1. 10.00am Drivers Briefing

2. 11.00am Start of Practice Session

3. 12.00pm Start of timed Laps

4. 13.00pm end of timed laps

5. 13.00pm onwards - track side/local pub drinks and bragging

Find out How Fast you really are

TEL : 0843 453 3000

Not quite lol. It does have a dyno proven 112bhp though :D

The quaife straight cut, close ratio box with lsd helps a bit but I think it may surprise a few people how well I can pedal it.

indeed, I've seen you drive it.... not confident I can beat you n my vRS! (depends how long the straights are! pmsl)

indeed, I've seen you drive it.... not confident I can beat you n my vRS! (depends how long the straights are! pmsl)

Not long enough I think :D There's only about 3 reasonable straights and it always feels like your're braking before the car has really got in its stride.

• Like 1

Not long enough I think :D There's only about 3 reasonable straights and it always feels like your're braking before the car has really got in its stride.

That's because you brake too early. ;)

That Rover sounds interesting.

If it's light the power to weight ratio is probably pretty good.

The VRS Fabias (mk1 and mk2) are fairly heavy considering they are small cars.

I couldn't believe the mk2 Fab VRS is around 150kg more than a basic spec one with the smaller engine.

• Like 1

As I wrote before, time to step up dieting efforts :D . If it wasn't for my PC breathing it's last breath yesterday (will try to resurrect it but it is a hardware fault so not hoping for a miracle) I'd be getting an unfair advantage as I managed to get Bedford West Circuit and Fabia MK2 RS2000 sorted on rFactor (driving simulator for those game shy;) ) and had a few good laps around the track. That chicane with black/yellow "sleeping policeman" still there? RS2000 makes fab sound and handles like a dream when you set it up correctly. Had to change brake bias as I was loosig it under braking lol

That's because you brake too early. ;)

That Rover sounds interesting.

If it's light the power to weight ratio is probably pretty good.

The VRS Fabias (mk1 and mk2) are fairly heavy considering they are small cars.

I couldn't believe the mk2 Fab VRS is around 150kg more than a basic spec one with the smaller engine.

you'd be suprised boss...... maybe the 'box and diff help, but it IS light, and Hayden can really hustle it, so it will suprise a few people ;)

you'd be suprised boss...... maybe the 'box and diff help, but it IS light, and Hayden can really hustle it, so it will suprise a few people ;)

I guessed it was around 800kg-900kg or so, so similar power per tonne to a VRS but with better cornering no doubt and better grip out of the corners.

You don't need mega power to have fun as we all know. :)

I guessed it was around 800kg-900kg or so, so similar power per tonne to a VRS but with better cornering no doubt and better grip out of the corners.

You don't need mega power to have fun as we all know. :)

It'd need to go on a bit of a diet to get that low, last time it went on a weighbridge, it was, iirc, 1240kg with 2 people in it. Obviously one of those peoples won't be there so probably around 1175kg. It does have loads of turn in ability, with a rarb off a coupe at the rear and soft as hell suspension at the front, but the grip out the corners with the diff is great, particularly with Yokohama AD08 tyres :D

Sounds awesome too with the straight cut gears :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just ordered a pair of Maxxis MA-Z1 for this event (if its damp) in 215/40 R17, so looking forward to getting them on soon, I'll be putting a pair of T1R I have here already, on the back. :) The sooner my Paradas go, the better,

• Like 1

I still believe that a great driver in An average car can run circles around an average driver in a good car :). The only thing that really limits you is your rubber. Rarely cars have more grip than power. How you harness that available grip under braking (ABS should be possible to be switched off!) under acceleration and while cornering. Hence me banging on about rather useless brake upgrades etc. If my brakes are good enough to lock the tyres at any given speed I am asking them to do so it's means brakes provide enough braking torque for my current setup. If I however change the tyres to sticky rubber and find they are not able to do so then an upgrade is a must of I just wasted lots of money on my tyres :D. Same with chassis stiffening and power mods. Have you ever tried to keep an engine at it mac output at all times, say between 5.5k&6.5k? Rather bloody difficult! Best map achieves wide operating band and sets up power world records. Anyhow, can't wait either!

Let's not get too tied up on the shaving tenths. It's a fun event not a test session with a place on the BTCC starting grid at stake :)

You still need to nail those timed laps as those are the ones which count.

Let's see if we can fill the final spaces :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just ordered a pair of Maxxis MA-Z1 for this event (if its damp) in 215/40 R17, so looking forward to getting them on soon, I'll be putting a pair of T1R I have here already, on the back. :) The sooner my Paradas go, the better,

good call Jason, you know how well mine worked on the ring ;) I have put my summers on last week, I litterally now have double the grip in my lovely maxxis Z1's ;) I've swopped them round from when they were at prague, the fronts now have 8 mill and the rears 6 mill..... unfortunatly if my new car arrives by this date, I will have an unknown quantity of tyres! maybe dunlops :( if so, I may order 4 maxxis Z1's and sell the dunlops on brisky/e-bay.....

This is getting serious now, tyres being ordered, tenths of seconds shaving off, I best get myself out on the bike for some exercise and think about what tyres to buy........

Richard, you must have stirred them all up with the Yeti last year.

This is getting serious now, tyres being ordered, tenths of seconds shaving off, I best get myself out on the bike for some exercise and think about what tyres to buy........

Richard, you must have stirred them all up with the Yeti last year.

What can I say, the VRS boys don't like to be beaten by an SUV. :giggle:

• Like 1

I don't stand a chance in a bog standard vRS Fabia II, I will put the wheels off the Golf on it and the Yellow stuff pads, should help a little bit.

Looking forward to this and CC, will be a good day out.

I got over my right knee and ankle injury and today will be third day in a row of hard gym slog :D. The chepest performance enchancer I can think off - burn some lard off! Not to mention general health benefits :p . The only thing I might be doing is perhaps using better engine coolant but with UK's weather I do not think it will be necessary. Problem is that above 130 C supercharger is being throttled down...

I really want to have 100% stock performance benchamrk for this car.

I have standard brakes that are 50,000 miles old.... meh, I'll just not use 'em :p

Dammit, you stole my plan!

• Like 1