My suspension questions

Thought i'd start a new topic :D

On the 2nd of June JBS are attempting the impossible, fitting the Seat Sport OMP Lower Strut Brace to my car at the same as getting it lowered (25mm Eibach's).

My question is :eek:, will it be tail happy? I could potentially end up with the Front Upper & Lower Strut Brace and im worried that with the Eibach's there will be very little pitch and roll, but also very little understeer, meaning that if I egg that little bit too much the rear will just go and either me or my car could be :RIP: (obvious answer of drive slower need not repond here), what I dont want is to loose the in built safety factor that the suspension has that warns you when you are getting close to the limits (understeer/oversteer).

What does everyone think? is it worth looking into the Rear Upper Strut Brace if so which company manufactures them and do you think it'd become too much of a "track car"?

Why is that impossible?

Will it be tail happy? No its still front wheel drive..lol

You will notice more understeer id say from my experiance and like most VAG FWD cars if you chuck it in to fast and lift off you will get oversteer.

1) the car will have less roll, but still has alot by hothatch standards..

2)when pushed it will just understeer... but youll loose confidence in the suspension before that happens.

3) not sure a rear strut brace would make any difference.. due to it being a nose heavy car.

My experience (non-vRS) is that the car will still understeer if you push it too hard, but you end up moving the limit and I've only got understeer being silly on wet roundabouts :D I don't have a rear strut brace, but would consider it to try and get rid of body roll, although I don't know how much difference it would realistically make. Erik @ AAT sells all 3, but I think the one Carjacked Mike made is less intrusive and means you can still use the car's boot! ;)

Chris

Thought i'd start a new topic :D

On the 2nd of June JBS are attempting the impossible' date=' fitting the Seat Sport OMP Lower Strut Brace to my car...[/quote']

Could you give the part number for that one, I haven't seen a lower strut brace from Seat Sport and it's not listed among the other Seat Sport accessories?

Hi the part number for the OMP is MA1864.

They are quite hard to get hold of.

I have had to search high and low for this one and it will be here next week.Has been on order for ages.

Thanks

Cheers :)

Just a quick question though....what is OMP and if the strut brace is Seat Sport can you order it from Seat, because I don't recognise the part number as a VAG part number. -Please excuse my ignorance :D

I have seen some Seat Sport brake calipers (JBS thread I think) from Seat Sport as well, but they are not listed as Seat Sport accessories either so is there somewhere one can see all Seat Sport extras made for the Ibiza?

Cheers :)

Just a quick question though....what is OMP and if the strut brace is Seat Sport can you order it from Seat' date=' because I don't recognise the part number as a VAG part number. -Please excuse my ignorance :D

I have seen some Seat Sport brake calipers (JBS thread I think) from Seat Sport as well, but they are not listed as Seat Sport accessories either so is there somewhere one can see all Seat Sport extras made for the Ibiza?[/quote']

OMP make bits and bobs really... race suits, gloves, shoes, strut braces..

some of the Seatsport branded stuff is made by OMP (the front upper strut brace)

IIRC i think seatsport have their own catalog..

Hi

Well you all like making my life hard ' date=' so what I will do is see what I can do for you.

Will let you know of any outcome as it is saturday you only get MAD people working.

So the majority of my suppliers are not in to ask.

But will find out for you.[/quote']

Thank you for answering everyone's queries & a big thank you to everyone else for letting me know how it should be after this.

:thumbup:

Thank you for answering everyone's queries & a big thank you to everyone else for letting me know how it should be after this.

:thumbup:

Well I hope we get it fitted and we can both report that it was a good fit with good results.

This is all a mad game and we have to keep on top of it by finding out really what happens and where.

Will get in touch soon.

Thank you all

I have a lower brace. Came from germany. Not a great fit (hits sump) but it makes a big difference. Much better steering feel and turn in is better. Hope the OMP one is a better fit.

OMP make bits and bobs really... race suits' date=' gloves, shoes, strut braces..

some of the Seatsport branded stuff is made by OMP (the front upper strut brace)

IIRC i think seatsport have their own catalog..[/quote']

Ok did the research and the MA1864 is a front lower brace and is listed in this OMP catalogue:

http://www.ompracing.it/barre/barreen/seatskodasubarusuzukitoyota.pdf

Oh and Hellfire you asked about a rear upper brace. It seems that OMP has that covered too. Just take a look at MA1695 in the same catalogue.

Lots of nice stuff from OMP :D

Oh and Hellfire you asked about a rear upper brace. It seems that OMP has that covered too. Just take a look at MA1695 in the same catalogue

Thanks mate :thumbup:' date=' I do still prefer the one which Carjacked Mike was testing, I know it might not be as good as the OMP or the AAT one but it seems a neater install and the big + factor is it seems very easily removable for when you need to get that extra room in which will be a must in a few months time.

[b']EDIT[/b]

-----------

Just checked the catalog and the OMP one appears to be for the 93> onwards model and not the new 02> one so i'm assuming it'll be different or wont fit.