Blackline availability

Hi all.

First time poster here.

Im thinking about getting a new Octi VRS and ideally it would be a Blackline but my local dealer cant find any so Im wondering if anyone knows any dealers that still have access to any unregistered ones?

The only caveat is it cant be white (Wives right to Vito).

I have been offered a VRS TSI estate, but Im a bit worried I may get a shock when I fill up at the pumps, last 2 cars were a diesel Toledo and a 1.4tsi Leon. Want something bigger and faster but without breaking the bank too badly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

There were 2 in Fareham & 1 in Botley (Near Southampton - Geographically) last I knew (last week) but I cant be sure on the colours. The chain is Sparshatts, google it & see what pops up. Good luck, I hope both your sakes you find the elusive white one.

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

Youll probably struggle a bit to pick up a Blackline now; personally i'd look for a bargain on an ex demo, pre reg or nearly new CR TDi. There are quite a few around with decent specifications if you look on Autotrader.

My 2 pence worth, an estate DSG is probably a good way to go. Hatch renowned for failing rear wipers; not a problem on the estate as far as I know. DSG also comes with a multi function wheel and maxidot trip computer. Manual cannot be factory ordered with a MFSW, but can have Maxidot. Manual also could not be factory ordered with Bluetooth but it can be retrofitted.

West End Edinburgh have a red vRS estate demo made to look like a Blackline which should be available as an ex-demo soon as the staff member running it is about to move on to running an actual Blackline estate (blue) - but I don't know if that will be another demo/staff car, or if it will be his own personal car .

West End Edinburgh have a red vRS estate demo made to look like a Blackline which should be available as an ex-demo soon as the staff member running it is about to move on to running an actual Blackline estate (blue) - but I don't know if that will be another demo/staff car, or if it will be his own personal car .

Just so the OP is aware it was possible to factory order any vRS with Black Neptune alloys from Model Year 12 onwards, so you'll probably find some 61 and 12 plate cars have these wheels and look identical to the blackline. Not sure why but many newer non Blacklines were spec'd without the black wheels; would have always been on my options list as I think the silver neptunes look a bit plain. You could always get the normal wheels refinished in Black as part of a deal if you cant find a blackline or a non blackline with black wheels, also available to purchase but wiuld cost you a few hundred quid.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, Ive got a couple of inquires in with the garages mentioned to see what they can come up with. Problem is that Im stretching my budget on this so if its not brand new then I loose out on the service plan and Skoda contribution which is just enough to mean that a used one, even if it only has 10 miles on it, needs to be a real bargain to become affordable.

Think Ive about given up on a brand new Blackline, looks like Mitchells got the last of them and pre registered them/sold them/use them.

Might wait till next week and see what happens to the price of 62 plates once 13s are available.

The only caveat is it cant be white (Wives right to Vito).

I have found these white ones.

http://www.autotrade...g?logcode=ucnnp

and the rather elusive estate with only 10 miles on it

http://www.autotrade...age/1?logcode=p

I'm pretty sure that you would be able to get a service plan included in the price if you ask nicely.

You nasty man! :p

I have found these white ones.

http://www.autotrade...g?logcode=ucnnp

and the rather elusive estate with only 10 miles on it

http://www.autotrade...age/1?logcode=p

I'm pretty sure that you would be able to get a service plan included in the price if you ask nicely.

Nice find Stu,

For the OP please be aware that the adverts on autotrader quote the 6 CD multichanger, which the Blackline doesn't have as this is the bolaro system fitted to standrad vRS's. The BL has the Amundsen + which has sat nav, DAB, a single CD and a slot for a SD card so you can put your music on the card in MP3 format (I've got about 100 albums on a 8 gig card- might not be a problem to you but 1 guy was really upset when he didn't get his 6 cd changer)

Last week Silbury Skoda in Cramlington had a black Blackline hatch but I'm unsure if it was pre-registered or not. I ordered a manual Estate in Race Blue Metallic only yesterday from Benfield Skoda in Newcaatle and will get it on a 13 plate next week once it arrives from their other showroom but it was the last Blackline they had in group stock so I was extremely fortunate!

Can you not still get the finance and servicing offer on a pre registered or ex demo car? Have you asked?

Just wait until Skoda discover another few hundred MkII bodyshells hidden in a corner of the factory, they'll soon be knocking out another extended run of Blacklines :giggle:

Following on from my previous post, well I can now whole heatedly recommend that anyone on here- DO NOT DEAL WITH BENFIELD MOTORS.

I payed a deposit (at BENFIELD SKODA NEWCASTLE) to hold the last Blackline estate they had in group stock at their BENFIELD SKODA HARROGATE showroom. I payed the £500 deposit on 27/02/13 and arranged trade in value for current car and arranged finance through Skoda finance. Was given delivery date of 26th March to enable them to transport car from Harrogate to Newcastle and PDI, register, tax etc but was told I could have it earlier than this if I wanted.

I went in to BENFIELD SKODA NEWCASTLE last Friday 01/03/13 with my paper counterpart driving licence to photocopy for finance company and asked to have car on the 18th and was told they would do their best.

The next contact I had was a phone call on Monday 04/03/13 from BENFIELD SKODA NEWCASTLE saying SORRY YOU CAN'T HAVE THE CAR NOW BECAUSE BENFIELD SKODA HARROGATE HAVE REGISTERED AND TAXED IT AS A DEMONSTRATOR FOR THEMSELVES.

Now somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but surely that car should not have been REGISTERED AS A DEMONSTRATOR TO THEMSELVES AFTER I PAYED A DEPOSIT AND ARRANGED FINANCE ETC AND WAS GIVEN MY DELIVERY DATE?

To say I'm really annoyed at the moment is an understatement and I'm currently trying to sort sort something out with them but not really getting anywhere. It comes down to either ordering a standard vRS for the same money, getting one with options but paying considerably more for it with them offering a few hundred pounds discount or waiting 3 months until the car I originally ordered has been a demonstrator for 3 months and then buying it as an ex demo car but they are wanting me to pay around the same amount as I would be paying new for it, the figure of maybe '£500 less but you won't get Skoda £500 deposit contribution as its not a new car now' was mentioned to me! Now that sounds like a rotten deal to me as BENFIELD SKODA HARROGATE REGISTERED THE CAR I ORDERED AND PAYED DEPOSIT ON, AS A DEMONSTRATOR FOR THEMSELVES!!!

If anyone has any advice or has been in this position before then I would love to hear from you!

Shocking! Definately call Skoda, they're really pushing the Customer Promise campaign at the moment, very big on customer service. When I had work done at a dealer, Skoda got in touch and wanted to know everything about my service. They should sort something out for you. I hope so anyway. That's rotten.

you paid a deposit so that car was yours, they had no right doing that to you, this sucks a lot :'( .why would they want a demo car anyway for a car you can't order new? doesn't make sense..

I didn't think you could order any vRS now anyway? I was told ages ago that production had seized so I had to buy a used Blackline for the same price but I was just glad to get one at all!