Have money to spend...what on?

stevenh

14 members have voted

1. 1. What would you spend the money on?

• Remap
    • Coilovers
    • Dent repair
    • Other?

Due to working in Glasgow, I am able to claim travel expenses which, as well as covering my fuel costs, also leave a bit over to spend on car maintenance.

Recently, I have fitted 4 new Uniroyal Rainsport 2s, and only a couple of weeks ago had both the console bushes and front wishbone bushes replaced with Powerflex versions. I fitted some nice steel wheels last week which has changed the look of the car a fair bit.

Next on the agenda is discs and pads all round as the car sat for a year, not used much the year before I bought it which has resulted in the discs being a bit rusted up (beyond repair) plus i'd like to know they have been replaced for peace of mind.

After that, my backbox has a large hole in the outer skin, so I have decided to go for a Mufflerectomy.

Then I will probably find myself with around £250-£300 to spend and this is where I am a bit stumped.

One route is to buy some JOM coilovers, but I guess I would need to factor in fitting, and alignment on top of this (plus additional insurance costs) but I cannot deny the prospect of dropping the car a bit does appeal.

Second option is a remap - thinking either Shark or Angel Tuning - I have a Shark dealer very local to me! Obviously additional insurance attached to this one as well.

Third option is something I have been holding off getting done - I parked my car up in Linlithgow last year when I got the train thru to Glasgow. It was not over anyones drive or anything, but when I got back to it, I found some cretin had taken a kick to both my drivers side doors.

The dent has stretched the skin over the crash bar so a cheaper paintless repair is not an option - I have been quoted around £240 to get the job done.

So, do I get the car up to scratch, or continue to mod and live with the dents for the timebeing (I am a little less worried about picking up further dings when it is already dented - if I get it fixed, i'm worried i'll get all "precious" again :D).

There is also the small matter of a RARB and Team Heko wind deflectors....

Decisions, decisions - just for fun, what would YOU do in my shoes?

Get it looking beautiful.

The dent would be my first stop. In all honesty none of us get to drive like a racing driver, and having no dents is the only thing on that list that actually increases the value to a lay person!

I voted other and recommend the 312mm brake setup you can buy off ebay. costs around £270 I think but well worth the money. I wouldn't bother with a remap until you have a good way of stopping your self.