Adam's Fabia vRS Mk1 - 2.0 litre GTB powered

Southy

Went into work this morning and measured up the standard dual mass flywheel and drew it out on Solidworks.

Will look into which areas I can remove un wanted weight out of it soon.

IMG_20140524_115244_zpsx3wm8m6r.jpg

20140524_115059_zpsthhrh8jx.jpg

Been a busy morning, went to the paintshop and bought my paint for the wheel refurb.

Gone with Nissan's LP2 Deep Purple (Midnight Purple). It looks amazing in the sun yet almost black in the shade.

IMG_20140531_102234_zpsqiojqvvo.jpg

It's also my birthday in a few weeks so going to treat myself to a private reg.

IMG_20140530_074227_zpsibl426hd.jpg

On other news, the GTB2260vk turbo has been purchased from xman, a deposit has been paid to Darkside Developments for a tubular manifold and clutch parts. Hopefully should be picking these up next weekend. I plan on ordering myself an LSD this week through work.

Looks like you have a perfect job for a car enthusiast with access to machinery like that! Lovely motor by the way, it's a real credit to you.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

That's going to look great :)

Cheers Charlie, been looking around all afternoon for bits and pieces I'm gonna need once I have all my parts to get it fully fitted.

Really can't wait to see the wheels in this colour.

Looks like you have a perfect job for a car enthusiast with access to machinery like that! Lovely motor by the way, it's a real credit to you.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Thanks very much, I do love my job and it has it perks, I'm constantly working on things involved within the Motorsport world so it's something I rather enjoy...and with my boss doing rallying he understands my obsession with messing around with cars

Nice package turned up at work this afternoon from xman, ordered the turbo at the weekend along with oil feed pipe and downpipe flange.

Snapchat-20140604061527_zpstmkp8pj_edit_

Spent this evening after work removing/altering the flywheel design sketch that I did a few weeks back on solidworks. Started out weighing 17.8kg, and the finished design weighs in at 7.5kg so a nice weight saving.

skoda%20flywheel%20lightened_zpsdmgzkzbi

20140604_185001_zpslrqzape4.jpg

Hopefully I should be collecting my manifold, clutch plate and pressure plate, EGR delete and PD150 headbolts this weekend from Darkside Developments

Edited by Southy
  • Like 2

Cheers pal, having access and being allowed to use the machines to make my own things is fantastic, really makes me proud of the work I have done myself to the car.

Collecting all my parts from Darkside tomrrow, gonna be cheeky and ask if I can have a ride out in one of there cars as I'm yet to be in a GTB equipped car haha

Thanks very much Kev, I really like the colour scheme hoping it goes well with the purple wheels too.

Tissue's at the ready!!

Went for a trip over to Darkside Developments this morning to collect my parts. Bunch of great lads there, had a good chat with Scott for over an hour whilst having a nosey over around the workshop too. Came away with an empty wallet after it but can't wait to start fitting it all.

IMG_20140607_123142_zpsgt9caa4s.jpg

the box of goodies loaded up.

Few shots of the manifold close up

20140607_150414_zpsjgrzjpdu.jpg

20140607_150425_zps7jzff3l7.jpg

20140607_151015_zps6rfudigl.jpg

20140607_150953_zpseyvhup3h.jpg

clutch and pressure plate

20140607_150835_zps2ptpjtmn.jpg

20140607_150707_zpsvvojzi5r.jpg

LSD

20140607_150551_zpsllhqtwni.jpg

• Like 1

Just read this from start to finish it's looking awesome. Some hard work gone into it and it's paid off. Makes mine look **** lol. Wish I had the time and know how to detail mine, best I can do is polish it once a year lol

Just read this from start to finish it's looking awesome. Some hard work gone into it and it's paid off. Makes mine look **** lol. Wish I had the time and know how to detail mine, best I can do is polish it once a year lol

Thanks very much pal, it's been neglected lately, thought if I threw some money at it, it might make me decide to tidy it up, was thinking of selling it for a BMW 123d M-Sport but decided to keep and go big turbo instead

Didn't know you were getting a diff too. Wicked :)

Thought if I was going to all the trouble of pulling the box out to fit a flywheel and clutch may aswell fit a diff at the same time so I can use that power :P just means in future I only need to uprate the turbo and injectors and be able to take it.....

Awesome :) wish I did mine at the same time as the clutch.

That would of been my thoughts afterwards I think if I didn't do it, it's cost me a little more than what I wanted too having to purchase the diff but in the long run I won't be regretting not buying one.

Super jealous! Going to be great!

Cheer's Dan, I was so excitied to go and pick it all up, I honestly felt like a kid at Christmas haha

Bet thats the most expensive boot full of parts you've ever had!!! :)

Sure is Kev, just wish I wasn't busy for the next 3 weeks now as I wanna start fitting it all

• 1 month later...

No major updates much to my own disappointment, though things are heading in the right direction. Turbo housing will be picked up at the weekend after being re welded, finally got my billets after the sales rep mixed up the order just for a sales quotation and a few goodies turned up today at work and at home.

2 billets ready for making into SMF's, hopefully next weekend.

20140716_113301_zpsi8gflgms.jpg

Last few bits of my pipework turned up today from Demon Tweeks.

20140717_205850_zps2tllehgg.jpg

thought the vac hose was going to be too small to fit but it does however.

20140717_205626_zpsumqxtjdr.jpg

Finally I decided to buy myself a set of wind deflectors.

20140717_210034_zpsabxichcg.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks very much Kev, I really like the colour scheme hoping it goes well with the purple wheels too.

Tissue's at the ready!!

Went for a trip over to Darkside Developments this morning to collect my parts. Bunch of great lads there, had a good chat with Scott for over an hour whilst having a nosey over around the workshop too. Came away with an empty wallet after it but can't wait to start fitting it all.

IMG_20140607_123142_zpsgt9caa4s.jpg

the box of goodies loaded up.

Few shots of the manifold close up

20140607_150414_zpsjgrzjpdu.jpg

20140607_150425_zps7jzff3l7.jpg

20140607_151015_zps6rfudigl.jpg

20140607_150953_zpseyvhup3h.jpg

LSD

I just love that manifold! I know I do not have MK1 but I wish somebody made something like that for my MK2 vRS... 

Was it pressure wave and sound wave tuned would you know?

Pass I haven't got a clue in regards to the manifold. I love the manifold too, it's a fantastic bit of kit and the workmanship on it is amazing.

Managed to do a few things for the flywheel yesterday at work, got it all programmed up ready for next weekend.

Started out with a technical drawing like this.

20140718_130242_zpsjt5zsxry.jpg

This was then turned into the program which is too long to show, but the part shape for the flywheel looks like this.

20140718_155018_zps9au7uy5n.jpg

• Like 1

I just love properly done engineering drawing. In itself it is a thing of beauty when draftmanship is immaculate:). Will you be balncing it post cutting? What alloy the billet was?

I will indeed be balancing the entire clutch assembly once completed, it's EN8 the material and will also be chemically blackened afterwards

Made a start on machining the flywheels today, took roughly 2 hours for the 1st operation of each flywheel plus the time in setting the machine up aswell with all the tools and jaws to suit the job.

Before I started I made myself a test piece to try on the end of the crankshaft to make sure the PCD and angle of the offset holes was in the correct position.

20140726_101114_zpsdoxmoz41.jpg

I then placed the billet in the machine ready for the work to begin.

20140726_102824_zpspnu2gj3p.jpg

Part way through machining the face and the outter diameter.

20140726_104702_zpsvfnpk5ml.jpg

Boring the centre out

20140726_105633_zpsqp4fzbmm.jpg

After being drilled and tapped, just before the weight gets removed being endmilled.

20140726_120645_zpsuo1uzs1c.jpg

After the endmilling.

20140726_130744_zpsxsqabtcb.jpg

And the front side complete after Op 1. Will take roughly 45mins to finish off machining the backside come Monday morning.

20140726_132055_zpsccczjznv.jpg

Edited by Southy
  • Like 3