Blackline availability

Well I've been in again today and have they have given me some options.

The first option is of having that same car when 3 months have passed so start of June and they said they will want 18k for it but I won't get the Skoda deposit contribution of £500 so in effect only £500 less than new which seems to me to be not a very good deal as it will have been registered and have up to 2000 miles on it.

The second option is to get another car from the ones that are available (at port in Germany ready to be shipped according to their computers but production has stopped so its just what's already built).

So one I was looking at as a possibility is a vRS Manual Estate in Race Blue Metallic and has options of: Black Alcantara Sports upholstery with red stitching, black Neptune alloy wheels, Sunset glass, rear park sensors, Auto dim rear view mirror and auto lights and wipers, Xenon Headlights and spare wheel. They said they can do that for £19750 which is a discount of £827.16 and they will fit a dog guard into the car, include a boot liner and put the Supaguard protection on the car which they weren't including on the blackline (saving me a couple of hundred quid on the dog stuff and also the Supaguard)

The 3rd option is to refund my deposit and I go elsewhere so maybe another place and get a pre registered Blackline?!?

I haven't decided as of yet what to do.

BOOBLE I might phone Skoda and see what they say although I'm not sure there would be much because at the end of the day my originally 'reserved' blackline is now gone so can't get that and no other new blacklines available and the factory stopped making new ones so its either a new standard vRS with options one and VAT savings as example above or a pre registered blackline.

MARKO I totally agree it doesn't make sense and yes production has stopped so its just whats been made and ready to ship that is available.

Thanks MACR573 but I need an estate really for the dog!

I agree about the second option being quite good - but only because that is how I would have specced a vRS if I had factory ordered one. I would be examining your sales contract with the dealer about what you agreed to purchase as well though, you may be able to get a better offer from them. Also see what deals you can get from other dealers and play them off against each other. And yes, I would be complaining to Skoda UK about what has occurred.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Sorry to hear your troubles mark b uk.

Starting point - you need to read your order form to see your redress/options. Check out the terms and conditions - however, this is written by the stealers lawyers and will be written in their favour, assuming you signed this document both parties must adhere to the t&cs.

Other issues-

£500 deposit??????? I paid £200

£20,000 for option2 - no way. That spec is very close to a Blackline, yes you get Xenon but you dont get SatNav. I think your angle is to get them to sell this model to you at the Blackline price. I got my white Blackline manual estate for £18,200 including £500 VW finance contribution.

If you cant progress this idea then take your money and go to a different dealer.

Having a dog guard, boot mat and Supaguard thrown in is no big deal. I got the Skoda dog guard for £95 and installed myself in 20 minutes.

Good luck.

Interesting.

I have just read my Sales Order.

SELLERS DECLARATION

I/we accept and confirm the above order and undertake to supply the said goods upon and subject to the terms and conditions referred to herein.

Now my order says this document contains the terms of a contract on the front and back. Well the back is completely blank and so I cannot see the full t&cs, but from this, it would be reasonable to expect that somebody who pays a deposit with a corresponding signed Sales Order by the stealer is under a duty to supply the car mentioned.

If the stealer relies on some spurious term or condition then this could be challenged via the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

Good luck.

I've priced the car offered as option 2 on drive the deal and they can do it for £18830 seeing as the dealer messed up big time I'd push for them to match that price

Been back today and to another dealer who said they would do exact same deal for 19600. Went back to BENFIELD again and they will do it for 19500 and throw in GAP insurance too. So in effect it'll actually work out less than the blackline was now when you consider that includes GAP, Supaguard, Dog Guard and Boot Liner.

Plus the £500 skoda deposit contribution.

I would have been going to buy the Dog Guard, Boot Liner and GAP anyway and the Supaguard is an added bonus.

Been back today and to another dealer who said they would do exact same deal for 19600. Went back to BENFIELD again and they will do it for 19500 and throw in GAP insurance too. So in effect it'll actually work out less than the blackline was now when you consider that includes GAP, Supaguard, Dog Guard and Boot Liner.

Plus the £500 skoda deposit contribution.

I would have been going to buy the Dog Guard, Boot Liner and GAP anyway and the Supaguard is an added bonus.

If you are fine with the deal then go for it, but, nearly £20k for an Octavia estate is way too much.

I think you are valuing the dog guard etc way too much

Dog guard £95

Boot liner £60

GAP £200

Supaguard £150

I tried 4 dealers to source a race blue estate blackline early this week, failed miserably. Tried ringing drive the deal, they said no chance.

eventually did a deal on a race blue estate diesel manual with spare wheel/alcantara pack/boot floor/parking sensors at 18100 after the finance contribution. i intend to pay the finance straight off so after fees I recon that works out at about 18300 cash price with the 3 yrs servicing.