched Henman lose on it when I was last there) plus they offer you free lollies/coffee whatever you want really, to a point. ( they do have a quite fetching receptionist :o;) )

My dealer's been excellent too. And he's part of a huge VAG dealership with separate VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda dealers, so it's got nothing to do with being small and/or independent (although that is usually a plus). To make it even more remarkable, the VW and Audi branches of the group are widely renowned for their arrogant customer treatment and bad service...

yes i can if its a diesel then the glow plug flashes at you if its a petrol then the engine managment warning light comes on the reason these lights come on is because the brake (and clutch peadl) have switches on the brake pedal switch it has 4 wires 2 for brake lights and 2 for engine ecu so to cut a long story short the purpose is when braking/changing gear the engine ecu reduces fuel mixture to provide better emmisions. ( i know for fact you can do this on an octavia diesel but haven't tried on other models if you travel along and just rest your foot on brake pedal (enough to put lights on) the the engine will die to about 1500rpm)

So in that case does this system rely on the brake lights to actually be working in order for this emmisions control to work itself?

I've read somewhere that by removing the brake light circuit fuse you can disable this system also. (although you wont have any brake lights working!:eek: )

I suppose that this system also means you cant do any left foot braking then?

Its a good warning system all the same! :)

Hmm - I just went to get my lock sorted, and it now turns out I need a new barrel. They've removed the barrel from the driver's door now, so the key just spins in the lock - quite funny if I forget to use the passenger side. SO, another couple of weeks before I get this done now... :( Its a good job I need the exercise walking around to the other side of the car! :rolleyes:

The Elegance Tdi comes with remote central locking. I thought the Comfort came with r/c/l as well it just wasn't as smart as the Elegances with 2 clicks to open all doors, a boot open feture on the key etc. I thought it was similar to the key on the Ambiente Octavia.

Mine came with the R/CL.

I think they made some changes to the Fabia Comfort spec.

I dont get the key fob operated boot release though (only inside the car) and it can be programmed to do the 2 clicks thing, its just not standard on the comfort but is on the elegance for some reason.

You also get nice shiny chrome door lock pins!