Octy vRS Seats in a Fabia vRS?

I'm just throwing this out there,

maybe the octy lads can enlighten me on this subject as well..

I'm thinking of changing over the interior in my fabia vrs mk 1 and was thinking if the seat rails in any version of octys needed much changing to them if any to fit straight in and taking in to consideration all the extra trim you get around front seats in octys whether they even have the space to fit in??

Has anyone ever attempted to do it or am I just thick lol!

Thanks in advance guys!

Boxy™

The fabia seat is a nicer seat IMO. Larger bolsters and more grippy (unless you have leather). The Octy seat is much flatter and less supportive, although does have adjustable lumber support and the passenger seat is height adjustable too.

To swap the Octy vRS seats to a Fabia you'll need to swap all the subframes over and as such will lose the height adjustment as it is part of the subframe. The bolt holes and subrames are very different between the Octy and Fabia, so the only way is the time consuming job of swapping the frames.

Rather than destroying your Fabia seats, you could buy a cheap set from a lesser model off the bay or breakers and use the subframes from these as the donors to complete the swap.

• Like 1

Jesus! Why is it such a faff about! All I want to do is get rid of the horrid black and white fabia seats for something that doesn't look filthy but is smart looking, something that's either leather with vRS on it...

The hunt continues...

Boxy™

Jesus! Why is it such a faff about! All I want to do is get rid of the horrid black and white fabia seats for something that doesn't look filthy but is smart looking, something that's either leather with vRS on it...

The hunt continues...

Boxy™

Feel the same, can't believe how hard or expensive it is to change the interior. Rely want to change mine

• Like 1

IMG_9857_zps0565a131.jpg

IMG_9870_zps5080e679.jpg

IMG_9856_zps08a05549.jpg

I did 80% of mine on my own until i needed intervention from a "professional" to recover the larger rear back rest.

All details are here in the thread but simplest intructions I can write are as follows:

Front Seats

• remove back rest from Golf seats
  • remove foam from Golf base metal work
  • Bin Golf base metal work
  • remove back rest from Fabia seat
  • remove foam from Fabia base metal work
  • put Golf foam on Fabia base
  • Attach Golf back rest to Fabia base metal work.
  • put back in car
  • repeat for drivers sides

Rear Bench

• remove metal frame from under Golf seats
  • throw frame away
  • remove metal frame from under Fabia seats
  • put Golf foam and material onto fabia frame
  • put back in car
  • Repeat on other section

Rear Back Rests

small part

• remove material and foam from Golf metal work
  • Throw away Golf metal work
  • remove material and foam from Fabia metal work
  • put Golf foam and material on Fabia metal work
  • put back in car

large part

• remove material and foam from Golf metal work
  • throw away Golf metal work
  • remove material and foram from Fabia metal work
  • take Fabia metal work and Golf material and foam to an upholsterers
  • They will make minor amendments to the sizing and patch over the extra seat belt and head rest holes
  • receive back put in car

For reference I did all of the above for about £200....

• Like 1

Alternatively if all that sems like too much fuss you can do a straight swap to anything that comes out of a 9n Polo, a mk4 Ibiza or any other Fabia (the "Sport" came with a black version of the VRS seats)

You could also use anything from the more modern versions of the same cars but then you are looking at a serious price hike.

• Like 1

Feel the same, can't believe how hard or expensive it is to change the interior. Rely want to change mine

i know kyle, its a rate ball ache lool but cheers for the info pasty lad! ill have to have a gander then, those "sport" seats for fabia, what do they look like, all im finding is the normal black, and white centred ones...?

indeed they are; cos they are super rare and super sought after.

Skoda didn't exactly make it harder to fit other seats

It's just that the list of models with the same floor pan is smaller.

Where as Octavia owners can pick and choose between A3s, A4s, TTs, Leons, Toledos, Golfs, Boras, as they are all fully interchangeable; we have to make do with the Polo and Ibiza.

• Like 1

They should of made the golf and a3 stuff fit ours!! Wonder if a aftermarket bucket seat for the fronts would be easier? Not really the route I'd want to go but maybe a idea

Well if we're going down the route of what they should have done then they SHOULD have just made the freaking seats a sensible colour! :D

Having not fitted after markets I dunno but yeah it probably would be simpler as there would be no messing around swapping foam etc. although i dunno how complex the fitting of new runners would be nor how different the budgets would need to be.

grrr but i dont want different matching seats in front to the backs :(....

FML this is a **** subject..

has anybody seen or done any nice leather seats in theyre fabia vrs from a different car??

These'd bolt straight in..

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d02b699a5

then you can recoup some of your money by selling your VRS seats making them cheaper than Seat Surgeons

or either of these are nearly the same as the VRS seats but in darker colours

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c7d6618e

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337df0af47

cheers buddy, i did follow your thread u were doing a few weeks ago i think ref ur seats..

was good, ive made my mind up i definatly want some leather seats or at least half leather me thinks

cheers pasty!