Castrol Edge 5w40 Currently

Good price, but you'll need a bit more for a full service. I will stick to Quantum Platinum @ circa £23-£24 (5 litres) from TPS. That is a trade price though but I can do a full service and top up the 1 litre bottle in the spare wheel well. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Struggle with TPS, they don't seem to be interested in dealing with the public at my branch :(

Found 6 litres of Motul 5w40 for £41.88 delivered from Opieoils using BRISK25 code.

or 5 litres of Gulf Oil fully synthetic 5w40 for £29.38 del.

or triple QX 5w40 oil from eurocarparts for £24.60

I'm not sure who manufactures Triple QX, but I'm betting it's one of the big names, At the end of the day if the oil meets the spec you require, I don't think you can go far wrong.

A lot of bias is based on the marketing rather than the actual product these days...and this doesn't just apply to oil!

On a side note Quantum oil is made by Castrol, so I'm led to believe.

I think the advice here is to change your oil regularly as engines love clean oil - the Triple QX ( which I have used for 2 years) meets the spec and is cheaper - plus it comes in 5 litres !

Just ordered 5 litres of UneliteLL fully synthetic 5w/30 at £22.99 with free postage which is to the better VW 507 00 spec from Smith and Allen via E##y.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

Needed for our Greenline I with the 1.4TDI and a DPF but will use in the Mk1 1.4 TDI as well.

Edited by KeithCheetham